Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
bunnn
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SERB View Post
I said, 'most' of their systems are updated. The ways to get free parking are scarce now..but as more people find out about them they too will be corrected.
+1, during my first year at york..futureshop gift cards were able to open the gates of all the parking structures...but by midterm, it was already fixed..

photocopy of passes really doesn't do anything anymore, all the lots are now gated..you basically enter/exit with your remote/transponder card...

disabled parking passes? ..guess i don't have the right connections...

on another note, is yorks parking ticket part of the york parking system or is it part of the GTA? ... i know back in UT, they were working with the 43rd division, so parking tickets were inevitable and had to be paid...but Ryerson and Guelph(as far as I know anyways) just goes to the school, so people never pay..
bunnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #17
whoami
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ont-wrx View Post
I park my red 88 at founders too! Often with a parking ticket or two on it Sometimes i park next to a blue M3 at the lot next to tait... i figure a thief would go for the M3 before my 325
i think i seen ur car there before,

you park it usually in the vacant lot

whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #18
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

When I used to check the school out what i usually did was follow the cars that go into residence, ride their bumper while they open the gate and just drive right through lol but this was when I was in highschool and was checking out the campus, now I actually go there and had to buy a pass

Don't see how you can get free parking at the lots, only other thing I've heard of is park at a local store/factory/building and walk to campus. Or park at the AMC on hwy. 7 and interchange way and hop onto the viva (w/o paying and hoping the bus cops don't come).
drivetolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
preet006
2nd Gear Member

I park my Madeira violet e36 in the student services parking lot. Also for those who have a lot of york tickets, they don't let you graduate until you pay off all your fines. If the car is under someone elses name they trace the address back to you.
preet006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #20
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

address but more importantly the last name. I remember seeing an e36 at the tait parking with 5 series rims.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #21
preet006
2nd Gear Member

Is there any way around paying them for tickets? I owe them a shit load and I graduate soon
preet006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

if the car is in your name, you have to pay it. Lets say for example, the car is in your mothers name, and she has a different last name. You can probably get away with it. If all else fails, talk with them and get it reduced. Or within a couple days of recieving a ticket, go online and dispute it.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #23
3SERB
3rd Gear Member

From very recent experience, my friends graduated and even got their diplomas all while owing multiple thousands!! I think that they only way York can force you to pay that money is through a collection agency, but (not 100% on this), I doubt there are many agencies that will take these cases due to the ambiguity of a ticket issued from York instead of the City and especially in cases where the car is registered in someone elses name. I didn't take this risk my self, but more then a few of my friends have fines ranging from $500 to $20,000.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #24
kkeddy
2nd Gear Member

i park at the student services..wheres the line of bimmers @ york, id love to park with you guys!!

look out for 03 e46 facelift with bbs lm reps with angel eyes..its me!

i goto seneca at york therefore i park at the student serrvices garage..i nvr knew there was a underground..i think im gonna park there from now on lool
kkeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #25
3SERB
3rd Gear Member

4th floor of student services should have a reserved row for Max members..and of course a group discount on parking.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #26
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeddy View Post
i park at the student services..wheres the line of bimmers @ york, id love to park with you guys!!

look out for 03 e46 facelift with bbs lm reps with angel eyes..its me!

i goto seneca at york therefore i park at the student serrvices garage..i nvr knew there was a underground..i think im gonna park there from now on lool
Lol usually just 3 of us, sometimes 5 in the Shorham lot. Lol I'm actually thinking about getting BBS LM's also, not to sure yet, undecided. Sometimes I like them and other times I don't. I'll be on the lookout for your car, have never seen these rims in real life
Old 11-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #27
bunnn
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SERB View Post
From very recent experience, my friends graduated and even got their diplomas all while owing multiple thousands!! I think that they only way York can force you to pay that money is through a collection agency, but (not 100% on this), I doubt there are many agencies that will take these cases due to the ambiguity of a ticket issued from York instead of the City and especially in cases where the car is registered in someone elses name. I didn't take this risk my self, but more then a few of my friends have fines ranging from $500 to $20,000.
$20,000 in parking ticket is a bit outrageous....if this isn't a special case, i can't imagine a money sucking organization not taking advantage of this one way or another...

we should have a maxbimmer meet at York =D
Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #28
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Lol I'm down for a York meet
Old 11-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
3SERB
3rd Gear Member

Thursday is then best day, pitchers at blueberry hill afterwards.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #30
bunnn
1st Gear Newbie

mhmm nice im 7-10 on thursdays hahah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: