Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-18-2010, 02:04 AM   #31
zackman17
Banned

what the **** why didnt the put dolly's please dont say your car is automatic
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #32
motion
Hell Spawn

Wow the amount of mis information and lack of knowledge when it comes to the cops and the guys that drive these cars is amazing.

you guys are all so busy and worked up in saying your car is not that low and that it performs better that your missing the big picture AND to make it worse uneducated cops trying to hand out tickets regarding is making it even more retarded.

THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY A CAR THAT IS STOCK COMPARED TO MODIFIED (lowering wise) THAT IS THE PROBLEM IS PEDESTRIAN/PROPERTY ACCIDENTS.

dont get it?

simple. when the car was designed it was tested over and over again by the manufacturer and DOT etc....to make sure that its height prevents more damage to a person in a front impact accident and that potholes etc...on the street dont cause the car severe damage.

they really dont give a **** if it handles any better because there are a million things that can be done to a car that the manufacturer KNOWS to make the car a million times better for the same price they are selling it for BUT its not practial in terms of everyday environment due to the fact that its not a controlled environment.

if that makes sense....
motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:35 AM   #33
zackman17
Banned

my opinion its your car and you can do what ever the **** you want to it if you want to lower it and risk ****ing something up because of a pothole that's your choice. i really dont understand what the big deal is aslong as your not rubbing leave it along!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:37 AM   #34
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY A CAR THAT IS STOCK COMPARED TO MODIFIED (lowering wise) THAT IS THE PROBLEM IS PEDESTRIAN/PROPERTY ACCIDENTS.

dont get it?

so corvettes are illigal? every vehicle is different it's not like every car has the exact same specification!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:07 AM   #35
motion
Hell Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
so corvettes are illigal? every vehicle is different it's not like every car has the exact same specification!
my point exactly.
its made WITH shape and height in mind by the manufacturer under strict rules.

the minute you alter it that no longer applies and now the millions of dollars of R&D that was put into making the car safer for pedestrians etc...went down the gutter.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:10 AM   #36
motion
Hell Spawn

Quote:
my opinion its your car and you can do what ever the **** you want to it if you want to lower it and risk ****ing something up because of a pothole that's your choice. i really dont understand what the big deal is aslong as your not rubbing leave it along!
simple.
you **** up your car because of a pothole etc...you go after the city and claim it under your insurance and in return there are more and more money being dished out to people like this that I and alot of other people are paying for.

a simple oil pan scrape or bend can easily turn into front radsupport, radiator, mounts etc...damage by lowering a vehicle....

do the math....

i highly doubt you will spend your own dollars fixing it and not going thru insurance....

btw your right its YOUR car and YOU can do whatever it is YOU want to do to it.
Keep it on YOUR property and do not put it on PUBLIC roads.
the minute you step out of YOUR property it NO longer is about YOU its about EVERYONE.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #37
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motion View Post
my point exactly.
its made WITH shape and height in mind by the manufacturer under strict rules.

the minute you alter it that no longer applies and now the millions of dollars of R&D that was put into making the car safer for pedestrians etc...went down the gutter.
if you hit someone you hit someone altering you car by - or + 3" isnt going to be much of a difference. your still hitting them! so i really dont know what your trying to get at what about trucks? exactly my point here
Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #38
motion
Hell Spawn

Quote:
if you hit someone you hit someone altering you car by - or + 3" isnt going to be much of a difference. your still hitting them! so i really dont know what your trying to get at what about trucks? exactly my point here
there is actually a HUGE difference.

its hard to explain it without showing you it. matter of the point is we can keep chatting back and forth all night long but what i am telling you is the exact reason as to why there are HEIGHT requirements in vehicles.

just because you hit them doesnt end the story. There is a way to reduce severe impacts simply by design and height.

ever wonder why concept cars dont come into production just the way they are shown? its not legal. shapes and designs of cars have DRASTICALLY changed due to modern technology showing PROOF that they can reduce impact severity pending design.

the easiest way to explain it would be to youtube it.
try something along the lines of HONDA ACCCIDENT FACILITY *if i remember it correctly*

it shows and explains as to why cars that are now built are shaped the way they are and how it improves accident results.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #39
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
simple.
you **** up your car because of a pothole etc...you go after the city and claim it under your insurance and in return there are more and more money being dished out to people like this that I and alot of other people are paying for.

a simple oil pan scrape or bend can easily turn into front radsupport, radiator, mounts etc...damage by lowering a vehicle....

do the math....

i highly doubt you will spend your own dollars fixing it and not going thru insurance....

