Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Arrow Police forcibly catheterize DUI suspect after he passes Breathalyzer!?

-

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fa7_1252073946

wow thats super awesome, its like sexual assault with Torture thrown in

*meanwhile..
new chief of SanFran wants Amnesty for cops - even for DUI
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0PmXOMYP0

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 09-05-2009 at 05:42 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
2K6E60
5th Gear Member

I dont know about forcably catherizing someone, but hate to break it to yah, police can and do still detain you if they feel the breathalizer is not sufficient.

Infact I know for fact that once a cop pulls you over here in Ontario they have to take you to an actual facility to test you properly for blood/alcohol levels. Even if you blow over on there roadside system, they still run you thru a second proper one to ensure you are over the limit.

Kris
Old 09-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
bmdbley'sBro

yes Canada wide they can now demand blood, urine or saliva if they suspect you are under the influence. if you refuse it is a criminal offence & you'll get charged, whether that still works out to less $/time then a dui conviction I wouldn't know? a dui lawyer would. iirc they said they had a warrant... So yeah this could happen here too i guess.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
Blades
Your opinion is to long

It can also work in your favor (at least before it could have). Lets say you just finished your beer (maybe downed the last 1/4 of a pint) and a cop follows you out of the parking lot and gives you a breathalyzer. Must likely you will blow over because of the alcohol in your breath and throat but not truly in your system. In this case you can ask for a blood test which they should give you one if you asked for it. The part I dont know is if you should deny the breathalyzer and go right for the blood test or not.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

theres a simple solution
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!! A cab will always be WAY cheaper with no headaches in comparison to Court and Lawyer fees.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR! View Post
theres a simple solution
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!! A cab will always be WAY cheaper with no headaches in comparison to Court and Lawyer fees.
Smartest comment so far.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
theres a simple solution
wow that makes sense (not) unless you mean we all stop driving anywhere at all & just take taxi's for the rest of our lives? sounds like an expensive paranoid solution to the problem of power tripping, abusive cops

the report doesn't even say if he was in fact dui or even charged, just that the cops suspected & got a warrant. they don't even state if it was a med-tech that took the blood or a cop? hope it wasn't a cop, cops aren't phlebologists & that would be another lawsuit!

so anywys when he couldn't pee they held him down & rammed a Tube up his PENIS.
try to imagine how this may have felt...

then ask yourself if they couldn't get all the same info they needed from blood & saliva.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
chromius
6th Gear Member

That would seriously suck, but I would reserve comment until I hear both sides of the story.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #9
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
wow that makes sense (not) unless you mean we all stop driving anywhere at all & just take taxi's for the rest of our lives? sounds like an expensive paranoid solution to the problem of power tripping, abusive cops

the report doesn't even say if he was in fact dui or even charged, just that the cops suspected & got a warrant. they don't even state if it was a med-tech that took the blood or a cop? hope it wasn't a cop, cops aren't phlebologists & that would be another lawsuit!

so anywys when he couldn't pee they held him down & rammed a Tube up his PENIS.
try to imagine how this may have felt...

then ask yourself if they couldn't get all the same info they needed from blood & saliva.
My comment was directly to drinking and driving. Not being suspected AT ALL is one thing but being suspected and blowing under the legal limit and blowing CLEAN are different as well.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
My comment was directly to drinking and driving. Not being suspected AT ALL is one thing but being suspected and blowing under the legal limit and blowing CLEAN are different as well.
in that you mean: if stopped out on the road initially for say poor driving as oppossed to a RoadBlock, u might ponder 'is he on something' if he blows clean?? only way that makes sense to me!! and what would be the probable cause for getting a guy to blow if you couldn't smell booze, cause he's 'clean'?

but my Q still stands (regardless of reasoning): couldn't they get all the info they needed from blood & saliva?

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 09-14-2009 at 11:28 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: