Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #31
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
guys dont forget the Mazda RX-7, and now the new RX-8...those AMAZING handling cars!! the silva is sooo sick, i love that car...tuners in japan are hitting 600hp easily! just upgrade the internals and put a lil bit bigger turbo.

mike125k what in the blue hell are you talking about? no one said just slap on an intake on a jap car and your done. this is a perfect example of stereotyping...jap car owners are nothing but stupid kids, who slap an intake and exhaust (not even a cat back) and think their cars are fast. Muscle is very good IMO, but its good for one thing, straight line speed (unless heavily modded). that isnt what an NSX or S2000 is for, if you take one to the track, and know how to drive at the track with a M-R or F-R car then you will understand, i myself havent even driven...but anyone can tell you..a jap car like NSX and S2000 is a good performance car for handling. stock for stock, muscle will get torn apart on the track when lined up against an NSX (280hp...at like 7500rpm)

good handling car = true sports car IMO

btw: if you dont like talking about jap cars, why'd u post in the first place?
everyone has their opinion. some dont think good handling means good sports car. and id like to see an NSX hang with an LS1 Camaro, Trans Am, Corvette, etc on the strip. torque gets you off the line, not horsepower at 7500 rpm. you love high reving engines and think they are the only thing that matters. i hate peaky narrow powerband engines, give me something with 90% of its torque at 2500rpm any day! and yes i know tons of people who think their civic if fast and they just picked up 50 HP with a CAI, headers and cat back on it. or better yet just put a turbo on it and wonder why they cant get tons of power out of it because they know nothing about designing a proper setup and tuning it right. and for your information i am actually desiging a turbo setup for my friends 97 maxima so dont stereotype me saying i hate jap cars.
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:47 PM   #32
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

Most Honda's, mazda and toyota mid size sedan's arn't much cheaper then a 3 series bmw. And IMO the Japan quality and performance is no where near the bmw's. So why wast your money on a ugly boring accord when for a few more $$$ you can have a classy bmw 320.

Yes the japs make a few super cars and a few pretty fast for the price compacts. But every car bmw makes has I very high degree of performance and quality not just a few select models. bmw doesn't make cheap cars.. TOO BAD I hope they never do!

BMW is the best! so if you don't like it or can't afford it, join the rest
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 09:04 PM   #33
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

uhh..im sorry to say, but this is gone pretty off topic..if you look at the title, it says "tru performers" not "safest cars?"

we all know honda's arent really good for safety...but that isnt the topic

Quote:
everyone has their opinion. some dont think good handling means good sports car. and id like to see an NSX hang with an LS1 Camaro, Trans Am, Corvette, etc on the strip. torque gets you off the line, not horsepower at 7500 rpm. you love high reving engines and think they are the only thing that matters. i hate peaky narrow powerband engines, give me something with 90% of its torque at 2500rpm any day! and yes i know tons of people who think their civic if fast and they just picked up 50 HP with a CAI, headers and cat back on it. or better yet just put a turbo on it and wonder why they cant get tons of power out of it because they know nothing about designing a proper setup and tuning it right. and for your information i am actually desiging a turbo setup for my friends 97 maxima so dont stereotype me saying i hate jap cars.
first of all, i know i love high revving engines, theres nothing sexier than hearing an S2000 screaming at 9000rpm with a good exhaust system and a sweet intake, let alone a supercharger!
i never said torque doesnt matter....why do you put words in my mouth?

you dont make sense, first of all you DID just stereotype, because u know ppl who think they get 50HP from I/H/E on their civic's u said that in general, thats stereotyping last time i checked! you wanna see a car stick with a muscle car in the strip??? ask darkrider..hes into supra's..he'll tell u all about the 9 sec supras. i like 1/4mile and street racing n all, but that isnt the world....

just because its YOUR FRIEND's maxima that your working on, doesnt mean u dont hat jap cars, i mean..you ARE making fun of them, maybe your doing it because its YOUR FRIEND's car.. your just helpin your friend, i mean...that is what friends do right?

for someone who DRIVES a torqueless car, you sure put down torqueless cars a lot...dont you

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 09:57 PM   #34
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

for someone who cant even drive you certainly know alot about how all kinds of cars drive/handle/etc. i hate the motor in my car due to its lack of torque! i never disputed that no ever claim my car is fast by any means. i wanted a 325 my 318 just kinda fell into my lap at the right time and i couldnt turn down the deal. and how much money has to go into a supra to get it into the 9s? a ton more than it would take a domestic. my friend has an 81 monte carlo running 9s on N2O (high 10s on all motor) and i guarentee what it cost him to get it into 9s was less than you can get a stock supra for and it will outlast a FI motor running high boost all the time.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:28 PM   #35
Foc us
4th Gear Member

My personal opinion......Jap cars are more a hype than a true performer. i wouldn't start a project car on a weak base anyways, no point at all. I'm not sure if you guys ever hear it but couple years ago a famous Japanese test pilot died because the "souped up" EK9 chassis can't handle the power and disintergrated.
If you guys ever study the races, you can see how Honduh wins by team strategy, not performance. They block cars comming from behind during cornering, and we're still talking about performance??? pffft....shame on Honduhs! They win because RWD cars(especially BMW) goes for fast overall track speed and FWD cars enter corners slower but acclerates earlierthat a RWD, watch those tapes closely and youll see the difference.
Japanese never invented anything, especially in automobile business! MB got the Rotary from the beginning and sold the Patent to Mazda, Turbo was from Lotus, "tec" was from F1 first used in BMWs for a road car. EBD was used ages before Japs got it, ABS was a standard in Euro cars, Traction control was from Europe, Stability control was from Europe ( think it was from MB) etc etc......
E46Lover.....If you tried to raise the BMW engine to 11:1 compression ratio and tune it for 11Krpm it will seriously out perform a Honduh any day any time, they don't do it because reliability is an issue. If you do some research, typical jap engine won't last as long as a Euro ones, in track, you might want your engine to stay intact.....Ever wonder why Honduh is the biggest loser in F1? They should be up on top if they're as good as they claimed, don't you think so too?

Last edited by Foc us; 03-12-2003 at 10:49 PM.
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:11 AM   #36
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by mike125k
for someone who cant even drive you certainly know alot about how all kinds of cars drive/handle/etc. i hate the motor in my car due to its lack of torque! i never disputed that no ever claim my car is fast by any means. i wanted a 325 my 318 just kinda fell into my lap at the right time and i couldnt turn down the deal. and how much money has to go into a supra to get it into the 9s? a ton more than it would take a domestic. my friend has an 81 monte carlo running 9s on N2O (high 10s on all motor) and i guarentee what it cost him to get it into 9s was less than you can get a stock supra for and it will outlast a FI motor running high boost all the time.
was that sarcasm for the first line?!

i'd rather have a 9sec supra tearing up the streets than a gay ass camaro..theres only a few domestic cars like...2 of them happen to be on this board!

Z06 and SVT Lightening..theres many more...all of callaway's cars too! saleen also...the S7 is so sick, but no matter what domestic car you have...theres always an import in the same category thats a lot more classier and sexier looking!

and Foc us...who said i liked NA honda motor's i never said honda had the BEST NA motor's....i never said honda was the best jap car maker...i'd take a supra, skyline, or even 350Z over a s2000 or NSX!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 03-13-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:15 AM   #37
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
was that sarcasm for the first line?!

i'd rather have a 9sec supra tearing up the streets than a gay ass camaro..theres only a few domestic cars like...2 of them happen to be on this board!

Z06 and SVT Lightening..theres many more...all of callaway's cars too! saleen also...the S7 is so sick, but no matter what domestic car you have...theres always an import in the same category thats a lot more classier and sexier looking!

and Foc us...who said i liked NA honda motor's i never said honda had the BEST NA motor's....i never said honda was the best jap car maker...i'd take a supra, skyline, or even 350Z over a s2000 or NSX!
And...............you would put altezzas on all of them. Shows your mentality, rice cooker!!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:17 AM   #38
sonny
6th Gear Member

camaros suck!
Old 03-13-2003, 01:36 AM   #39
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
but no matter what domestic car you have...theres always an import in the same category thats a lot more classier and sexier looking!
wow youre pretty ignorant with that statement. why did i even bother with this conversation? oh well
Old 03-13-2003, 01:40 AM   #40
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by mike125k
wow youre pretty ignorant with that statement. why did i even bother with this conversation? oh well
think about it...Ford has their SVT line up, and BMW has their M line up..which is better? no offense moerom..your truck still kicks ass!!!

Old 03-13-2003, 02:05 AM   #41
SickFinga

Jon. sometime I wonder why are you here?
All you talk is:
Integra Type R with a good driver can run circles around m3
Put Sir engine with turbo and you got m3 killer
If any of us wanted just a fast car we would get a civic and slap the change into mods, but guess what? We decided to get BMW.
Personally I hate Japanese cars, I hated them in Europe and I still hate them here. There are only 2 jap cars that I would get GT R34 and Supra TT. I considered Supra vs M3 when I was getting my car, but I still got m3 and guess what I'm damn happy.

P.S. damn with proper driver Chuck's Mini will run circles around m3 when it is driven by you.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:10 AM   #42
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Jon. sometime I wonder why are you here?
All you talk is:
Integra Type R with a good driver can run circles around m3
Put Sir engine with turbo and you got m3 killer
If any of us wanted just a fast car we would get a civic and slap the change into mods, but guess what? We decided to get BMW.
Personally I hate Japanese cars, I hated them in Europe and I still hate them here. There are only 2 jap cars that I would get GT R34 and Supra TT. I considered Supra vs M3 when I was getting my car, but I still got m3 and guess what I'm damn happy.

P.S. damn with proper driver Chuck's Mini will run circles around m3 when it is driven by you.
Ohhhhhh, word to Big-Bird!!!!!

OHHHH YEAH Jon, whats up!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:24 AM   #43
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

sickfinga..look at this sexy boo-tay

theres more...dont worry

oh wats this? a bmw at a drift competition???

lancer! real one too

3 beasts drifting...

more at carandmodel.com and jdmcivic.com

Old 03-13-2003, 02:26 AM   #44
SickFinga

that first car looks like pontiac grand prix.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:34 AM   #45
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
that first car looks like pontiac grand prix.
yea, well my point is...everyone judges jap cars, when they will never...EVER get to drive those cars i posted, except the bmw...unless they go to japan or someone in europe. and they would have to take it to the track to notice...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: