Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-23-2002, 01:42 AM   #1
joeytomato
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to joeytomato
GSM phones new and unlocked

Motorola V60g/ EricssonT68 -900

Motorola V66-650
EricssonT39-500
joeytomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 10:14 PM   #2
2L8-IWON
2nd Gear Member

How Many do you have??

How many do you have and how quick can you get them, and how much for the T68??

email me by
caleb@cvkrealty.com
2L8-IWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 10:17 PM   #3
joeytomato
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to joeytomato
pretty quick 5-7 days to get the phone and a couple days to ship the phone. i'm guessing about 10 days
T68 for 850CAD
let me know
joeytomato@hotmail.com
joeytomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 04:22 PM   #4
5hift 6ear
1st Gear Newbie

Talking yo gagner

Sweet deal!!!
This is the coolest phone on the entire planet!
I'll buy 10 of them now!
k!
Ship them now!
2 4 6
5hift 6ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:41 AM   #5
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

How much are they? And does someone have good comparisons between the two?

Last edited by ThE bRoWn GuY; 03-04-2002 at 02:49 AM.
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:27 AM   #6
2L8-IWON
2nd Gear Member

Post GSM Phone COmparison Ericsson T68 VS Motorola V60 THIS WILL BE LONG!!!!

The T68 has been a long wait for some. Following in the footsteps of it's siblings the T68m has virtually the same feature set as the R520 and T39m but it adds a joystick for navigation, a more friendly (Nokia like) shape and most noticeably a colour screen. Some people say that the T68m is a revolutionary phone that offers glimpse into the future with it's colour screen and feature set. So, if you're wondering whether the T68m all that and more read on!

Quick facts

Name:
Ericsson T68m

Network:
GSM 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz

Weight:
3.0oz, 85g

Dimensions:
101mm x 48mm x 20mm, 4.0" x 1.9" x 0.8"

Battery life:
(stand by)
165-290 hrs (digital claimed) with BUS 11 ultra slim battery

Battery life:
(talk)
3-13 hrs (digital claimed)

My phone was manufactured in:
(your phone's country of manufacture could vary)
Sweden

Feature overview:
(taken from Ericsson's webpage)
T68 Facts and figures:
Product name: T68
System: GSM 900/1800/1900 + e-GSM
Battery capacity: 700 mAh
Battery: Standard Battery BST-14 (700 mAh)
Weight: 84 grams
Type of keypad: Hard silver-painted plastic, Y/N - keys metalized
Numbers of keys: 16 + joystick + side key
Talk time: 3-13 hrs
Standby time: 165-290 hrs

The Phone:

The T68m is available in a variety of colours. The designer colour name for the T68m I tested is Lunar Grey (the other colour is Ziroccan Gold).

Build:

The T68m is a very solid phone phone. There is no creaking or shifting when I squeeze it. However the buttons make soft rattling noises when you shake the phone (more on this later).

Dimensions:

Size-wise the T68m is an extremely small and light phone. It's almost the exact same size and weight as the Nokia 8290 (which is a really tiny phone).

Screen:

The T68m has a reflective 8 bit (256 colours) LCD screen with a resolution of 101 x 80 pixels. Unlike the Sanyo SCP5000 which also has a colour screen the T68m's screen does not look like it's completely washed out. The screen is very easy to look at and the colours are very pleasing to the eye. I'm not complaining here but remember that the screen can only display 256 colours. What this means is that in most cases the T68m's screen can't display photo quality images since there aren't enough colour available. Just something to keep in mind in case you're thinking of sticking photos on it.

You can choose from one of 3 font sizes for the T68m, small, medium or larger. Personally I like the smallest setting since the screen is so easy to read and the font is nice and clear.

Keys:

The T68m has 16 buttons plus a 4 way joystick (which also doubles as a button) on the front and one side mounted switch. The buttons are fairly nice to press. There's a nice amount of feedback and a little click when you press the buttons, plus there is no 'half way' point like on the T39. The 4-way joystick can be pressed in if you want to select something. I like the idea of being able to push the joystick in to select things. However the joystick is a little loose feeling in my opinion. In fact the joystick drove me nuts because I frequently found myself pressing the joystick in instead of moving it. The only way I could get around this problem was to handle the joystick very gently. Given that the joystick also functions as a button it would have been nice if it was a bit stiffer.

The keys wiggle a tiny bit which is not a really big problem as far as I'm concerned. The problem is that they make rattling noises whenever you move the phone around which I found to be extremely annoying.

The Yes and No buttons appear to be plastic with a chrome covering. While I can't say whether this will actually happen with the T68m from my experience chrome covered plastic has a tendency to chip so be careful when press the buttons

The key's backlight is nice and easy to see, it's not to dark and it's not so bright that you can't read the button.

I noticed that the screen would distort a tiny bit when you press the NO button.

The horrible slide button that I first saw in my T28w review rears its ugly head again. In case you never read my T28w review the slide button is hard to use since it offers virtually no feedback. You can change the volume, scroll, and check the phone's status with this button. When you check the phone's status by pressing up or down on the side mounted button in standby mode the phone will report the date, profile and amount of standby time and talk time left. I really hope Ericsson get's rid of this slide button and replaces it with something more user friendly soon.

The T68m features Tegic's T9 predictive text entry. Predictive text entry tries to guess the word you're trying to enter against a built in dictionary. For example let's say you want to enter the word 'hello'. Normally you'd have to press 4 twice, 3 twice, 5 twice, 5 twice and 6 twice. With predictive text enter you only have to type 4,3,5,5,6. If you type a word that's not in the dictionary you can add it and the phone will guess the word correctly next time you use it.

Like the T39m T9 on the T68m is a little on the slow side but it's not as bad as the T39m was, particularly when you're deleting text in T9 mode.

One thing which I liked about the T9 is that the T68 shows you how many guesses are available in the top right hand corner.

To add punctuation marks in T9 mode you have to press and hold the # key for a second and then scroll to the appropriate menu. Having to press and hold # is not very efficient, especially since T9 is supposed to save time.

Battery:

The T68 ships with the BST-14 700mAh Lithium Polymer battery. Battery life was amazing, I'd say with the screen backlighting set to automatic the phone should be able to get at least 7 days of standby.

Miscellaneous:

The T68m has a nice and loud earpiece, you shouldn't have any problem using this phone in loud situations.

The T68m's front is contoured slightly which at least in my case makes the T68m very comfortable to press against your face while you're using it.

There is no standard 2.5mm headset jack so be prepared to use a proprietary headset.

There is a green LED on the top left of the phone which flashes every second when there is service. There's also a blue LED on the top right which flashes when you're using the phone's Bluetooth feature.

The vibrating alert can be used with the ring so you can have both go off at the same time. The vibrating alert is fairly weak so be careful if you use it and you're expecting an important phone call.

The T68m which I tested contains firmware version R1BprgCXC125399_TAE. (this menu can be accessed by pressing > * < < * < * from the main screen).

The maximum data transfer rate on the T68m is 53.6 kbps (4 channels down, 1 up) when using GPRS

MOTOROLA V. Series™ 60g phone

Sleek and sophisticated. The Motorola V. Series™ 60g phone is the perfect combination of form and function. Intuitive, time-saving technology includes the new Motorola user interface for improved navigation and visual prompts, as well as voice-activated dialing. GPRS allows for faster call set-up, higher data speed, and an 'always on' connection. With its ergonomic, compact design and lustrous, metal housing, the
V. Series 60g phone is an achievement in style and performance!
Includes 3 internal games: Paddle Ball, Mind Blaster, Black Jack.
External Caller ID Display - Identify your caller without even opening the phone!
Microbrowser - Internet access for news, scores, stocks and more.
SMS messaging - Allows you to send, receive and store short alphanumeric messages
PIM features - Date book with alarm, message center and up to 500 number phone book
For use on GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz networks

Highlighted Features;

External Caller ID
4.3 ounces with high performance battery attached
New Motorola User Interface - Makes navigating through the menu and features simple. The customizable main menu allows you to reorder the menu items or frequently used features the way you want.
3.42 x 1.77 x 1.07 inches (with high performance battery attached)
Voice recognition / voice annotation button

GPRS - (General Packet Radio Service) - provides faster wireless data access that is "always on", typically more cost effective and allows for multi tasking between voice calls and data calls.

Two-way SMS messaging - allows you to send, receive and store short alphanumeric text messages with another compatible wireless device or email address

Built-In Microbrowser

FM Stereo Radio - accessible when used with optional FM stereo radio headset accessory

500 Name and Number Phone Book
Caller Line ID - allows you to view information on incoming calls before answering

iTAP™ software for simplified text entry (T-9 Word)

Voice Activated Shortcuts - Menu options can be linked to voice commands to automatically activate chosen feature when command is spoken 64 alert tones

Turbo Dial® keys 2-9
Personalization Features - Customize main menu, keys, greeting, banner and quick dial.

Date Book - Calendar, schedule and alarm clock

Voice Recorder - record conversations, memos or other notes

VibraCall® alert - to discreetly notify you of incoming calls.

Smart Button - to simplify accessing feature menus, scrolling, selecting functions and placing calls.

Talk Time Features
Provides up to 160 - 320 minutes of talk time when used with high performance battery

Display
External display shows 96x16, 1 line display with EL backlighting
Main display shows 96x64 pixels, 3 lines of text, 1 line of icons and 1line of prompts all with EL backlighting
Attached Images
File Type: gif bmmove.gif (16.9 KB, 62 views)

email me by
caleb@cvkrealty.com
2L8-IWON is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: