Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #256
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Crap...I just realized I have no ID since they never gave me my license back...UGH

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #257
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Was talking to my neighbour, apparently they hit the roads hard up there at the end of the season, to get as many tickets as posible b4 the tourist traffic dies and they have to make quota's for the year.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #258
missraisa
1st Gear Newbie

great job, jay. nice to see that, even with all the mess, no one can say **** all cause it was an awesome cruise and a really fun day over all.
one more year of success.
missraisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #259
moscowpete
2nd Gear Member

** In my opinion the driving part was fantastic. The people that were out were all very friendly. HOWEVER, The thing that bugged me was the unbearably long wait in that fist parking lot. I didn't understand why we were stopped for so long. The parking lot stop was not mentioned on the map and neither was the 1 1/2 long (pee break). I saw people leaving half way throughout the stop because they were tired of waiting.

Otherwise the were OPP's were just added excitement in my opinion. The chopper was definitely an added adrenaline.

It was very nice to meet a lot of you and I will post up some videos and some pics soon. (for some videos I'll try and contact the car owners that were in front of me. I wouldn't want to post something which is .. well good driving. haha)

AND I AM STILL WONDERING ON WHO IS THE UNMARKED SPY ON THIS FORUM. IT'S PRETTY EVIDENT THAT THE COPS HAD A ROUTE MAP ON THEIR HANDS. Watch out people.

-Pete
Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #260
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam98 View Post
hey man, i was right beside you when that rock fell on your hood. idiotic kids. is your car ok?
Stupid kids. It could have been a lot worse. Too bad you couldn't pull over, run up the hill and give that kid a thrashing.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #261
Emsan
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
did anyone else get a moving violation other than me?
I got stopped just for driving a BMW, no ticket either, just hassling.

edit, never realized you got a ticket for doing 118. I'm sure you can fight that.
Emsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #262
jlam98
1st Gear Newbie

so did anyone find us on the news? haha
jlam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #263
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowpete View Post
** In my opinion the driving part was fantastic. The people that were out were all very friendly. HOWEVER, The thing that bugged me was the unbearably long wait in that fist parking lot. I didn't understand why we were stopped for so long. The parking lot stop was not mentioned on the map and neither was the 1 1/2 long (pee break). I saw people leaving half way throughout the stop because they were tired of waiting.

Otherwise the were OPP's were just added excitement in my opinion. The chopper was definitely an added adrenaline.

It was very nice to meet a lot of you and I will post up some videos and some pics soon. (for some videos I'll try and contact the car owners that were in front of me. I wouldn't want to post something which is .. well good driving. haha)

AND I AM STILL WONDERING ON WHO IS THE UNMARKED SPY ON THIS FORUM. IT'S PRETTY EVIDENT THAT THE COPS HAD A ROUTE MAP ON THEIR HANDS. Watch out people.

-Pete
The stop in Bala was never mentioned on the map because, frankly, I wasn't planning on stopping if it was raining. It was then extended because the food took incredibly long to process, as the grill place was short staffed. There were guys eating burgers in less than a minute right at the end just so we could get going, so I hope no one feels as if we were just enjoying ourselves sitting around. Although those who did get more social had a lot of fun chatting.

And relax, there is no "unmarked spy" (is there a such thing as a marked spy?). It's most likely that the paper was passed over to the OPP during one of the early stops, I doubt they'd put the effort into having someone grab a route map all the way in Woodbridge just to get a few worthless tickets 150km away. This is the first time that's ever happened, and I hope it doesn't again.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #264
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

Talking

First of all.
Jay, hats off to you, man. Amazing Cruse, Thank you.
Second
There was a guy in the 7 series with the engine colling problem. What ever happened to him?????

Quote:

-Pete
Third
Good, old KGB mentality. It was a rat, spy, a fu*king cockroach poising our noble lines of the BMW Empire.(Thick Russian accent) But having the eye in the sky obviously has nothing to do with that.

Last edited by uzi577; 10-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.
uzi577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #265
kakashi169
2nd Gear Member

on my way back i got lucky...i triggered alot of cops but i turned off my lights and hide myself behind slower cars...hahaa
Old 10-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #266
jlam98
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi577 View Post
First of all.
Jay, heats off to you, man. Amazing Cruse, Thank you.
Second
There was a guy in the 7 series with the engine colling problem. What ever happened to him?????

Third
Good, old KGB mentality. It was a rat, spy, a fu*king cockroach poising our noble lines of the BMW Empire.(Thick Russian accent) But having the eye in the sky obviously has nothing to do with that.

some super mechanic dude in an e36 ended up fixing the coolant problem in the guy's 7 series. it was all good in the end
jlam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #267
740-iLL
Founder of GTA7's

Yeah, I was the 7 with the cooling issues. Big thanks to Scott in the red E30 for his time and effort. One of the cooling hoses spliced open from the end. He lossened the clamp, pulled the hose up and added a new clamp, which he obviously carries with him because of owning an E30 ;-)

Also big thanks to Junzie B for hooking me up with coolant when I needed it!

Gotta love this community!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #268
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

^No prob man, anytime.

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #269
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
It was then extended because the food took incredibly long to process, as the grill place was short staffed. There were guys eating burgers in less than a minute right at the end just so we could get going, so I hope no one feels as if we were just enjoying ourselves sitting around. Although those who did get more social had a lot of fun chatting.
The wait time was ridiculous at the burger joint, it was like 30 to 40 mins for your order.

I bet after getting such a rush and working so hard for those two hours the lady could close up shop for the rest of the day.

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #270
Fern3
formerly e36.M52B25

Quote:
did anyone else get a moving violation other than me?
yep, 83 in a 50 zone.

| M54B30/6MT Swap | KW V2 Coilovers |3.46 Diff |
|Genuine 19x8.5/9.5 Style 172M Wheels|
Fern3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: