Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Ant118
BmwAviator

ALMS GT2 Finish @ Laguna Seca...Amazing Video

For those you missed it. Some of the most exciting finishes I have seen in a long time!

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Ihavenocar
2nd Gear Member

I usually dont watch this stuff but i think i will now :O
Ihavenocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Steve30
Techno Viking

haha well played

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Was a good race. But I think the Corvette was clearly instigating the entire thing. He was pushing and shoving a lot towards the end, not to mention driving into pit lane exit road... If i was Bergmeister, I would have done the same after to what happened to him a few years back with the battle in Sebring.

This was the outcome of this http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-on-probation/

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Ant118
BmwAviator

^^ Agreed. He tried to push him of his line in the last corner hence giving him the advantage to pull out of the corner. Damn Vette drivers...This isnt nascar! lol

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118 View Post
^^ Agreed. He tried to push him of his line in the last corner hence giving him the advantage to pull out of the corner. Damn Vette drivers...This isnt nascar! lol
i agree too.
The Vette driver should have had a ban. That move at the pit lane could have been leathal if a car was exiting and clearly showed his lack of sportsmanship. I was kind of glad he crashed after his antics!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

buddy got pwned by the porshe!

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
DriveItSideways
Banned

Exciting to say the least, the vette was obviously faster but the porsche had great defence. Im not so sure the porsche did the right thing by squeasing the vette at the finish line, its a grey area but the vette did get past him atleast up to his front fender, which means he now had right of way. The porsche just kept squeasing him until his front fender nudged the rear quarter causing him to spin.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
craz azn
6th Gear Member

^^ Nah not really, the Porsche didn't move over much more after initially squeezing him. The Vette came right across the front of the Porsche, who actually hit the brakes and veered away at the end to avoid the Vette.

I would squeeze the Vette too if that had have been me, especially with that good tap there in the last corner.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
^^ Nah not really, the Porsche didn't move over much more after initially squeezing him. The Vette came right across the front of the Porsche, who actually hit the brakes and veered away at the end to avoid the Vette.

I would squeeze the Vette too if that had have been me, especially with that good tap there in the last corner.
No man, I disagree with you 100%

Obviously the vette was being a dickhead the last 10 mins of the race, no doubt, he did bump the porsche at the last corner, but in all fairness he was faster and was able to get his door past the fender of the porsche, which means 1st place. If you look again at the slow mo, he was going STRAIGHT between the wall and the front of the porsche, he didnt "come straight across the porsche" he got squeased between the car an the wall. The porsche can only defend his line until he gets passed, which he did get passed.

Also, the porsche brakes a split second AFTER contact.. so he didnt brake to avoid spinning the vette, he braked to avoid hitting the vette after causing the spin.

IMO, the porsche is in the wrong just as much as the vette was in the wrong when he passed on the pit out.

Was any penalties handed out after the race? anyone know the outcome?

If it was me in the porsche, I would have defended my line on that last straight, but once i see that vette pull ahead.. im not going to sandwich the guy into the wall.. Both guys were racing hard, there was probably some bad blood between the two from previous encounters.. This is the result of drivers distress rather drivers skill.

Also kudos to the vette for going 3 wide on the outside into corner1, that is what I call driver skill, if only he could have made it stick.. that would have been the pass of the century.

Last edited by DriveItSideways; 10-20-2009 at 01:54 PM.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post

Obviously the vette was being a dickhead the last 10 mins of the race, no doubt, he did bump the porsche at the last corner, but in all fairness he was faster and was able to get his door past the fender of the porsche, which means 1st place. If you look again at the slow mo, he was going STRAIGHT between the wall and the front of the porsche, he didnt "come straight across the porsche" he got squeased between the car an the wall. The porsche can only defend his line until he gets passed, which he did get passed.

Also, the porsche brakes a split second AFTER contact.. so he didnt brake to avoid spinning the vette, he braked to avoid hitting the vette after causing the spin.

IMO, the porsche is in the wrong just as much as the vette was in the wrong when he passed on the pit out.

If it was me in the porsche, I would have defended my line on that last straight, but once i see that vette pull ahead.. im not going to sandwich the guy into the wall.. Both guys were racing hard, there was probably some bad blood between the two from previous encounters.. This is the result of drivers distress rather drivers skill.

Also kudos to the vette for going 3 wide on the outside into corner1, that is what I call driver skill, if only he could have made it stick.. that would have been the pass of the century.
110% disagree .. did you see how much damage was put on the porsche when he put the vette into the wall?? nothing ..

I believe the vette tried to cut in front of the Porsche but miscalculated .. he thought he cleared the porsche but ended up swinging his back end going into the porsche .. very amateur move .. especially knowing that your RWD. Proper thing to do would have been to stay at the wall end even if he was being pressed.

I do believe it was all the vettes fault .. he was hot headed till the end .. and the result was the outcome of that.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post

Agreed the Corvette was clearly the faster of the two at the time as the Porsche was fading, but the Porsche drove fairly and defensively. I sure as hell would try to sandwich the guy if he gave me a tap in the corner before to unsettle the car so it wouldn't have the best line out of the corner and onto the final straight.

As far as bad blood goes, Bergmeister was in the exact same position back in '07 I believe, but he was at the loosing end when the Ferrari shoved him wide, I am sure he wouldn't let anyone do that again to him, especially since it was the same circumstances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWo8VdMb8I

As for what happened to both drivers after, go back to my first reply in this thread.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
Steve30
Techno Viking

the vette instigated it, cutting through pit exit was cheap.. the vette may have been the faster car but the porsche clearly had the better driver.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Lot more exciting then F1!
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
Ant118
BmwAviator

^^ Very True. F1 now is more or less you end up where u qualified. Unless someone makes a mistake or there is a accident. ALMS atleast is starting to have some good battles.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: