Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #31
344i
5th Gear Member

I sent them a letter, i hope this man gets whats coming to him.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
xlash
Still learning....

This is BS. Laws are made to punish the common folk and the poor people. How often do politicians get crucified for their wrongdoings? I am no dog lover myself but this guy was responsible for the death of many of these dogs by claiming a whole bunch of crap like they are inherently dangerous and weigh around 150lbs!!

What a load of crap. This guy has been an overconfident attention whore. Nothing wrong with that except it comes at the cost of other people's loved ones and property. The victim may have been a drunk squeegee "kid" but he hasn't done as much damage as this prick.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #33
damameke
6th Gear Member

Innocent until proven guilty.. that's the law...

All eyes are on this to see if he is getting any preferential treatment..

OJ got off paying the best lawyers for his defence and Michael Bryant surely can afford Eddie Greenspan...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #34
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post

All eyes are on this to see if he is getting any preferential treatment..

OJ got off paying the best lawyers for his defence and Michael Bryant surely can afford Eddie Greenspan...
I hope he gets taken out
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #35
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Interesting.... then what about his "Street Racing Law", which finds you guilty at the road side without a trail.

I'm all for the the 150km/h and over law, but let the people have there day in court!

If you look at the report so far...

Quote:
By 9:45 p.m., Sheppard was cycling west along the stretch of Bloor St. W. often called the Mink Mile. After passing the intersection of Bloor and Bay Sts., Sheppard collided with Bryant's black convertible Saab.

Police would later call the accident that brought the two men together a "minor collision." Sheppard appeared unhurt. He angrily slammed his bag down on the hood of Bryant's car.

According to witnesses, Bryant cut the argument short by pulling away. As he headed westbound on Bloor St., Sheppard chased the car on foot. He grabbed hold of the vehicle on the driver's side. It's not clear if he was trying to get into the car, get at the driver or merely prevent him from leaving.
.... seems to be a hit and run situation in the making. Bryant should have called 911 at first location instead of driving off.

Bryant could have easily hit the Cyclist first.
Calling the police usually calms the situation down in the first place.

If you were struck my someone, and he started to drive off, I would have chased him down too.

Unfortunately, the media will drag the Victim's name (Sheppard) through the dirt and Bryant will get off either way.

The video's will tell the true story.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #36
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

what is it with politicians in general? I mean you got all these Right wing Christian Fundimentalist fukers in the u.s that are oppossed to gay marriage & would throw gay people under a bus..Then they get caught blowing some guy or 1 of their staffers: underage male intern.

the attorney general of NYC hated whores, went after them with a passion, then gets caught using them at $5K per night! chicken hawk faggots (avoided the draft in vietnam) but now are uber hard line military & want to go start wars & kill kill kill.

this d,bag passes one of the most if not the most Draconian speed laws in N.A; aperantly has homicidal rage issues, especially while driving, causes accidents That he Flee's from, Killing the injured citizen that tries to Hold him accountable for his actions! the guy passes a law allowing cops to be judge & jury at the roadside, guess he felt entitiled to do the same: judge, jury & executioner

they psych test those that enforce the laws, maybe they should start psych testing those that want to create the new laws! especially the super expensive, anti-freedom, for your safety ones.

this guy should be charged with man1 at least.

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 09-03-2009 at 05:34 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtthiaga View Post
Interesting.... then what about his "Street Racing Law", which finds you guilty at the road side without a trail.

I'm all for the the 150km/h and over law, but let the people have there day in court!

If you look at the report so far...

.... seems to be a hit and run situation in the making. Bryant should have called 911 at first location instead of driving off.

Bryant could have easily hit the Cyclist first.
Calling the police usually calms the situation down in the first place.

If you were struck my someone, and he started to drive off, I would have chased him down too.

Unfortunately, the media will drag the Victim's name (Sheppard) through the dirt and Bryant will get off either way.

The video's will tell the true story.

Well its tough because I think there was a statement saying that the cyclist was known to police - aka has some sort of record? So he gets hit by the car, then slams his shit on the guys car in "anger" rather then calling for help or for an abulance, etc..

For all you know the cyclist got up and said "im going to ****ing kill you" we dont know the entire situation. There are alot of ****ed up people in toronto man, so its easy to say "ya well he should have just chilled" ya well, you get one of those psychos started, and even if you call the cops by the time they show up the damage is done.

The difference with murder, and being caught Red handed speeding is pretty obvious: With murder, manslaughter, there are many reasons why it can happen or take place. What was said, and all that, has to be taken into consideration.

With speeding, youre clocked on a radar that is pretty infalable. Usually if you get a ticket for outrageous driving, YOU CANT beat it, other then by pleading with the judge to lower the cost/ take away the demerit point penalty.

Driving away can be considered stupid behaviour. But take into consideration the whole the picture, and maybe him trying to get away was because of a threat, etc...

Last edited by sirex; 09-03-2009 at 04:37 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #38
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

My take on things...

Is this guy a jerk even outside this incidenty, perhaps but not why I come to my conclusions, I try best to use facts.

Until ALL the facts are out there is no way to say who truly is to blame and perhaps joint blame. This is why...

1) It is said the cyclist was perhaps drunk, why did police allow him to ride off? Not saying it is the polices fault or to blame but merely one example of how pathetic the police are in this country.
2) I have heard the cyclist grabbed his car, if true I see it this way. If you grab my car and threaten me in any way than I have the RIGHT to defend myself, if you die it is up to the law to decide if my reaction was justified. I know in the states if you pulled that crap a guy is likely to pull a 9MM and cap you right there, go to florida, try it, perfectly legal.
3) All of the above I have considered is again pointless without facts, maybe he grabbed the car after being hit by it and was dragged, maybe he was the aggressor, we just dont know yet. That is why when I see a protest on tv of bikes blocking roads without facts it shows how bias we are as a people.

Who is at fault yet, no one can say. What this guy did to us with laws in the past makes no bearing on my decisions in THIS case. jmo
Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #39
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron...-10703046.html

hes charged with criminal negligence causing death. Hes not getting off that easy anymore .. good.

There is video of the surveillance somewhere. If the cyclist threatened Bryant with his bike lock or anything of that nature he might get off with a lot less.
they've given that charge to some people that were racing, that crashed & caused fatalities, in the past.
they usually get like 2yrs house arrest, primarily cause they didn't set out to kill any1..

now lets look at what we know so far in this incident: cyclist & attorney general have an accident, there is an argument, the attorney general flee's the scene of the accident, the cyclist foot pursuits, grabbing the car. the attorney general then instead of locking doors & putting up his windows (if they weren't already) flee's again, supposedly yelling at the cyclist! what did he think would happen tearing around at speeds smashing his car against stuff to Crush & knock off this human being from his car? I think a 5yr old if asked would say he Wanted to kill this man..

I mean speed up to 25kph, pile on the brakes, guy will be flung off and probably not die.
tear around the block smashing into shit (total anger explosion), what did he think would happen?
*also really want to see the security cam(s) footage
Old 09-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #40
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
they've given that charge to some people that were racing, that crashed & caused fatalities, in the past.
they usually get like 2yrs house arrest, primarily cause they didn't set out to kill any1..

now lets look at what we know so far in this incident: cyclist & attorney general have an accident, there is an argument, the attorney general flee's the scene of the accident, the cyclist foot pursuits, grabbing the car. the attorney general then instead of locking doors & putting up his windows (if they weren't already) flee's again, supposedly yelling at the cyclist! what did he think would happen tearing around at speeds smashing his car against stuff to Crush & knock off this human being from his car? I think a 5yr old if asked would say he Wanted to kill this man..

I mean speed up to 25kph, pile on the brakes, guy will be flung off and probably not die.
tear around the block smashing into shit (total anger explosion), what did he think would happen?
*also really want to see the security cam(s) footage

I understand what you are saying, possibly if he was trying to get him off the car he didnt need to use deadly force, than again if ( again in theory ) someone was swinging a lock at my head I would not care what happened to them.

The justice system in this country should be defending the helpless or victim, not the agressor. IMO and again IF he was attacking the man in the car and was the initiator of the contact then he deserves whatever he gets, be it death or otherwise, period.

Some peoples stupid choices cost them their lives.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #41
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
I understand what you are saying, possibly if he was trying to get him off the car he didnt need to use deadly force, than again if ( again in theory ) someone was swinging a lock at my head I would not care what happened to them.

The justice system in this country should be defending the helpless or victim, not the agressor. IMO and again IF he was attacking the man in the car and was the initiator of the contact then he deserves whatever he gets, be it death or otherwise, period.

Some peoples stupid choices cost them their lives.
...not exactly. You can't just kill someone who's trying to hurt you. Not in Canada anyway.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1993 BMW 525i - daily
1994 BMW 325i - sold
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #42
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
...not exactly. You can't just kill someone who's trying to hurt you. Not in Canada anyway.
I know this, you are correct. However if while defending myself you die I feel it is not my fault unless it is clearly a case where I could have prevented killing you. For example, if you attack me and I swing back in defense knocking you out cold, it ends there, if I were to stand over you and kick your head in, I agree, not legal and if you die, I deserve to be charged. The thing is in a case where a bike/car and speed are involved what is the best or most reasonable way to react? It is not such a clear thing to say he didnt have to kill him, he clearly will say he didnt mean to and who is to say in that case how to defend yourself?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #43
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
All that cash and driving mid to late 1990s Saab, that is just wow.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #44
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Angry Seems to me like Bryant burned a fuse.

It's not like he was threatned with a weapon.
He was safe within the confines of his car.
If he was truly scared he could have slowly driven around the block, until surely a police car would have noticed a guy dangeling from his vehicle.
There are enough cops around Yorkville/Bloor St. that would have noticed him w/in 2 minutes time.
+ I don't see much remorse on his face for just having killed another human being.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #45
sirex
King Sirex

i think he was in a convertible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: