Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-31-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

New Girl looking for more Hp.... Any Advice???

I am interested in finding out in ways to increase my Hp without losing my warranty or breaking my bank. My father told me to install a cold intake kit or a tuner kit.... Anyone have any experience with the turbo tuner? I live in Ontario if that makes a difference.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
black bnr32
3rd Gear Member

search the web for a software tune

i'm guessing you can pick up 50hp for ~1k or less

might lose the warranty, although most mods will

wanna date?!?!?
black bnr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

thanks.... looking into the turbo tuner from tunermotorsport, apparently doesn't affect anything but i'm hoping i'll hear about it from anyone reading this also...

As for dating, sorry i've given that up now... Lol. I found my second love already and it has 4 doors.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
xlash
Still learning....

sell your steptronic and get a manual. then contact vishnu for a chip upgrade.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Don't quote me o this, but I believe the only tuner chip that allows you to still retain factory warranty is Dinan.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I beleive Dan is right, there has been a lot of problems with the turbo's lately, so make wure what ever you do you don't void the warranty unless your ok with also replacing the turbos!!

i'll have to keep an eye out for this car in the east end though.
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
autodrjr
1995 325is totally stock.

Send a message via MSN to autodrjr
intake is a good way to go... cheap and easy to do plus the benifit of removal if you need to take it in for service

most chips or a remap can be seen by a scan tool and when it comes to warranty they will look hard for a reason to void it..'

just my 2 cents

fyi: my second love has 2 doors lol. i love your logic
Old 01-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #8
darin911
1st Gear Newbie

get the PROcede i put it in my car I LOVE THE EXTRA HP U GET AND TORQUE. but u need to take it out when ever u visit the deal. it WILL FOR SURE VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

http://www.p3cars.com/catalog/vishnu...er-for-335135/
darin911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
BS,

i suggest you get comfortable with the idea of voiding your warranty with a chip if you're after HP. The plus side is, most chips have modification-free installs. (That means, if something goes wrong with your car, and you have to take it in for work @ the dealer, you can take the chip out, and its as if it were never installed.)

Many chips (or rather, piggyback, since you dont reflash the ECU so much as add another computer to it), are undetectable by tech's unless they physically open your ECU housing, but its possible that they do that.

If you want something more easy to hide, that would also make the car more driveable at speed, consider ordering a custom differential with LSD and shorter gearing. The shorter gearing will give you more torque, and LSD will make you want to drift every corner you drive through. Plus its very, very unlikely a tech would notice that. They're not cheap though, last time i checked they were around 3K.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #10
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
BS,

i suggest you get comfortable with the idea of voiding your warranty with a chip if you're after HP. The plus side is, most chips have modification-free installs. (That means, if something goes wrong with your car, and you have to take it in for work @ the dealer, you can take the chip out, and its as if it were never installed.)

Many chips (or rather, piggyback, since you dont reflash the ECU so much as add another computer to it), are undetectable by tech's unless they physically open your ECU housing, but its possible that they do that.

If you want something more easy to hide, that would also make the car more driveable at speed, consider ordering a custom differential with LSD and shorter gearing. The shorter gearing will give you more torque, and LSD will make you want to drift every corner you drive through. Plus its very, very unlikely a tech would notice that. They're not cheap though, last time i checked they were around 3K.
Fantastic idea but honestly I would recommend leaving the car stock and learning to drive it if you haven't already. You want to understand what you car does before you go modding the shit out of it. If you exceed your driving ability with mods you will be in trouble. I have a 140hp 1992 318is and honestly on the track it is so much fun I wasn't even missing the HP this summer. Now that I under stand the car and how it handles I'm very interested in going bigger.

Good Luck

E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
rendered
6th Gear Member

Dinan is the only choice if you don't want to void your warranty. Everything else apparently voids your warranty because the scan tools BMW dealers use detects boost levels a/f, and pretty much every other sign that you upped the boost through piggyback ECU software. Then you're in trouble if you ever need warranty to cover blown turbos or worse.

My advice is a lot like e30 girls. Learn how to drive your car on the track (mosport is close to you?) because 300hp/300ft/tq is plenty of power!! The transmission will always be holding you back as well, I don't think they have any tranny software available to speed up shifting... I suggest drivng for a few years until you're comfortable with a manual transmission. I could be wrong though, you look fairly old and mature so maybe you already have many years of driving manual car experience under your belt?!

Then when your warranty expires in a few years and if you decide to keep your car, we'll recommend the best ECU upgrade/intake/downpipes/intercooler/exhaust and you'll have at least 400hp+ by then. Or maybe you'll upgrade to a real car by then, 6spd manual M3? j/k

P.S. You're cute
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
pawcio
6th Gear Member

the dinan ecu upgrade depending on whether its a stage I or II costs between ~1.6/2.2K i think. and the warranty definitely remains valid.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
Fantastic idea but honestly I would recommend leaving the car stock and learning to drive it if you haven't already.
+1 on the driver mods.

Get some track time and autox in. No point in having all that power if you don't know how to use it.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

Before power upgrades, I'd vote you throw some Pilot sport ps2s/r comps or something similar on there than you can have some real fun!

And from what I've been told, installing a non stock chip or reflashing the ecu triggers a hidden code or something that, even if you were to reinstall the stock chip/software for service/warranty purposes, the technician will see it when he scans your car thus voiding the warranty
Dissembler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSignora View Post

As for dating, sorry i've given that up now... Lol. I found my second love already and it has 4 doors.
Four doors for more whores?

Classy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: