Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
W2WDETAILING
Banned

all terrain forklift + heavy load on steep bank= megafail

i think i could literally make a whole serise of allterrainforklift fail's. last week this day the machine clipped Hydro lines. http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124784

TODAY. the operator was lifting a very heavy form while he was perched on a steep bank... his outriggers were not down and he had his boom 3/4 extended he lifted the form and boom rolled the machine over.... the whole site shook. everyone ran to see if the operator was ok. all the windows on the cab of the machine were smashed the cab was bent out of shape and the door was mangled. the operator crawled out un harmed. he was very lucky. the forks smashed thru the section of slab that wasnt poured the bundles of steel were bent to shit and the placed steel was also bent to shit. it was a very lucky day on site. the rental company brought in a mobile crane to lift the vehicle also the form he was trying to move is right in front of the machine in the last pic

Last edited by W2WDETAILING; 09-15-2009 at 06:39 PM.
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
that's what happens when daddy gets you a job at a construction site...
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
W2WDETAILING
Banned

actually no the operator is in his mid 40's
Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

I don't know if that's your buddy or whatnot, but what a damn fool. Another page in the "What-the-****-did-you-think-was-gonna-happen" file.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
I don't know if that's your buddy or whatnot, but what a damn fool. Another page in the "What-the-****-did-you-think-was-gonna-happen" file.
he's not a "buddy" but i do talk to him often. everybody knows he is a fool but were all glad no one was injured. 2 ppl were apparently beside the machine they ran out of the way it could of been really bad. also he works for the company that has contracted the company i work for.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

all I'm sayin' is that someone who would take a chance like that (probably too lazy to use the outriggers or move the machine to a better spot) shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that type of machinery. Like you said, thank God nobody got crushed. The part about this that pisses me off, though, is that guys like this do stupid shit and end up bringing the heat of the safety inspectors to the job.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
all I'm sayin' is that someone who would take a chance like that (probably too lazy to use the outriggers or move the machine to a better spot) shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that type of machinery. Like you said, thank God nobody got crushed. The part about this that pisses me off, though, is that guys like this do stupid shit and end up bringing the heat of the safety inspectors to the job.
yeah basically the portable shitter was in the way if he would of simply moved it to get closer all of this would of been avoided. in less then a hour they were working on extracting the machine and getting it off the property. they never called to report the incident however i know someone who called the ministry 2 times once when it happened then once again telling them they are covering up the evidence. tmrw morning they should show up and i have a feeling they are going to put a stop to the whole site.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: