Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Spoose
5th Gear Member

Anyone know a floor guy - URGENT

Thought I would ask on here, long shot but why not. I had someone come in to refinish my hardwood in my new condo, moving in on the 13th. He came today and rushed the job, they sanded my floor, and put one coat of stain on. They were going to urethane the floor, did about half the bedroom before I showed up, all in one day. Is this normal, seemed kinda fast?

Anyways, my wife and I arrived after work to see how they were progressing. When we saw the floor we were shocked. It was A LOT lighter than the sample he showed us. The grains of the wood were really dark and the other parts really light. Looked like a dead zebra on the floor.

I told the guy we were expecting something A LOT darker and not with so much contrast. Too make a long story short, he packed up his things and said that he would come back tomorrow with a darker stain. My wife and I went to Home Depot and picked the colour we wanted and rented the sample and I drove to his house in Richmond Hill to show him. He said he could do that colour and luckily he had some left over from a previous job. We thought all was good and left.

Well I just got a call from him telling me that he wants more money (1/3 more than the original quote) to redo the floors in the darker colour. He is telling me that he needs to resand everything and then apply the new stain. He never mentioned anything about charging more or any additional costs before. Then at 10pm I get the phone call. I think he is using that fact we need this done before the 13th to his advantage and pressuring us for more money.

So now I need a new floor guy, someone who can stain the floor and urethane it. He will need to remove the urethan from half the bedroom, but I think he can just use the darker stain over what is there now. Can someone refer someone, I'm really in a jam now. You can email me at nlee911@hotmail.com

Last edited by Spoose; 10-05-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Spoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

I will ask my uncle if he can do anything for you. But with a new guy, he will still have to im guessing sand it down and apply the darker stain. So will you be expecting to pay for all that to be done?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: