Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: 2009 been a good year for you?
Busy as ever.. 17 45.95%
normal.. 14 37.84%
slow.. 4 10.81%
selling the car and buying a pre own Kia.... 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
2slow2race
6th Gear Member
 
2slow2race's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,411


you guys comparing who sold more cars is like e-thugs using magazine times for the quarter mile in there parents car. haha
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
where the hell do you get your facts from?, Mercedes-Benz Canada did record sales in 2008, it beat 2007 sales by 7000 units, so no they don't suck donkey ball, and this year is just slightly better than 2008, most likely sell 4000 units more this year.
What you mean is record sales FOR MERCEDES, not for the market/class. 2008 beat 2007 because 2007 was horrible for you. 2008 Mercedes sales did suck compared to 2008 BMW sales:

Year to date, Jan-Oct sales:
2008
BMW - 19,666
Benz - 17,126

2009
BMW - 20,793, increase of 6%
Benz - 20,385, increase of 19%

Benz has done a VERY good job at turning their lineup around and increasing sales. I'm sure Audi reps are patting themselves on the back for a 22% YTD annual increase too, but in their case going from 7,795 to 9,523 means they're insignificant. To be the champ you have to BEAT the champ, work a little harder
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #18
Quack
Wheelman
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,073
Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsy View Post
What you mean is record sales FOR MERCEDES, not for the market/class. 2008 beat 2007 because 2007 was horrible for you. 2008 Mercedes sales did suck compared to 2008 BMW sales:

Year to date, Jan-Oct sales:
2008
BMW - 19,666
Benz - 17,126

2009
BMW - 20,793, increase of 6%
Benz - 20,385, increase of 19%

I did mention these sales numbers were for Mecedes-Benz Canada, not once did I mentioned market/class, you said 2008 for Mecedes was a horrible year, I telling you that you're wrong, and now you saying that 2007 was a horrible year for Benz, once again you are wrong, they did record sales in 2007 compared to previous years, and also those numbers you provided above aren't complete, Benz sold over 24,000 units in 2008, and for sales in 2009 we are already at 24,000 units, you also have to understand that BMW rely on their 3-series for their high sales, Mecedes rely on their higher end models for sales.

Just because BMW sold more units doesn't make them the best, if you are judging a company because of their numbers than that's just stupid, Rolls Royce has lower numbers, so does Bently, Ferrari and Porsche, does that mean does company "suck" as you put it, how many $500,000 vehicles has BMW sold in the past few years, 0, how many have Mercedes has over 100.
__________________

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
You're kidding I hope? I realize the numbers I posted for 2008 aren't "complete" for Mercedes, I put up YEAR TO DATE. Since we haven't finished 2009 it's pretty stupid to compare all of 2008 to part of 2009 right? The fact of the matter is Mercedes performed very poorly in 2007. I know it was a record year for you. That doesn't mean it was a good year, just the best of a string of really shitty years. In 2007 even Acura outsold Benz to claim 2nd behind BMW! In 2008 you barely squeaked past Acura for 2nd place in sales. In 2009 you're actually doing very very well. Acura is in 3rd place over 6,000 sales behind BMW and Benz.

These numbers I've given you are bang-on accurate, they came out yesterday. Take them to mean whatever you want, but facts are facts. I wanted to refute the impression in this thread that "BMW is struggling, BMW is losing market share, bla bla bla". There's no better way to do that than put up concrete figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I did mention these sales numbers were for Mecedes-Benz Canada, not once did I mentioned market/class, you said 2008 for Mecedes was a horrible year, I telling you that you're wrong, and now you saying that 2007 was a horrible year for Benz, once again you are wrong, they did record sales in 2007 compared to previous years, and also those numbers you provided above aren't complete, Benz sold over 24,000 units in 2008, and for sales in 2009 we are already at 24,000 units, you also have to understand that BMW rely on their 3-series for their high sales, Mecedes rely on their higher end models for sales.

Just because BMW sold more units doesn't make them the best, if you are judging a company because of their numbers than that's just stupid, Rolls Royce has lower numbers, so does Bently, Ferrari and Porsche, does that mean does company "suck" as you put it, how many $500,000 vehicles has BMW sold in the past few years, 0, how many have Mercedes has over 100.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
Quack
Wheelman
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,073
Send a message via MSN to Quack
I never said BMW was struggling, find where I said that in this thread, I was just replying to your post saying Mercedes is doing horrible when they are not, and the numbers you gave about Benz is not "bang-on" accurate because I just recieved a email from HO earlier this week and your numbers don't even match to the numbers I have for year to date.
__________________

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #21
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
I realize you didn't say BMW is struggling, that came from another post:

"Yeah i've been hearing about the record sales at Mercedes-Benz cause my gf worked there and her dad is pretty high up in the company too. BMW has slowly been on a decline. Sales are ok but in comparison to how they've been in the past, things aren't looking too bright."

Someone else started the comparison of BMW and Benz so I finished it.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #22
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
Donkey balls? Never heard that one before.
I've used it many times, introduced to me by my girlfriend, who uses it alot more than me.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member
 
bmdoubleya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,003
I'm in Subaru sales and we keep breaking Canadian history also.
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #24
kkeddy
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 191
lol. sales figure obviously go up wen u lower the prices dramatically, on top of that with the government incentives when u buy this and that blha blah..

profits are still down compared to previous years..
__________________
2003 BMW 325i (sold)
2010 Civic Si (track) (sold)
2001 BMW e46 m3 (current)
kkeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #25
europrince
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North York
Posts: 6,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeddy View Post
lol. sales figure obviously go up wen u lower the prices dramatically, on top of that with the government incentives when u buy this and that blha blah..

profits are still down compared to previous years..
reference facts please. i.e. press release
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
VSanj
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bramladesh!!
Posts: 4,331
I sell forklifts, new used and parts and service for said forklifts...........we got killed this year with the manufacturing industry and automotive getting hammered. This years numbers will be down almost 60% from last year.
__________________
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/11/vsanjsigdw5.jpg
VSanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L
 
parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scarbrough
Posts: 807
Being in the real-estate industry commercial and residential, tenants are going broke. What I have being hearing; this is going to be trend for a while.
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015