Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-13-2003, 11:39 PM   #16
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Sucks to be you guys. $350, annually.
Your doin' great........awesome!

Well your really old Pat so that explains the cheap insurance! LOL! J/K!
Old 03-13-2003, 11:43 PM   #17
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
me and sickfinga are both with the same StateFarm agent. it's on erin mills right of the QEW. since we had this couple oftimes. i know he has full coverage and pays $300 monthly.

i have two cars insured with them. 91 passat one way coverage on my name $169. my 328 full coverage under my old mans name $116 a month

905-822-2630 and ask for ROBIN (it's a woman) don't talk to anyone else there, or you'll get screwed
mind if i call her up?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 12:04 AM   #18
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

wow, i think i will switch to StateFarm. I am 20 as a second driver, on a 97 328 4 door, paying $5200 a year. They said an estimate $10 000 to $14 000 a year if i was a primary driver. Thats with only one ticket for unnessessry noise.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #19
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I'm 24 got the crappiest of the crap, last year was the worse, $7500, a year with just liability, covers nothing but the other driver, no insurence company would take me so my insurence right now is looked after by the goverment, full coverage was like somewhere between $15,000 - 20,000, couldn't afford that, my record is very thick, close to 20 speeding tickets (should have been more but I got away half a dozen times), lost my licence twice last year, whatever you do, don't drive like me.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:26 AM   #20
SickFinga

Pat, I hate you!!!!!!!!!! I wish I just could pay $350.
DAMN YOU!!!!!

tiestoE36, what exhaust do you have??? BTW insurance doesn';t count those tickets
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:37 AM   #21
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
INSURANCE REFUSES TO COVER ME NOW

20 years old. G license. careless driving ticket, stop sign ticket...lost 8 demerit points in total..

i need help big time..if i don't get insurance i have to sell my car ... HELP ME

kal

p.s. i was payin 250 / month..insurance is goin to be cancelled mar. 22 / 03
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:39 AM   #22
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

tiesto: you're paying A LOT man ...
Old 03-14-2003, 01:52 AM   #23
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
hey Kal, you just have to do what I'm doing, go with the goverment policy, go ask ING insurance, they do all the paper work, they charge me an arm & a leg, but if you want to drive I guess that's what you have to do.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:54 AM   #24
Harry
4th Gear Member

$2400 A YEAR, $200 per month. 2 speeding tickets. no accidents in 6 years. 23 years of age. insured as pirmary since 17.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 02:03 AM   #25
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Quote:
Originally posted by Quack
hey Kal, you just have to do what I'm doing, go with the goverment policy, go ask ING insurance, they do all the paper work, they charge me an arm & a leg, but if you want to drive I guess that's what you have to do.
they will still cover me but for a ridiculous amount... as third party, the lowest quote i got was 400/month. I can't afford this at all
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 02:06 AM   #26
Harry
4th Gear Member

Gotta love insurance. Everyones rates are going up huge.. nothing u can do about it. Statefarm is not accepting new customers and are looking aggresively to drop current ones. Anything more than 2 speeding tickets and u are considered a facility driver, whihc means high rates.

By law, someone needs to offer u insurance.

For all u heavy offenders, check Halifax ING Facility, they will insure you, i have yet to see them turn anyone down.. except maybe Quack.

It may not be cheap, but if u cant get anything, then u will have to deal with it.

The majority of insurance companies and not accepting new business at the moment, due to the high number of claims in the last few years, automotive wise, and the equity of thier companies on the stock market. The low equity means that they do not have the funds to cover themselves and the government is therefore telling them to drop business.

As an example, Royal Sunalliance has been told to drop $110 million in business insurance, no options. The market is being flooded with business from companies that dont want automotive insurance, and there is not place for it to go. We are all screwed.

Cheers/
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 02:09 AM   #27
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Damn, I think mine is $3000-4000 I cant remember though, and thats with an accident too.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:53 AM   #28
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

sickfinga

it wasnt for exahaust, it was for doing a burn out in front of a cop, that i didnt know was there.

and i know i am an idiot, please dont mention it.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:57 AM   #29
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

on top of my out ragous rates, insurance just cancel my whole family, like 5 cars, b/c I rolled my car. BUT it wasnt my fault, it was listed as a hit and run. to the other driver of course.

plus i have 3 pending tickets, which they dont know about. Its going to be fun tring to find a new company.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:45 AM   #30
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I pay $50 per month!

....well, in the winter months anyway when it's not insured for road use.

I still have no idea how much my policy is per month (with collision), I guess I'll find out next month. I'm the secondary driver though (no way I'm going to put myself in primary).

Although every quote I get with the 3 cars we use and the 3 drivers, my truck (in my name, book value of like $500) costs more to insure then either of the two BMW's. The disadvantage of being a 22 year old male (clean record too)
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: