Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
MPRESION
5th Gear Member

Which MaxBimmer members won at The First Episode?

I didn't see any posts, just curious.
MPRESION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 12:59 PM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Best BMW (Judge's choice)

Jeremy Canning

-------------------

Z Class

1st - M-ATTACK
2nd - Purple Dinan M Roadster

-------------------

E46

1st - Ack
2nd - Bliss

--------------------

E36 Wild

1st - Gurl BMW
2nd - Shaz

-------------------

E36 Mild

1st - Tito@Evolution
2nd - JJ
3rd -Tobimmer

-------------------

E30 Wild

1st - blue Teamworx (E36 facelift)
2nd - Jeremy Canning
3rd - ROB89M3

-------------------

E30 Mild

1st - Burnhard22
2nd - Carlos
3rd - Eurosport

-------------------

BMW other (I think)

1st - Usic
2nd - Gamite
3rd - Blue Dinan E39 M5

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 09-03-2002 at 01:35 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:28 PM   #3
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

winners 1st episode

I took the older Euro 1st place but dunno if considered part of maxbimmer clan but willing to learn..lol
Burnhard22
..aka Ben
burnhard22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

As the head judge for The First Episode, I'd like to thank all the competitors for coming out to the show... without you there would be nothing. I know some of you don't agree with the final results but there is a good explaination for it. As a car show competitor myself, I tried my best to make this one as unbiased and fair as possible. During the show I used a score sheet (exclusive to Euros) to mark all the cars. Points were awarded for cleanliness, presentation, and ideas.... BUT, majority of the points were awarded to the amount of custom work and "bolt ons" the car had - stereo systems included. Only so many points could be accumulated by a clean, relatively stock car while other (maybe dirtier) cars did accel with larger wheels and non-factory stereos. If I did infact "rig" the results, than Jeremy would have won best E30 wild.... but after the points were added up, Teamworx came out on top - simple as that. I'm sorry to disappoint maX members Bimmersport, Richie Rich and others that didn't get what they had hoped for (especially Bill Melbourne) but I honestly tried to keep it neutral.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:59 PM   #5
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

I guess cars with overspray paintjobs are award winners ??

Where is the category for refinement ?

Charlie's car was one of the most refined/cleanest/rarest cars there,barr none.....
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 04:05 PM   #6
Ack
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
As the head judge for The First Episode, I'd like to thank all the competitors for coming out to the show... without you there would be nothing. I know some of you don't agree with the final results but there is a good explaination for it. As a car show competitor myself, I tried my best to make this one as unbiased and fair as possible. During the show I used a score sheet (exclusive to Euros) to mark all the cars. Points were awarded for cleanliness, presentation, and ideas.... BUT, majority of the points were awarded to the amount of custom work and "bolt ons" the car had - stereo systems included. Only so many points could be accumulated by a clean, relatively stock car while other (maybe dirtier) cars did accel with larger wheels and non-factory stereos. If I did infact "rig" the results, than Jeremy would have won best E30 wild.... but after the points were added up, Teamworx came out on top - simple as that. I'm sorry to disappoint maX members Bimmersport, Richie Rich and others that didn't get what they had hoped for (especially Bill Melbourne) but I honestly tried to keep it neutral.
Randy -

It was a great show, hopefully next year there will be more cars and spectators.

I personally did not like the Hamann M Roadster, but the results were objective, not subjective. This is how a show should be run.

Just my $0.02.

So when is the next show (besides Import Fest)?
Ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 04:07 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

ack..the next show that will be worth comming from NY wud be import fest...but its up 2 u...check out all the import sites..they got a list of shows...

Streetracing.org is a good site

ps..thats the sickest sig i ever saw...did u make it? and how come no1 seems to like the m coupe?? i seem to like it! except some spots here and there with the paint...the lights cud be a lil different...but its unique..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 09-03-2002 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:25 PM   #8
Ack
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
ack..the next show that will be worth comming from NY wud be import fest...but its up 2 u...check out all the import sites..they got a list of shows...

Streetracing.org is a good site

ps..thats the sickest sig i ever saw...did u make it? and how come no1 seems to like the m coupe?? i seem to like it! except some spots here and there with the paint...the lights cud be a lil different...but its unique..
Thanks for the info!

The sig was made by a friend. I gave him a bunch of pics and he put it together for me. I have virtually no Pshop skills.

The ///M coupe was a little over the top for me. I like BMW's that aren't too heavily modded. I think the racing stripe and the silver body panels put it over the edge for me.
Ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #9
EMPOWERD

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
I guess cars with overspray paintjobs are award winners ??

Where is the category for refinement ?

Charlie's car was one of the most refined/cleanest/rarest cars there,barr none.....
Rob,

I figured you'd open your ignorant trap again. Overspray paint jobs will win if they have the right critera in other areas.

example:
If one of your relatives pulled up to a show in a brand new Murciélago that has a mint-ass paint job and not a spec of dust on it, he'll still loose because his ignorant punk-ass little grandson's newphew's cousin has more custom work on his 13 year old poseur M3 (even if it has a cheezy gay-ass DEKRA sticker on the door). Comprende?

....and don't tell me what Charlie's car has... I know that car better than you know your own.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 09-03-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

ok..

Now explain the reasoning behind "Judges choice" for best BMW.

Everyone would think that the M-Roadster would've won......or even the M-Coupe or even ACK's e46......

Yes Jeremy had a ton of aftermarket "bolt-ons" and yes it had
what some would say "a ricer wing" (no offence Jeremy) ,and most of all he spent a ton of $$$ on the car,AND it is 13 years old BUT.....don't you think that the M-Roadster was on a different level?

99% OF THE PEOPLE DID.

Last edited by ROB89M3; 09-03-2002 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:56 PM   #11
EMPOWERD

99% of people think chrome wheels are pretty and a stock paint job with fancy ropes around the car make it remarkable.... why? It's not people's choice... it's what the judge thinks and that's the final decision. If Bill, Charlie and Rich want to compete in a clean-car competiton, then join up in a concours and see what the judges with white gloves can find under their fenders. This was a Sport Compact car show... not a Pebble Beach Concours d'elegance. I hope they understand.

I'm surprised you're even bringing this up considering you won an award for a car you didn't even build! I gave you full points on "creativity" for wheels.... should I have?

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 09-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #12
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
hey randy did u even judge that pos truck that was there? It was beside that hacked up vw golf(?) with the airbag setup

that was across from durangoed (that truck did not lay for SHIET), but the remote bag set up impressed me...

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:14 PM   #13
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
ok..

Now explain the reasoning behind "Judges choice" for best BMW.

Everyone would think that the M-Roadster would've won......or even the M-Coupe or even ACK's e46......

Yes Jeremy had a ton of aftermarket "bolt-ons" and yes it had
what some would say "a ricer wing" (no offence Jeremy) ,and most of all he spent a ton of $$$ on the car,AND it is 13 years old BUT.....don't you think that the M-Roadster was on a different level?

99% OF THE PEOPLE DID.

yea i was the 1% that didnt...i love his car..but it aint import show quality...i was tellin the guys from max..and no offense...if Maxbimmer competed against say Versatile Racing Development...versatile wud obviously win cuz of the amount of mods their cars have! jus 2 of them alone wud take any of our cars..except maybe empowerd cuz of the work it has done to it...thats jus how its rated....

charlie..few more exterior mods and the system...u'll be killer at the shows! cant wait to see the final product.

Old 09-03-2002, 05:55 PM   #14
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
the only thing i don't like is always the same cars are winning and are at the shows. even though they look good or not too bad, but comeeeee onnn every single car show u see the same cars around.

but at least this time i saw some new ones around and actually some of them won.
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:21 PM   #15
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover

yea i was the 1% that didnt...i love his car..but it aint import show quality...
So are you saying that the m-roadster was too good for the show? Import show quality? You mean rice-quality? Outrageous *junk* bodykits and crappy reupolstered leather ?

Also,the guy who had the limegreen Golf didn't even have a headliner on the car and won for best MK2 ??

All you need to *win big* at these shows are

-bodykit
-"creative wheels"
-cheap lookin interiors
-Amazing stereo installs
-Overspray paintjobs (with glitter in the paint)
-Overized rear wings...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: