Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-15-2003, 03:30 AM   #1
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Unhappy Ticket for ......

Well it finally had to happen. i was almost a year with no ticket

i just got off work tonight and was on my way home around 11pm. driving on the hurontario and i see some guy swerve out in the rear view mirror and i slow down a bit. and wait too see what it is. the car flyes by and it was an undercover impala. so he flyes by me, changes lanes in front of me. and was on it's way to turn right. then hits the brakes and gets in the lane beside me, waits till i pass by and gets behind me and pulls me over

he comes over, and asks for licence and the stuff and goes to the front of the car and looks at it. i have a burned low beam so i tought it was that. then he comes back, and says "u do know those signals are ilegal" and "that will cost you now $110"

so he wrote down on the ticket "improper signal device" and advised me to put and use only "amber, yellow, orange, whatever u wanna call them" as he put it. then he just turned around and left me there.

i asked if there are any points on it, which i only care about. he said "no but ur playing with your life" so i guess i'm gonna be looking for my old stock amber bulbs and screwing them in tomorrow. damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn they're so nastyyyyyy

so i'm thinking just to go and pay the fine and be done with it. but i thought i let you guys have a laugh and say "see i told you so" SO DON"T

so what would you do

btw the lights in question
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clipboard02.jpg (25.3 KB, 137 views)
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 03:33 AM   #2
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

blue is illigal!!!!!! .....thats gay it still blinks!!
Old 03-15-2003, 03:48 AM   #3
SickFinga

I hate blue corners and I'm happy that they give tickets for that.
I think yellow corners are so much better. Well maybe it is just me.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 03:52 AM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

see..I TOLD U SO!! - hahah sorry jus had to

why not put silver visions, and do that mod to make ur blinkers only come on when u signal..not all the time.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 03:52 AM   #5
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

is white legal ? (white as the reverse light bulb)
Old 03-15-2003, 04:30 AM   #6
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
see..I TOLD U SO!! - hahah sorry jus had to

why not put silver visions, and do that mod to make ur blinkers only come on when u signal..not all the time.
i was thinking of those just didnt remember what they are called. where can i get them and how much?

and the only legal signal bulb is AMBER nothing else everything else is illegal. so enjoy it until u get caught. i did

and what do u guys say?

pay or go to court??
Old 03-15-2003, 04:33 AM   #7
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
and what do u guys say? pay or go to court??
I'd say take it to court... chances are the cop won't show up and you'll be let off ... from my experiences at least..
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 04:34 AM   #8
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Bro, fight it no matter what!! Book a court date, the worst is you pay the fine anyway and at least it is delayed.

When you get there take pics with your camera and show that you fixed them and show it to the judge!!

But just keep the bulbs if you like them but keep amber ones in your glove compartment, and if you get stopped again, say ok I just changed the turn signals, here I will put the amber ones back it, and replace them in front of the cop. If he gives you a ticket then he is a real prick. Good luck.

Bitch Please!
Old 03-15-2003, 04:44 AM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
i was thinking of those just didnt remember what they are called. where can i get them and how much?

and the only legal signal bulb is AMBER nothing else everything else is illegal. so enjoy it until u get caught. i did

and what do u guys say?

pay or go to court??
drop your bulbs off to me, i'll do the DIY silvervisions for you (they work too)

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:18 PM   #10
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
[b]Bro, fight it no matter what!! Book a court date, the worst is you pay the fine anyway and at least it is delayed.

When you get there take pics with your camera and show that you fixed them and show it to the judge!!

But just keep the bulbs if you like them but keep amber ones in your glove compartment, and if you get stopped again, say ok I just changed the turn signals, here I will put the amber ones back it, and replace them in front of the cop. If he gives you a ticket then he is a real prick. Good luck.
is that option 2 or 3 again?

guilty with explanation or is it trial option? me not very smart
Old 03-15-2003, 06:21 PM   #11
SickFinga

Pick Option 3!!!

qimis, if you have clear corner and clear bulb - illegal
amber corner clear bulb legal
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:21 PM   #12
Foc us
4th Gear Member

**whisper** I think it's trial option.......
court = set trial.......maybe?
btw......if anything other than amber is illegal, then why are people still using white corners??
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:35 PM   #13
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
**whisper** I think it's trial option.......
court = set trial.......maybe?
btw......if anything other than amber is illegal, then why are people still using white corners??
The corner can be white, the bulb has to be amber or red. If the white corner was illegal, bmw wouldnt be allowed to have them as a stock option.

MP328, I dont know what options your talking about maybe someone else knows. But if you have shown you have fixed the problem, they should reduce/drop the ticket. Just plead stupidity or something, or just say you are poor and cant afford a ticket because you are in school. But book a court date for sure

For the future though, if you like the blue blinkers, just keep the extra bulbs (amber ones) in your glove compartment in a little bag. Thats what I do. And if a cop stops you, then simply say

"please dont write me a ticket, look I will change them now", and change them in front of him. If a cop then still gives you a ticket, that is kinda dumb.

Last edited by mkgino; 03-15-2003 at 06:39 PM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:43 PM   #14
Harry
4th Gear Member

Dont waste your time.. just go to the justice of the peace at the court house and they will reduce the fine for you, you'll end up paying $40 or something like that. It's not a moving viloation, so I don't think insurance will care about it, but u might want to check with them on it.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:20 PM   #15
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
WTF??!?!?!?! STUPID COPS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!?!?!HOLY SH*T... I have H.I.D white-light signal lights... is that illegal too?!?!uuuuuuugh

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: