Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Best baby wagon
VW Passat 4Motion Wagon 2 9.09%
Subaru Outback 2 9.09%
Subaru Wrx Wagon 5 22.73%
Subaru Forester 1 4.55%
Hyundai Santa Fe 1 4.55%
Toyota Rav4 3 13.64%
Honda CRV 4 18.18%
Other 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #16
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
IMO, you have a tough task on your hands. One that I had a couple of years ago. I have twin daughters and had bought a mini van when they were born but as they got older, I didn't need all of the space so we wanted a sporty wagon. We ended up with a Jetta 1.8t wagon. Nice car to drive and live with but let me tell you, that they are twice the cost to run of bimmers and no where near as durable. Passat is equal in this case. So, my 2 cents, stay away from vw if you want reliable affordable transport.

I'm kicking myself for buying this car. My wifes' work car is a rav4, and although these things are bullet proof, hers has 335000km on the odo all original manual tranny, it is very, very small and the hatch is not, its a door that opens the wrong way. Cargo is very small and she's not a big fan of the lack of space, our Jetta wagon dwarfs it in usable space, both back seat and cargo.

I know I'm not offering any suggestions here, but I know what you SHOULDN'T get. LOL.

What I would really like to replace the Jetta, and I would also recommend it for you is a e39 touring, either 528it with 5 speed, definitely available, or 540it with 5 speed swap, now affordable to get done. A good set of snows are always better than awd in the winter and you're set.
... Right, for a reliable Baby Wagon, stay away from the VW and LR brands. They are at the bottom of the list in that regard.

A Subaru Wagon might be a good choice
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: