Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
still wants a turbo...
saw something in the sky last night..

Last night, September 9th, 2009 bewtween 9 and 10pm we were unloading my friends thunder car at the engine builders in Port Perry.

After unloading we sat around the parking lot had a few beers and a few smokes. Someone noticed something moving in the sky, which was definately not a plane, (because there was already one in sight )

This "object" shone just like a star, and moved faster than a plane. The object came right across the sky,with what looked like a tail of something behind it . It did not blink or have any other lights, just bright like a star.

following behind it in what looked like the same path was another object, travelling the same speed headed towards across the sky in the same direction.

The first star made it way towards the big dipper and then faded into the sky and wasnt seen again, still following in its footsteps, the other object did the same, i made sure to relocate myself where i would see it at all times and just as it neared the big dipper it faded away until it was gone.

In total we could probally visibly see the objects for a minute or two as they spanned silently across the sky, which had not a single cloud.

I know this all sounds like bullshit, but there were about 8 of us who saw it, so when i woke up this morning i did a little research on the net and found a link.. i guess i wasnt the only one who'd seen it.

sorry for wasting your time.

e24 635csi -e28 528e/m30b34 - e28 M5 - e34 M5 - e46 330xi M
e24_635csi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Not Banned
Was it a perfectly straight line?

Could have been a pair of satelites moving in tandem...

OR ALIENS!?!?!!!!11!!
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
6th Gear Member
Yes, what you saw was the space shuttle and the international space station. They've been visible together for the last couple of nights since the shuttle disconnected from the ISS. I watched them on Tuesday.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
still wants a turbo...
just when i thought i unveiled some new extraterrestrial life.. nope. a space station.

thanks for the info. i woulda kept ranting about my alien sighting for a while.

/ ufo fail.

e24 635csi -e28 528e/m30b34 - e28 M5 - e34 M5 - e46 330xi M
e24_635csi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
dont worry in our life time you will have the ranting rights bc we will be visited by ET's
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
on the roam
Ya it's the coolest thing... just before or after the space shuttle docks with the space station, you can see one trailing behind the other. Both are incredibly bright! Neighbours must think I am wierd standing on my driveway staring up at the sky 2 or 3 times a week.

Depending on the flight path you could have almost 2 full minutes of view horizon to horizon, and grab your binoculars you can sometimes make out the faint details of the space station if fully illuminated.
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
op sucks cock
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
could also be something called an iridum flare (sun bouncing off iridium communications constellation satelite. They're low, so this happens somewhat often)
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here:

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
haha thats a cool sighting
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: