Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
icu
3rd Gear Member

Cell phone crash

Last week I pull into a parking lot , After searching around for the best spot I stop and wait for a guy to pull out , then a girl in a suv pulls around me an several others and cuts the guys angle off to get out , he motions to her to back up , then her backup lights go on I blast my horn but as I could see she was too involved in her cell call to pay any attention , Crash into the right front fender taking the signal out in an instant , Great just facking great , I get out , she gets out still on the phone and is in no way concerned about what just happend , I tell her to get off the phone and she replys I have more important things going on than this but if you think its so dear to you then call the cops. So I do . Now taking to the heat on speaker he tells her to surender her info to me or a unit will be dispatched , she complies and is pissed off like hell . I get all info as well as a witness , and off I go to the report center. Fast forward .... the car now at European Autobody the damages $ 1800 and counting . In retrospect this could have been far worse somebody could have been walking between the cars, and all because of that cell phone call . I hope that when her policy comes up for renewell she will remember this day.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Damn bitch. Hope European autobody sticks it to her.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Getting the witness was a good call! Parking lots are messy.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:46 AM   #4
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Crazy. I can bet the call was about some bs.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

I say new bumper, full engine tune up, fresh paint, any and all rust removal from all over the car (if any), new rotors and pads all round, possibly new suspension and alignment if yours is older than 24 hours all on her bill, plus a full car detail as a bonus!

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
sands
3rd Gear Member

Wow. Typical woman. Sorry to hear that, hope the car gets well soon!
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE36 View Post
I say new bumper, full engine tune up, fresh paint, any and all rust removal from all over the car (if any), new rotors and pads all round, possibly new suspension and alignment if yours is older than 24 hours all on her bill, plus a full car detail as a bonus!
People like you are the reason why insurance rates are going up in Ontario. Abusing the system.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
People like you are the reason why insurance rates are going up in Ontario. Abusing the system.
I think they are assuming she is paying out of her pocket.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
344i
5th Gear Member

Ummm have you guys SEEN this car? I would kill this bitch G. Best of luck!

Konrad
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Arash
6th Gear Member

Damn, what a shame.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
Steve30
Techno Viking

they would milk us regardless. anyways, its a shame to see such a stupid driver cause an accident like this. it seems like just about anyone can walk in and get their license these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post

E36 ///M3 S54
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
icu
3rd Gear Member

Well regarding abuse , If you read the thread you might have noticed that I was dealing with a person that was in no way of settling this matter in a civilized way ie out of pocket , I supose you think that I should have let her go her merry way and suck up the damage myself ? Not a chance ! And by the way your rates are going up regardless of people like me whom you do not know. At any rate things looking good , damage not as bad as it I thought however now is the tyme to refresh the front end take care of those stone chips and a new lip which I am paying for , maybe even something new. Cheers.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
344i
5th Gear Member

Graham, Milk it for all its worth! I wanna see that e36 factory mint again or else!

Konrad
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #14
MorningCruiser
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Well regarding abuse , If you read the thread you might have noticed that I was dealing with a person that was in no way of settling this matter in a civilized way ie out of pocket , I supose you think that I should have let her go her merry way and suck up the damage myself ? Not a chance ! And by the way your rates are going up regardless of people like me whom you do not know. At any rate things looking good , damage not as bad as it I thought however now is the tyme to refresh the front end take care of those stone chips and a new lip which I am paying for , maybe even something new. Cheers.
He was referring to the smartass saying to get a bajillion things done to your car totally unrelated to the accident bro, just fyi

Quote:
Originally posted by AlpWhitE46
"Im sickfinga, im always right."
MorningCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #15
icu
3rd Gear Member

Just an update on this , The car is going to get the entire front end done , Hood and right fender as well , What the heck after a decade of driving stone chips were places I could not get past and these guys are the best. Sorry for the missread StikiGreenZ I would have to agree that in most cases milking the pot is not good for all, In all the years than I have been on the road only two claims and they were for only what was needed, In looking at the damage done to my car I would have not thought it was so dear at first but when they got into the car really into it they found more had been wrecked than was thought, In my case fog light brackets broken bumper cracked and headlight adjusting screws broken, So you trust the pros to preform an honest estimate that the Insurance co. agrees and pays. If I had of taken a cash out of pocket in this case I would have been very sorry. Yeah 344i she is going to be sweet as nectar. I know all of us cherish our rides and many will agree that when you get to a stage in a custom or modified car you tend to be carefull with regards to other traffic were you park how you park how long your ride will be out of site and so forth , Sad when all of these things are lost to someone elses lack of attention. Ps Thanks for all the kind words.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: