Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #31
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,974


Holley **** looks lke u guys got some great deals.
i thought i had an awesome plan but i guess not.
Calling Rogers on weekend.

Quote:
Rogers Wireless Corporate 200 $20.00
Text Messaging 10.00
Unlimited Evening Option $7.50
Savings: Wireless Essential Discount $-1.50
911 Emergency Svc Access Fee $0.50
System Access Fee 6.95
Credit: System Access Fee Credit $-6.95
Total before taxes: $38.45
GST (#86239 5381) $1.92
PST $3.08
Total for Wireless: $43.45
I want something better with data.
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #32
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,842
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Zimmie, look at your usage. Try to get them to give you unlimited incoming for free, say telus and bell all have it for free for corporate. Switch from your 10$ texting plan to the iphone/smartphone/blackberry 30$ value pack. Its 500mb, 10000 texts (might as well be unlimited as long as you're not a 16 year old) visual voicemail, caller id & whocalled)
I'd complain that the pack is too expensive (once again, compare to telus 15$ pack which is basically unlimted), try to get the 5$ data discount. If you do that you'll be paying 15$ more a month with data. The plan itself isn't bad, and if you get the unlimited incoming, you likely wont need unlimited evenings (since 1/2 of your calls are incoming anyway, you use less minutes during the day, and in the period from 6pm-9pm which is the gap between what your evenings were and are), drop that and you're saving another 7.50$, which drops the increase in price for data and voicemail to 7 and change.

Keep in mind, if you're not under contract, threaten to quit (telus has iphone next week, rogers knows this).

You can, (after you negotiate your plan), also try to get a phone out of it. It wont be as good of a deal as you would be getting if you just HUP'ed without negotiating your plan, but you can still get a 3gs for 350 or so.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #33
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member
 
StikiGreenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 1,602
Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
350 Daytime Minutes
500 MB Internet
Call Display, Forwarding, Waiting, Conference
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Unlimited Evenings/Weekends starting at 5pm
1000 Canadian Long Distance Minutes
$61 incl. taxes and systems access fee

Ivan - Thanks for the heads up on local calling areas and long distance... I got that 1000 Canadian Long Distance Minutes added on for free last nite.
Edit - I have unlimited Rogers to Rogers on this plan as well, reading Randy's post reminded me.
__________________
-

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #34
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member
 
StikiGreenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 1,602
Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Is visual voicemail offered in Canada?
__________________
-

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #35
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,828
I have the cheapest "plan" in the history of plans

Rogers:
40 any time :$4.95
30 sent text and unlimited received (only added this because they started charging to receive): $3.00
after fees and tax: $17.40/month
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #36
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
thats a crap plan ^^^
considering youre paying for 8$$ worth of services and yet pay 17.40. you may as well try and add some stuff to it for a few more dollars.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #37
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
thats a crap plan ^^^
considering youre paying for 8$$ worth of services and yet pay 17.40. you may as well try and add some stuff to it for a few more dollars.
Let me know when paying the system access fee becomes optional
If you can point me somewhere that has an equivalent plan for less $, or a better plan for the same (or less) $ then by all means please do
If not then
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,842
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
Is visual voicemail offered in Canada?
Yes, it is, i've had it for about a year on the iphone.

Bullet_ride, while you do have a cheap plan you can definatly get a better plan for the same amount of money.

There's an EPP retentions plan which will give you 200 anytime minutes, evenings and weekends at 9, caller id and voicemail for 17.95 with SAF waived. I doubt you can still get it, but you can try.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #39
TNation
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto/Calgary
Posts: 1,908
Rogers:
Here's what i have:
300 weekday minutes
evenings and weekends at 6
unlimited incoming
unlimited texting
no data
caller id
no long distance

total for my bill is around $40 bucks
I would love to have data or LD minutes
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #40
Dado 540
6th Gear Member
 
Dado 540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,980
Ivan just wanna say thank you for the tips, i actually called Rogers today and had a new plan set up. Also upgraded to iPhone 3Gs 32Gig.
Here it goes:

Plan = $20
-500 min
-free weekends/evening from 6pm
-Rogers to Rogers
Value Pack = $10
-enhanced voice mail
=call waiting
-call display
-name display
-unlimited text
-voicemail to text
-100 Canada wide LD - free (1000 LD min = $5)
Data = $15
-500mb (option for 1G would be $20. I took 500mb just to get an idea of how much usage that is. I never had Data plan so i have no idea how much i can surf the net)

Total = $45.00 (total savings $21)
Gov tax = 2.58

GRAND TOTAL = $47.58

If i decide to get the 1G data plan it will bump it to $52.58 and if i want 1000 Canada wide LD the total would be $57.58

Oh and i get the phone for $275

What do you guys think?
__________________
E39 540i Sport
Dado 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #41
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,842
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I really doubt you need 1 gig. You can try to push for free LD if you really wanna get the best deal possible. Say something like telus' calling zones are better for you cause of where you live. Its a long shot, but if you get lucky with a csr, you might get it.

Under 300 for a 32 3gs is a solid deal.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Let me know when paying the system access fee becomes optional
If you can point me somewhere that has an equivalent plan for less $, or a better plan for the same (or less) $ then by all means please do
If not then

youre ignoring what im saying to argue with me.

Those feees come with all plans. So youre paying 7$ for services, and then 10 in fees, when you could be paying 14$ for services and get a whole lot more, and then 10$ in fees. your call bro, if youre happy with 40 minuts, thats fine. but with 25-30$ you can probably get 200 minutes, and unlimitd caling from 8pm and weekends. if youre low on cash thats another thing as well. thats how these companies work. you get more "value" when you pay a bit more.

like i said, my plan comes to about 34$ after taxes and everything and iget 250 minutes, unlimited evenings and weeknds, caller id, etc, etc... Ya that costs twice as much as your phone does, but in relation to what I get versus yours, I get 10 times more then you.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #43
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
youre ignoring what im saying to argue with me.

Those feees come with all plans. So youre paying 7$ for services, and then 10 in fees, when you could be paying 14$ for services and get a whole lot more, and then 10$ in fees. your call bro, if youre happy with 40 minuts, thats fine. but with 25-30$ you can probably get 200 minutes, and unlimitd caling from 8pm and weekends. if youre low on cash thats another thing as well. thats how these companies work. you get more "value" when you pay a bit more.

like i said, my plan comes to about 34$ after taxes and everything and iget 250 minutes, unlimited evenings and weeknds, caller id, etc, etc... Ya that costs twice as much as your phone does, but in relation to what I get versus yours, I get 10 times more then you.
I wasn't ignoring you. I'm well aware that the more you pay the better value for the dollar you will get. I'm just saying that everyone on a plan has to pay the fees regardless, so for the sake of this discussion it minus well be ignored. I just wanted to have the cheapest possible plan so I wouldn't have to worry about running out and topping up minutes with pay-as-you-go. So for $7 I got 40 min, 30 sent txt and unlimited recieved. I only have a cell for convienence so I don't need that much. I appreciate your concern though.
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #44
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,271
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Can I get this if i bought the phone without the contract or do I have to be locked in the contract.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
Ivan just wanna say thank you for the tips, i actually called Rogers today and had a new plan set up. Also upgraded to iPhone 3Gs 32Gig.
Here it goes:

Plan = $20
-500 min
-free weekends/evening from 6pm
-Rogers to Rogers
Value Pack = $10
-enhanced voice mail
=call waiting
-call display
-name display
-unlimited text
-voicemail to text
-100 Canada wide LD - free (1000 LD min = $5)
Data = $15
-500mb (option for 1G would be $20. I took 500mb just to get an idea of how much usage that is. I never had Data plan so i have no idea how much i can surf the net)

Total = $45.00 (total savings $21)
Gov tax = 2.58

GRAND TOTAL = $47.58

If i decide to get the 1G data plan it will bump it to $52.58 and if i want 1000 Canada wide LD the total would be $57.58

Oh and i get the phone for $275

What do you guys think?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #45
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,271
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Davor good deal on a phone but , are you locked in contract. I guess so...
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015