btw your right its YOUR car and YOU can do whatever it is YOU want to do to it.
Keep it on YOUR property and do not put it on PUBLIC roads.
the minute you step out of YOUR property it NO longer is about YOU its about EVERYONE.
i guess i should call my insurance company then and file a claim because i blew a tire last month on the 401 after i hit a pothole and i scratched my rim...? its my fault i made the decision to hit the pothole and it was a lowprofile tire. i would assume the repairs not insurance. now if it is a pothole the size of a fish pond different story. you sould like one of those toyota prius drivers that drive 90 in the left lane on the 401.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 AM   #40
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
there is actually a HUGE difference.

its hard to explain it without showing you it. matter of the point is we can keep chatting back and forth all night long but what i am telling you is the exact reason as to why there are HEIGHT requirements in vehicles.

just because you hit them doesnt end the story. There is a way to reduce severe impacts simply by design and height.

ever wonder why concept cars dont come into production just the way they are shown? its not legal. shapes and designs of cars have DRASTICALLY changed due to modern technology showing PROOF that they can reduce impact severity pending design.

the easiest way to explain it would be to youtube it.
try something along the lines of HONDA ACCCIDENT FACILITY *if i remember it correctly*

it shows and explains as to why cars that are now built are shaped the way they are and how it improves accident results.

i understand what your saying but altering the hieght of the vehicle within a few inches doesent make much of a difference! i dont see lifted trucks/ or jeeps getting pulled off the road? its all cars that are lowered if anything a lifted tj is more of a hazard because you are raising the center of gravity and they is more chance of a rollover!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #41
motion
Hell Spawn

Quote:
i guess i should call my insurance company then and file a claim because i blew a tire last month on the 401 after i hit a pothole and i scratched my rim...? its my fault i made the decision to hit the pothole and it was a lowprofile tire. i would assume the repairs not insurance. now if it is a pothole the size of a fish pond different story. you sould like one of those toyota prius drivers that drive 90 in the left lane on the 401.
you do know that toronto has a law that allows you to get covered for your vehicle repairs if a pothole damaged your car right?

but then again had you driven a stock car with stock wheels chances are the THICK sidewalls would have more then likey saved the rim etc...but again thats just logical thinking...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #42
motion
Hell Spawn

Quote:
i understand what your saying but altering the hieght of the vehicle within a few inches doesent make much of a difference! i dont see lifted trucks/ or jeeps getting pulled off the road? its all cars that are lowered if anything a lifted tj is more of a hazard because you are raising the center of gravity and they is more chance of a rollover!
hence the reason i stated UNEDUCATED cops.
the fact that a lowered car has a problem is the exact same thing if you raise it.
HOWEVER cops dont get taught on a R&D type level of why certain rules exist they get told "here is the HTA just uphold it". any cop who understands the concept behind the height rule would know that raising the car does the exact same thing.

just because you dont see them pulled over doesnt mean they dont get pulled over.

alot of people get away with tinted plates, mufflers, flashing blue signals etc...but eventually they all fall victim. some sooner then later...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 AM   #43
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
you do know that toronto has a law that allows you to get covered for your vehicle repairs if a pothole damaged your car right?

but then again had you driven a stock car with stock wheels chances are the THICK sidewalls would have more then likey saved the rim etc...but again thats just logical thinking...
i do know about the the law try getting a claim paid out. i pulled into a parkinglot beside the scotiabank on laird and milwood and smashed my oilpan because the pitch of the curb it too steep.(there are tonnes of scuffs on that curb) the car (1990 325i) was 100% factory down the the tire size and the struts were 2 months old, i made phonecalls for 2 days where did i get..nowhere.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:54 AM   #44
motion
Hell Spawn

Quote:
i do know about the the law try getting a claim paid out. i pulled into a parkinglot beside the scotiabank on laird and milwood and smashed my oilpan because the pitch of the curb it too steep.(there are tonnes of scuffs on that curb) the car (1990 325i) was 100% factory down the the tire size and the struts were 2 months old, i made phonecalls for 2 days where did i get..nowhere.
i wouldnt expect more either...simply because its a conflict of interest on the other end of the phone. you have to know how to properly file the necessary paperwork. just like going to the courts to re-open a matter, sure there is a way however they wont tell you...you pretty much have to ask them the things you need and they will provide you with it.

since the everyday joe doesnt know how to do that....we got wonderful people doing it on behalf of us called lawyers.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #45
motion
Hell Spawn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_G-Con
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive...estrian_safety

check that link out. it kind of explains what i was trying to explain in klingon.
lol

btw what I am talking about is called Passive safety (in technical terms)

Last edited by motion; 11-18-2010 at 05:00 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: