Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #46
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3 View Post
It's not like he was threatned with a weapon.
He was safe within the confines of his car.
If he was truly scared he could have slowly driven around the block, until surely a police car would have noticed a guy dangeling from his vehicle.
There are enough cops around Yorkville/Bloor St. that would have noticed him w/in 2 minutes time.
+ I don't see much remorse on his face for just having killed another human being.
He was threatened with a weapon.
He drives a convertable, ie, not safe within the confines of his car.

There's a lot of biased hatred going on in this thread, and in general, for this guy.... I think Blackedout95 has the best take on this...

Even at the time of the incident, no one really knew what the **** happened. The police didn't know. Now they're putting all the pieces together, but none of us know what those pieces are!! People are hating on this guy because of his previous political activities, not this incident alone...

I'm reserving any judgement on him until the facts are laid out. No one here knows shit unless they were standing on that street corner (and I'm sure none of you were), so all the hatred needs to die down a bit and people need to regain their composure. The guy may have made some things happen in the past that you don't agree with, but that has nothing to do with this case. Be smart, people.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #47
erikIS
bigcock

Cmon, the guy hasn't done shit!

He was attacked by some drunk on a bike, that obviously has issues and instigated the whole mess I bet... then he decided to latch on to a moving vehicle..

Who's ****ing fault is that? I'd be freaking out too trying to get the son of a bitch to let go, and leave me alone!!
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #48
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
What weapon ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
He drives a convertable, ie, not safe within the confines of his car.

There's a lot of biased hatred going on in this thread...
Unless someone pulls a gun/knife on you, I don't see it justified to drag the dude around the block.....at speed...into opposite traffic...mounting curbs...hitting trees...lamp posts and all...
Common sense dictates that the reaction just match the action.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #49
DriveItSideways
Banned

The bicyclist is the first person to blame, he was on a bike trying to fight with a car... for obvious reasons that is something you shouldnt do. He allegedy was grabbing Bryants steeringwheel.

Bryant is to blame for not stopping the vehicle while the guy was hanging on, he should have stopped, let the guy jump off or do whatever and then continue to call the authorities.

At the end of the day, if the biker didnt chase after that car and hang on to it, he would be here to tell his side of the story.

Both guys are in the wrong, both could have done something to avoid the situation but to blame Bryant alone is wrong.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #50
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3 View Post
Unless someone pulls a gun/knife on you, I don't see it justified to drag the dude around the block.....at speed...into opposite traffic...mounting curbs...hitting trees...lamp posts and all...
Common sense dictates that the reaction just match the action.
Are you kidding me?

If I was driving in my convertible, with my wife sitting beside me, and some guy is hanging onto my car trying to club with with a bike lock, I'd take some pretty unreasonable actions myself.

It's too easy to look at a situation after the fact and say "Well, he should have reacted like this because that would be the sensible thing to do"... that's not how the brain works in a threatening situation. It's fight or flight. It just so happend that Bryant did both.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #51
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Are you kidding me?

If I was driving in my convertible, with my wife sitting beside me, and some guy is hanging onto my car trying to club with with a bike lock, I'd take some pretty unreasonable actions myself.

It's too easy to look at a situation after the fact and say "Well, he should have reacted like this because that would be the sensible thing to do"... that's not how the brain works in a threatening situation. It's fight or flight. It just so happend that Bryant did both.

i agree 100%.

also, EVEN if the driver is AT FAULT for hitting the bike rider, he will be charged with Fleeing the scene of the crime. (I can also see how this can be played both ways too though, if you get a hit and run, it can be very difficult to catch the plate number, etc, and if youre injured, you wont have any insurance etc, or ways to claim for it as a pedestrian or a cyclist.)

In no law book does it say "if the person is trying to flee the scene of the crime, be a hero and chase him!!"

So really, if the cyclist saw him trying to drive away, and HAD witnesses, why would he HOLD on to the car? Essentially that is his fault, I fail to see now how the driver should be held responsible.

NOW if the driver hit the cyclist and the cyclist fell onto the hood of the car, then the driver tried to drive away and he flew off the hood and killed him, that would be different. But that didn't happen. The cyclist KNOWINGLY put his hand in the car to HOLD ON TO IT as the car was ALREADY moving. Then dies?

And didnt they say the cyclist had been drinking too?

Anyway its a tricky situation for both parties.

Last edited by sirex; 09-04-2009 at 01:11 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #52
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
And didnt they say the cyclist had been drinking too?
Yup. Guy was a recovering alcoholic.... drunk after 8 days of sobriety.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #53
rendered
6th Gear Member

Being a long time cyclist myself (mountain and road riding/racing) I see the negative attitude a lot of cyclists in toronto have when this is their only means of transportation around the city towards motor vehicles and their drivers. They act like they own the road when they should be sharing it with larger much heavier vehicles... that if they do run in with one, GTFO of the way, or its game over for the bike rider.

It's a long time hatred going on between cyclists on roads, vs. cars/drivers. I bet none of you have ever tried to ride a bicycle downtown during a busy time... I suggest try it out, and you'll have a new perspective on this entire situation.

Most of the cyclists in Toronto I see can barely ride a ****ing bike sober! let alone drunk.

Car vs. cyclist = who's always the winner? I lost a good friend of mine to this type of run in. He was on the gravel minding his own business riding his bike along the roadside and a women doing her makeup/driving/not paying attention swerved off the road, and hit him. It ****ing sucks, but its reality you can't trust anyone behind the wheel of a vehicle.

On another note if some crazy drunk cyclist was physically attacking me while I was cruising around in my convertible, hanging onto my steering wheel, I would stop... then persist to beat the living shit out of the guy myself with my bare hands instead of running him over... More effort but more/less a fair fight in the end. Bryant chose the easy way, and ran the guy over with his car and into every object insight. He could be let off due to self defense? I don't know.

These two individuals were both in the wrong... It's sad it happened the way it did, but its true. End Rant\
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #54
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:

I'm reserving any judgement on him until the facts are laid out. No one here knows shit unless they were standing on that street corner (and I'm sure none of you were),
weapon?? i read nothing of a weapon, unless you mean how byrant used his vehicle as a weapon to kill Darcy Allan 33, father of at least 1 child?

could you please link the newsource the weapon accusation came from?
or its just b.s (hearsay, slander, defamation & character assasination)!

Quote:

It's fight or flight. It just so happend that Bryant did both.
again can you link where these 'weapon & using a bike lock as a club' reports are coming from?

Quote:
Yup. Guy was a recovering alcoholic.... drunk after 8 days of sobriety.
again: link to source? cause I havn't read any of ur numerous claims anywhere yet?

Quote:
There was no indication a criminal offence took place," Staff Sgt. Kevin Guest.

"At least one of the parties had been drinking, but was able to take care of himself and was released from the scene."

Sheppard's ex, Misty Bailey, said Sheppard was drunk when he came to see her. She would have allowed him to stay, but police arrived on scene and sent him away.

"I would have rather him stayed,"

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...socialcomments
And this tv news clip from 'the night of', from the witnesses interviewed it looks bad for byrant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJEg...layer_embedded

just curious srsly!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #55
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Rendered, maybe he took a easy way , but not on his valet. I bet if the bike was attached to him and DraGing it for so long, the car would have to be repainted due to scratches..... On your car lets say the 6ER, the damage would have been in thousands of dollars.

Last edited by lvan; 09-04-2009 at 09:22 PM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #56
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Alot of cyclists lost there drivers lisence cuz of drunk driving....
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #57
W2WDETAILING
Banned

i heard on the radio on my way home from work this evening that he is being released from jail tmrw he cannot leave the provence and cant drive or change his occupation...wtf this legal system is if ****ing garbage i cant believe this
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #58
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
YeAH BUT i THINK they got his passport.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #59
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
blah blah
I read all of that in the news paper. Do your own research if you don't believe me, I'm not going to go back and find it for you.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #60
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
i heard on the radio on my way home from work this evening that he is being released from jail tmrw he cannot leave the provence and cant drive or change his occupation...wtf this legal system is if ****ing garbage i cant believe this
Youre right, they should have dropped the charges entirely and patted him on the back for protecting his wife and his own life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: