Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #76
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly
 
careless7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 761


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
You just did, with both of your posts, that one and the original.
.
Ummm no, I am pointing out the irony that the former Attorney General was the chump who created laws with power of seizure before you see your day in court. Thousands in towing, storage and alternate transportation before you are proven guilty...funny how he is a victim if it.

Now being challenged as unconstitutional (conveniently a week later)

As for the video...it is self-explanatory.
__________________
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #77
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
Ummm no, I am pointing out the irony that the former Attorney General was the chump who created laws with power of seizure before you see your day in court.
The title of your thread says "prick kills cyclist in hit and run!". That would have been irony if it was known to be true. But for now, that's just you and many others drawing conclusions based on your hate for the guy.
__________________
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #78
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
Ya D who on earth would presume guilty until proven innocent? Ahem 50 over, ahem Pitbulls, ahem Stunting...ahem everything else this assclown "stood-up" for.

Looks like a slam dunk case for the cops to me. Video says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZXTQrPnF4&NR=1


Bryant threatened the cyclist with his car using gas / brake twice. Then decided to run cyclist over and drag him, back up and try to get away like a pussy bitch, cyclist gets up and tries to confront Bryant who tried to kill him. Cyclist grabs on to moving car at which point Bryant crosses into oncoming lanes in an attempt to injure or kill cyclist by causing him to hit solid objects at speed. Bryant succeeds.

Have fun with all your fans in jail douche.


EDIT: Apparently the passenger fled the scene too, I guess his wife (or mistress) wasn't sticking around either LOL.
+1

wow the video doesn't leave much defense & im sure theres other camera angles too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFISP...150&feature=iv
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #79
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly
 
careless7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
The title of your thread says "prick kills cyclist in hit and run!". That would have been irony if it was known to be true. But for now, that's just you and many others drawing conclusions based on your hate for the guy.
True I do hate him so I can voice my opinion by calling him a "prick." Since I make my living in the world of aftermarket performance his actions have cut into my revenue, my hobby and my passion. The fact that he likened modified cars to "bombs" and speed shops to "terrorist bomb making facilities" begs the question D...is it the car or how you use it? Again with the irony.

True he did "hit and run" (leave the scene) according to video and eye witness accounts and every media report.

And if Bryant didn't kill the cyclist, I'd like to hear your version based on the evidence leaked.
__________________
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #80
rendered
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,746
Isn't this guy wealthy? Whats he doing driving around in that old Saab?

Sorry to stray off topic.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #81
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
True I do hate him so I can voice my opinion by calling him a "prick." Since I make my living in the world of aftermarket performance his actions have cut into my revenue, my hobby and my passion. The fact that he likened modified cars to "bombs" and speed shops to "terrorist bomb making facilities" begs the question D...is it the car or how you use it? Again with the irony.

True he did "hit and run" (leave the scene) according to video and eye witness accounts and every media report.

And if Bryant didn't kill the cyclist, I'd like to hear your version based on the evidence leaked.
You forgot to account for the word "killed". In my world, we leave that up to the judge/jury to decide. You've already made up your mind. That's not pointing out irony, that's just hate.

And again, "my version" is I'll reserve judgment until the case is over with. Attitudes like yours are the reason for why a lot of people are coming out of prison today thanks to genetic evidence, with deep apologies for convictions of crimes from decades ago. Hating someone should not be enough to put them in prison.

Anyway, enough jacking off a dead horse, I don't feel like retelling the same thing in any more ways than I already have.
__________________
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #82
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly
 
careless7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 761
LOL it always ends up being the BigD vs. Careless7 show.

I can use the word "killed" because a cyclist is dead the question now for the due process in the judicial system is WAS IT INTENTIONAL OR WAS IT AN ACCIDENT?

His actions still "killed" the cyclist and he has been charged and will have his day in court. The prosecutors are going to make the same accusations asking whether he intentionally "killed" him too.

If I said "murdered" you might have something....until then I'll end it by asking mods to add "allegedly, suspected, accused and supposed" to the title just for you.
__________________
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #83
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
well there is a differences.

When you say M. B. PRICK KILLS CYCLIST that pretty much, more or less states he intentionally killed him. Youve already ascociated guilt to the guy. You can argue this point all you want, but when you see a title like that, you presume he is guilty before even reading the details, why else would you call him a prick in a sentence like that? Also their is a difference because killing someone is a forced act. You kill someone. That automatically means murder more or less which means youre associating guilt to the guy..

This is why the media is very careful with the wording of their titles and headlines because the difference in wording and sentence structure can create a bias.

a unbiased title would be something like:
M.B. (street racing law prick) invovled in fatal collision with cyclist.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 09-10-2009 at 02:01 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #84
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly
 
careless7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
You kill someone. That automatically means murder more or less which means youre associating guilt to the guy..

.
But why do you think there are separate degrees of murder then? In each case someone is in fact, killed. Not allegedly killed but killed. Sometimes is cold-blooded premeditated, sometimes it's acts of passion, sometimes just an accident or self-defence. Then more charges of manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, negligence causing death - all involve someone getting killed.

We are past speculation here, he has been charged on two counts since the cops have enough to do so. Bryant isn't going to deny killing the guy or being at the scene, he is going to try and prove why he did it in self defence.

Yes I am being sensationalist...but this isn't CNN. I will state my opinion that he is GUILTY on both counts based on video surveillance and eye witnesses kthxbye.
__________________

Last edited by careless7; 09-10-2009 at 03:02 PM.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #85
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Thumbs down Things are not looking good for Bryant...

Those videos will be an eyesore to Bryant's defence team.
They clearly show some serious agression on Bryant's part.
He could have avoided this confrontation, by throwing the car in reverse.
To those of you who claim "defence", from the footage or eye-witness reports, I don't see the cyclist threatning with a weapon, nor being in a position (he's on the ground) to threaten.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #86
xlash
Still learning....
 
xlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Center of the Universe
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
well there is a differences.

When you say M. B. PRICK KILLS CYCLIST that pretty much, more or less states he intentionally killed him. Youve already ascociated guilt to the guy. You can argue this point all you want, but when you see a title like that, you presume he is guilty before even reading the details, why else would you call him a prick in a sentence like that? Also their is a difference because killing someone is a forced act. You kill someone. That automatically means murder more or less which means youre associating guilt to the guy..

This is why the media is very careful with the wording of their titles and headlines because the difference in wording and sentence structure can create a bias.

a unbiased title would be something like:
M.B. (street racing law prick) invovled in fatal collision with cyclist.
I see why there could be an obvious bias but technically I see nothing wrong with the heading. MB is a prick (nobody can purge him of that compliment) who (un)intentionally killed a cyclist and then proceeded to flee the scene of crime.
__________________
Selling: Winter Tires/Wheels for E36/E30
xlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015