Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
Cool Do e46 Coupe seats fit in a sedan?

Looking to upgrade my current heated, powered (with memory) standard leather seats ('04 330Xi Sedan) with heated, powered Sports Seats from an '01 e46 coupe. Both are similarly configured (heated, memory, power, etc; same switch assembly). Can I fit the coupe seats in my sedan (I suspect I can), but are there any mods required, or is it a direct replacement (electrical and physical)?
nachos23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
nachos23
SweetXi

The answer is YES and PERFECTLY!. My M3 Sport seats look awesome and are fully functional... Heated, Memory, electric and gonna transfer the Lumber kits from my previous seats and install into the sports seats....!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Post pics
Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
nachos23
SweetXi

Here they are. One with the original and new outside car and a couple with the new passanger and original drivers (to see the difference) and finally one with both installed. Only thing remaining to do is transfer the lumbar kits from my original sets and retro-fit into the new sports seats. That's next weekend. All trim pieces are inter-changable from the seats, so gonna use the trim from original seats (so originals can be sold looking brand new and no holes in plastic where parts used to be....).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2116.jpg (151.0 KB, 942 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2117.jpg (112.2 KB, 903 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2119.jpg (95.0 KB, 895 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2120.jpg (84.9 KB, 893 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2121.jpg (80.4 KB, 893 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2122.jpg (85.0 KB, 885 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2123.jpg (122.8 KB, 891 views)
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Looks good but you said "M3 Sport seats" Those are just regular sport seats like mine. One day I want to upgrade to some imola m3 seats.

m3 seats are more sculpted

Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
nachos23
SweetXi

Check out the Edmunds link: http://www.edmunds.com/flipper/do/Me...otoId=20143790. Check out the picture... Look remarkably like my seats!!

You may be right, but either way, they are a HUGE upgrade from the stock seats that came in my car.... The stock seats ok I guess if you don't push it, but I've installed H&R + Bilstein sports suspension, SS brake lines, Strut bar, larger anti-roll bars and when I cornered with my old seats; I would seriously slide to one side or the other.... Most frustrating!!! Now I stay in place just nice and snuggly.... Gonna transfer the lumbar kit from my pervious seats to make them super comfortable..... I'm loving the new seats!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Man where did you find em, cant find sport seats black/heated anywhere here

What did they cost btw? Thanks
Old 09-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
nachos23
SweetXi

from the same guy you were talking with from Kijiji...... LOL Paid $700 for the set. They were quite dirty (sat in his basement for 2 yrs) and the wiring needed to be "cleaned up".... Some frayed wires and need to be re-bundled..... They look and work great! Project for this weekend is to remove and retro-fit the lumbar support that is installed in my original seats into the new sport seats. All trim pieces are inter-changable between seats, so I'll do this with no visible changs to either seat........ Could not retro-fit rear seats as the ones I grabbed are off a coupe and mine is a sedan.... Keep looking. I found lots of seats @ $1,500 for the pair (look on eBay), but wasn't prepared to pay that amount. Check out the sponsors for seats. B4 finding these, I had emailed a couple of the sponsors in regards to e46 sport seats and they indicated that they were going to begin parting out e46s next month..... Send emails to all the sponsors and wait........ keeping dong global searches through google..... you'll find them...... Good hunting!! the funny thing is that I now have the ability to tilt seats forward (not sure of what use this will be) as the seats came out of a coupe and therefore are equipped with rear entry tilt........

Tags
coupe, e46 sport seats, sedan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: