Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #31
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

i think the only thing that is pissed off at me right now is my wallet. been pretty dry since i got the car trying to maintain it and putting upgrades. o well is just cash. I still love to drive my car!!
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #32
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Hey man Im Portuguese and I get the same horse shit! Except I got it with every car I've ever known.

I too have always worked and bought my vehicles, had my insurance, and paid for all maintenence/fuel/mods. With my first bimmer (e30) My mom always said I was trying to be a "show off" for having a primered cut springs straight pipe car with 500k???

Anyways then comes the 96 328i Vert! Even worse, Why did a 19 year old need a convertible...blah blah blah, again with the show off bullshit, why dont i buy something for all year round, instead of spending most its life in the garage... on and on.

So Then I bought my winter beater/DD audi. That no show off, Just "stupid!" For spending money on 2 cars, one is parked in the garage the other is an old ass audi, why not sell both those pieces of shit and buy a good car and so on.

Last week I sold my audi, So today I was mentioning how i might be buying a 99+civic as a reliable cheap daily driver, well once again. She hates hondas! "With all the car companies out there, why honda? I hate hondas, everytime i see them I feel like kicking them" So I'm like w.e its my money I want something cheap and reliable, so shes like yeah bring it home and ill hit it with the sledge hammer ( pretty sure she was talking shit)

But no worries man I get it all the time!

Jay
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #33
dannyb
4th Gear Member

what does she drive?
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
Being on a BMW forum, mocking so called douchebags, makes you the biggest douchebag of them all.

now now Sands... we all know that BMW drivers are douchebags. It's because of the 18 year old E36 ricers or the 39 year old Chinese E46 slow highway mergers. Even if you're not a douche, you're going to be categorized as one, because that's this brand's rep. I'm not insulted though, I'll keep driving my douchemobile's, because I love them =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
parents give me shit for spending money on it.
friends give me shit for baller status. (but they joke and like it)
co-workers say that women don't care that its an m3 and that i should of got a 320 and could still pick up chicks and that i should stop doing drug deals to afford the car, etc etc.
brother and his friends love the car and always compete with me at the track of course. (porsche c4s and 300awhp sti).

all that aside, i got the car because i needed a car and i wanted the m3. people car say the a car is a bad investment, so i'm going to enjoy my bad investment and because i'm never going to sell it, i don't care about the resale value.
I agreeee, so true!!

Last edited by TNation; 08-27-2009 at 10:44 AM.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #35
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnation View Post
now now sands... We all know that bmw drivers are douchebags. It's because of the 18 year old e36 ricers or the 39 year old chinese e46 slow highway mergers. Even if you're not a douche, you're going to be categorized as one, because that's this brand's rep. I'm not insulted though, i'll keep driving my douchemobile's, because i love them =)

i agreeee, so true!!
amen!!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #36
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
honestly looks like a whole lot of people here need to move out

and break contact with their parents

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #37
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

well i also took a look at a dictionary and this is what i found:

1. BMW Driver : a person richer than you

2. BMW Driver : A person with good taste in cars.

3. BMW Driver : Bad Motorist, Wanker! ... with little or no regard for other road users. This person can only drive in the fast lane magnetised to the rear bumper of another car. They have to overtake everything even if the maneouvre may very easily result in a multi vehicle pile up!!
"Oh look, 100yds to the services, I'll slow down from 120mph while cutting accross three lanes of heavy traffic so i can have a quick slash" or maybe a wank!!!
get this def on a mug

4. BMW Driver : Bunch (of) Monkey Wankers. BMW
do u no wot BMW really stands for? its Bunch of Monkey Wankers
Old 08-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #38
pawcio
6th Gear Member

^^ hahaha...that's the urban dictionary. not sure its a trustworthy choice.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #39
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
Being on a BMW forum, mocking so called douchebags, makes you the biggest douchebag of them all.
Don't bother with that douchbag, he doesn't even own a car. He just posts about all the cars he'd like to own. He's even been caught in the pass posing as if the cars are his.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #40
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
so you just admitted to loving male BMW drivers! That explains a lot about you, and your strange little peanut mind!

Why are you such a hating loser about everything?!

just because you and all your friends are broke students who can barely afford a shitbox 20 year old Bmw that's running poorly at best doesn't mean you have the permission to hate on the good people who can afford to own these cars from new. So yea, STFU and GTFO. Obviously you haven't learned from being banned for the last while!? FYL

And one more thing, take that ****ing stupid highschool sounding shit about me off your signature or else I'll come to your house and make your mom do it for... And I mean that in the nicest way I possibly can at this point... Your embarrasing yourself keeping that stupid shit up there. Act your age kid, you're not 12 anymore.
Ahhh guess there are two 12 year olds! Wait, one might be 14.

OP, doesn't matter what your parents think, don't let it get to you. Just show them you are happy and in control of your life.

As for me, I am working toward my independence (study study study!) but for now my parents are the reason I can afford my car.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Last edited by Dr. Flyview; 08-27-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #41
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Ahhh guess there are two 12 year olds! Wait, one might be 14.

As for me, I am working toward my independence (study study study!) but for now my parents are the reason I can afford my car.
And you're one to talk!

Stay out of it!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #42
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
lmao, i love the dictionary definitions!

couple weeks ago at work one guy found out what i drive. then he said oh do you cruise around in your pink shirt with your popped collar and there was something else too...
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:54 AM   #43
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Haha I like the one with 320I idea instead of M3.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #44
Furious
BMW again.

own two of them, my mom gave me shit for modifying my first one. but always wants to drive the stock one lol.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #45
344i
5th Gear Member

My parents helped me pick out my e36. My dad was opposed to it at first but then came around. My mom understood that parts are well priced from sponsors and lots of used ones here, and the car is easy to work on, so I ll be able to afford it.

All in all, I didn't get shit.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: