Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
towlie
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't recommend buying from Bimmian

So I have had it with bimmian. I read some reviews on here, everyone says to pick up direct. I had ordered CSL's from them in the past and despite being a month late, it was a great price and I ended up saving $300 by buying from them. I had also bought grills for my 04 325ci and a keyhole delete. So when I got my M3 I decided to get some exterior upgrades from them. I went to pick up a painted grill, painted reflectors, and LED tails only to find they gave me convertible lights. I returned to Oshawa and exchanged them and picked up some smoked corners. While I was there I had asked if they had given me the correct corners since the box said 99-01 and I had told them more than twice that I drove an 02 M3. They assured me it was ok and didn't seem interested in what I had to say. I left and upon arriving home, the clip in corners did not fit. I called and told them there was nothing for the lights to clip on to, they told me that I might be doing something wrong and to send them pics. I sent them pics and got no reply. I assure you, there is absolutely nothing for the corners to clip on to in my car, and I confirmed this by checking eBay for corners for my 02 M3 all of which are screw in style. I didn't recieve an email back, so I decided to ask for a refund 2 days ago. However you have to go through the website to get a return, since I picked up the item I sent them an email. Its only been a couple days, but no response has been given.

I have washed my hands with this company and decided to take my business elsewhere. Most of their prices are high compared to U.S vendors, but I would have preferred to keep the money within Canada. The sales staff did not seem apologetic or appreciative of my business or the time it took me to drive out to Oshawa to return these items. I may not be a huge customer, but having spent about $2000 on their products I feel that I have given them a fair chance.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
dbworld4k
Addict

Khoalty FTW!

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
XtasyX
2nd Gear Member

Have to agree. Never dealing with them again.

I ordered a pair of smoked corners in May and didn't hear from them for 2 months so I emailed Ian to check. I was told they don't carry them anymore. I ordered something else and went to Oshawa to pick up, while there, i asked the sales associate if they have the corners and they said they had them. When I asked if I can have a pair at the price I was promised by email, they told me they are actually out of stock.

Two weeks ago I asked for shadowline trim vinyl and was told to call in before picking up. So i called and they said they had it instock, but when I got there, they said they don't have any. Was promised that they would get back to me the next day and would do something about shipping it to me instead of having me drive all the way there again. Never heard from them. Last time i deal with them.
XtasyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Fel
Not Banned

Love these cut and run vendors.... I've been dealing with a similar situation with someone else (I may post about it once it's resolved...)

Where the hell is the integrity? If you screw people over and over it's only a matter of time before word gets around and your business fails. Customer service is key, yet so many people forget this and try to cover their tracks with silence. Really pisses me off....
Old 09-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Was thinking about ordering DEPO clears all around for my car from them, but this recent post turns me off. I wanted to order from them because i didn't want to pay the extra duties/taxes which are required when ordering from an American vendor. Anyone know other Canadian vendors to order from besides Bimmian than? Or a local store?
drivetolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
towlie
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to update the situation:

After trying to use their email system for returns and getting no results I got fed up and called the company. I dealt with Steve who was actually apologetic and understanding of the long commute I would have to take in order to exchange the item. Since I paid in cash I am only entitled to an exchange or store credit. After explaining why this is unacceptable to me, Steve had explained the policy and assured me that if I were to come up they would install the proper corners for me and give me a discount on my next purchase.

Although I am upset that it had to come to this, I will say that the resolution has left me somewhat satisfied. I do not complain often and it will take a lot to get me upset when dealing with companies, however I also appreciate that they are trying to resolve the situation as best as possible. The prices they offer are decent(when factoring in brokerage and shipping) and it is tough to stay competitive in such a small market. I have decided to give this another chance and I will update this thread once the exchange has been made.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: