Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #46
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

^^Thank-you! I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't get this whole blanking out the plate thing. First it makes the picture look like crap. Second who really gives a shit if someone sees your plate in a picture when you're on the road, everyone sees your plate?????

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #47
ro0meo0
2nd Gear Member

good job
we got some amazing pictures
Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #48
kakashi169
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianBmW View Post
Amazing pics, i got some at home that ill post tonight when i leave the office. btw who was driving a silver e46 snapping shots from the sunroof on the hwy on the way there? i really want to see those pictures PM if you can ! THANKS again Jay
dun ahve those pics at the moment..it wasnt on the highway..it was those small roads i believe
Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #49
Young Gun
Top Gear

I really like this pic of your car Jay.... as far as sigs go

Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #50
Emsan
2nd Gear Member

I'm not too sure why people are making a fuss about a comment that was aimed to protect everyone else, maybe because no one has any experience with their or their friends cars being jacked and people are lazy to edit. I don't buy the "makes the pic look like crap" cause we all wish we didn't have to run plates.

Blanked out plates is just a precaution, it's not that people should be afraid of the people at the meet, it's not only us that see the pics, other lurkers, aka people who jack cars obviously look at forums.

Obviously we all have plates on the road and everyone sees it but forums are where groups of nice cars get together, which is where certain people go to look for stuff. Car jackers don't sit on the highway waiting for a cruise to jot down plates.

I've known enough people who have had stuff stolen, maybe not in the BMW scene since I'm new to it but Honda's, Subaru's, Low riders. They find info cause of forums and pics with plates.

If someone knows the right guy, they can find out anything about your car by your plate, and also where you live.

I didn't know this was a forum for kids who "pwn" each other based on constructive comments.
Emsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #51
TIVUEMPIRE
2nd Gear Member

Once again guys if you want me to remove any pics from the link provided please PM.

I will be posting actual pics on the forum as well. If you want me to remove any of those pics please PM.

Thank you.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #52
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsan View Post

I've known enough people who have had stuff stolen, maybe not in the BMW scene since I'm new to it but Honda's, Subaru's, Low riders. They find info cause of forums and pics with plates.

If someone knows the right guy, they can find out anything about your car by your plate, and also where you live.
yeah but they could stand at an intersection if they wanted to and write down some plates of cars they fancies and give the info to their friend with connections.

just because you know of people who got their stuff stolen doesn't link it to any forum picture post with plates showing. i know people who got stuff stolen and aren't on any forums. how did these crooks ever find their cars without forum pictures?

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #53
jlam98
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
yeah but they could stand at an intersection if they wanted to and write down some plates of cars they fancies and give the info to their friend with connections.

just because you know of people who got their stuff stolen doesn't link it to any forum picture post with plates showing. i know people who got stuff stolen and aren't on any forums. how did these crooks ever find their cars without forum pictures?
your right, but i think its just an added precaution to the people of the forums. if someone really wanted to steal my car, whether i am on the forums or not, they would probably have done it
jlam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #54
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam98 View Post
your right, but i think its just an added precaution to the people of the forums. if someone really wanted to steal my car, whether i am on the forums or not, they would probably have done it
i respect that and try to block plates when i post. just i don't think that its the cause of theft.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #55
moscowpete
2nd Gear Member

Young Gun: those are some pro looking pics. I love the scenic driving pictures.

TIVUEMPIRE: You did an excellent job as well. You took a picture of pretty much every one's car!

-Pete
Old 10-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #56
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Looks sick, I definitely missed out.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #57
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
hahaha...i agree but i got a tear in my eye from laughing when i saw your signature has a blanked out plate. mine does too but the comment just seemed funny.
LMAO! I didn't even notice that!! It's just an old habit, but if someone were to post up pics of my car with the plate clearly visible, I wouldn't bother asking them to take it down or delete them. Meh, to each their own.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 10-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #58
Emsan
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
i respect that and try to block plates when i post. just i don't think that its the cause of theft.
I know what you're saying, it may not be the sole cause of theft, but it's just another -means- to it, and it's a really convenient way to find info for a thief.

That's why it's just a pre-caution, and it was aimed as being courteous to everyone on here. My car wasn't even posted when I made that comment, I said it as respect to others in case other people didn't want their plates showing. It was just a suggestion.

I didn't know everyone was so anti-plate blocking and would cause
people to get their panties all bunched up about it.

Last edited by Emsan; 10-05-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Emsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #59
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsan View Post
I didn't know everyone was so anti-plate blocking and would cause
people to get their panties all bunched up about it.
It's actually your panties that are in a bunch, bcus no one else really cares.

If they want your shit they would get it anyways, they would have probably been at the meet checking your shit out up close.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #60
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

If any one has any pics on the silver e36 with the euro plate please send them to me i can give you my email ...
out of all the excitement i never got pics of my car other then at dave & busters. some on the nice twisty roads would be nice i will be posting pics later tonight after work got some good ones!!!
Woodbronks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: