Got a new car, so regrettably, it's time for the e30 to go.
For sale is my 1988 325i, either for parts or fixer upper.
- Only Mobil 1 synthetic oil used (5w50)
- Black w/ dark tinted windows
- Interior is grey houndstooth sport seats in front, grey cloth in back with headrests and ski-bag armrest. Door panels are grey cloth / vinyl.
Was in a fender-bender 2 years ago. Not branded, the inner fender and rad support were bent in slightly, but were pulled back out. Hood does not fit 100%, but the car drives straight and alignment appears good. Has 1 new fender and 1 good condition used fender. Elipsoid light braket for DS was damaged, I still have the actual lights though. Replaced with Sealed Beams.
The floors are solid, except for 2 holes that I fixed in each of the front wheel wells. They were approx. 4 inches square right at the corner (typical rust spot) Cut out rust, por15, and fiberglass patched. Por15 applied to any surface rust on floorboards.
Will need work if you want to safety it. Right now off the top of my head, it would likely need:
- both rear e-brake cables are broken. I have the shoes still, hardware is likely gone. The holddown pins popped throught the backing plate.
- rear shock mounts
- either front strut bearings or the rack is going (has a hard spot when turning)
- one of the bolt holes in the RF wheel is losing the threading, hub would likely need to be replaced.
- small hole in the rear wheel well would need to be patched.
Would also need new rear glass. The defroster grid doesn't work.
U-joints may be on their way out. There is a slight rumble when you get on it in 2nd gear, but smooth other than that.
Lots of new parts in the last 2 years.
-Timing belt & waterpump done Oct 2007 at 311,000km,
- new wires, cap, rotor, plugs,
- o2 sensor, all rear bushings (subframe, trailing arm & swaybar).
- New driveshaft bearing
- intake gasket, tb gasket & intake hose
- coolant temp sensor
The rear door was also replaced with a good used door due to vandalism. However, the used door was apparently repainted with base/clear, and some of the clear is starting to peel.
Not e-tested, not safetied. Asking $800
Any questions, PM me.