Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
e30bim
Banned

E36 18 Button Conversion HELP

I did the conversion almost about a year ago and entire computer has worked perfectly. The only part I did not have was the turn stalk to control the computer from the steering wheel. When I did the conversion I ran a wire to the steering wheel area for when I finally got it. Last weekend I got the stalk and crimped the wire I ran to the brown/red as the instructions on #7 state:

7. Install the turn signal stalk. Tap into the brown/red wire of the new turn signal stalk and run it to the brown/red wire of Pin 4 of X1071.

I did this and it is not controlling the computer at all. I know there is someone on here who has done multiple installs regarding this and I'm hoping I can get some help. When I crimped the new wire into the brown/red I ran an "in-line" crimp that allows the brown/red and the brown wire to allow its normal function. Should I have just cut it at the turn stalk and not plugged that connector back in?

Can someone help and be extremely specific on the OBC turn stalk portion please?

Thanks!
e30bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
e30bim
Banned

Found the answer. Tap into Yellow/Red on the turn stalk not brown/red as pellican article states.
e30bim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: