Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
terrence330
3rd Gear Member

Where can I get a chip??

I am helping my friend to look for a chip for E46 330i. I tried the search button already but I got no luck....so I guess I didnt search it properly.

Anyways, does anyone have suggestion which brand and where to get the chip?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Get a MarkD tune
http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/
Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
well you can't really get a chip for newer vehicles, the ECU has to be remapped

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
terrence330
3rd Gear Member

or may be a reflash on ECU?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence330 View Post
or may be a reflash on ECU?
that's the same thing

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
hamant
2nd Gear Member

yah, the day of piggy backing is almost done...
hamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamant View Post
yah, the day of piggy backing is almost done...
ORLY?

MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #8
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
Look @ the Conforti Shark Injector. For throttle re-mapping, it has the same results as the other brands (MarkD for instance), but cost considerably less. Conforti is considered one the of top deverlopers for BMW. The nice thing about the Confoirti injector, is that it can be installed @ home yourself (just need a battery charger for the process) and it performs the update. If you ever want to remove, you can reverse program the car to it's original factory settings. Check out the link: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...6&subcat_id=73

No special programming required.
nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
Look @ the Conforti Shark Injector. For throttle re-mapping, it has the same results as the other brands (MarkD for instance), but cost considerably less. Conforti is considered one the of top deverlopers for BMW. The nice thing about the Confoirti injector, is that it can be installed @ home yourself (just need a battery charger for the process) and it performs the update. If you ever want to remove, you can reverse program the car to it's original factory settings. Check out the link: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...6&subcat_id=73

No special programming required.
I had software fro the e46 M3 developed back in 2005, The Conforti software was not even available then. And any S54 with my software will be quicker than one with any other software. And my E39 M5 software is better than any other you will find.

Recently I've been developing software for for s/c and turbo 318's. (1997 OBD-II systems)
Old 08-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
nachos23
SweetXi

Hi Mark;

No disrespect intended. I know your software is likely teh best out there, but unless I'm mistaken, unless you go beyond CAI, OBC II Programming yields essentially the same results.... from virtually every published spec that I've seen for an e46 330.....
Old 08-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
nachos23
SweetXi

BAsed on this, then the choice comes down to price and reputation. Both yours and Conforti's are EXCELLENT!!! The Conforti chip is being sold for $299 USD from Turner Motorsport http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...6&subcat_id=73 and can be installed by user (just need a battery charger connected) and reversed by user. I've been on your site and you indicate a price of $700 CDN (Plus installation by tech I believe).... What gains would I get using your chip and 94 octane gas (ocassionally 91 as Sunoco is not always around when I need gas)? I'm defintely interested in your solution, but it seems to be more intended for cars with significantly more mods done to them....
Old 08-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
BAsed on this, then the choice comes down to price and reputation. Both yours and Conforti's are EXCELLENT!!! The Conforti chip is being sold for $299 USD from Turner Motorsport http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...6&subcat_id=73 and can be installed by user (just need a battery charger connected) and reversed by user. I've been on your site and you indicate a price of $700 CDN (Plus installation by tech I believe).... What gains would I get using your chip and 94 octane gas (ocassionally 91 as Sunoco is not always around when I need gas)? I'm defintely interested in your solution, but it seems to be more intended for cars with significantly more mods done to them....

I really should update the site, I have someone working on it slowly but had not been in a rush to finish it off. Prices are actually about 30% lower, and even lower if it's a car I already developed software for. The price you mention was for E46 M3 software bought from one of my dealers. Since they are not selling much these days, I have decided to sell direct.
By the way, non-M cars built after 2003 are much harder to program, and the price is higher as the work involved is much more.
I'm more interested in programming cars built up to 2003, or any E46 M3 as they not have the newer encryption protocol.

Torque gains with 91 octane are typically 6 to 7% and with 94, it's around 9%.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
nachos23
SweetXi

sounds interesting and in a time when the internet is so heavily being used for research, you might wanna "hurry that upgrade up" as it's probably costing you busines...... so, have you developed s/w for an 04 330Xi? If so, how much is it and can I install myself, you install, or I take it elsewhere and pay for installation? I have done alot of suspension and chassis upgrades, but only CAI on intake/exhaust system. Short of a supercharger (which is something I'd like to do), the "Stage II" typical upgrades (Cat back exhaust, etc) have little Return on Investment (ROI). I'm looking for faster throttle response, better torque curve, the increase in the rev limit, squeeazing those few available HPs out of the engine without serious mods. Not planning on tracking. Does your software also re-map the Auto tranny like the Dinan software, or are you focused on the engine? Are you able to really pull 9% increase out of an 330 engine with only a CAI upgrade? Thats another 22HP........ and for how much?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Khoalty
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Khoalty
The BMW motor is pretty much maxed out from out of the factory. The only motor that has significant growth is the 335i since it is turbo'd.

All the N/A cars with software upgrades is a completely waste of money unless you are doing it to remove the goven limiter or raise the limiter, for city driving you won't feel a thing at all. It is very rare to see how a person can feel 5hp difference. I have had all these done on my E36 and E46 and i haven't felt a different between stock and modified, I just hear more noise on the car bc of the intake and exhaust.

If you really want to get juice out of the car, the only way to make it worth your money is a s/c or turbo.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Really? You chipped your 330 and you didn't notice it? What chip do you have?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: