Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Question If Cannabis Smoking Didnít Adversely Impact Lung Function, would you have heard?

Quote:

here are the findings of yet another just published study that the mainstream media will undoubtedly ignore.

'Cumulative cannabis use was associated with higher forced vital capacity, total lung capacity, functional residual capacity, and residual volume. These findings were similar amongst those who did not smoke tobacco.

Cannabis appears to have different effects on lung function to those of tobacco.'

http://blog.norml.org/2009/08/18/if-...bout-it-right/
well now you just heard

and ---

Moderate Lifetime Marijuana Use Associated With Reduced Risk Of Head And Neck Cancer
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19638490

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 08-21-2009 at 08:54 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
BigD
the misanthropist

The study doesn't say weed doesn't adversely affect lung function, only less so than tobacco. The study link contains a link to a study by the same group where they state "the trend suggests that continued cannabis smoking has the potential to result in clinically important impairment of lung function".
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
The study doesn't say weed doesn't adversely affect lung function, only less so than tobacco. The study link contains a link to a study by the same group where they state "the trend suggests that continued cannabis smoking has the potential to result in clinically important impairment of lung function".
yes, lets put this in perspective. Any kind of smoke that is repeatedly inhaled into our lungs ain't going to positively effect them. Now if you're saying the smoke is less carcinogenic than tobacco, sure that's probably true.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Arash
6th Gear Member

vaporizers ftw!
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
pawcio
6th Gear Member

If you actually read the journal article...which I have, they don't say anything about one being better than the other or weather its healthy or not. All the study suggests is that there are different long-term physiological effects of smoking cannabis when compared to tobacco. If you read the article it also explains that most of the test group that smoked tobacco also smoked cannabis, as well as other limitations such as there was no control for the amount smoked, or how it was smoked. Basically, when reading a news article on any subject you should try to find the peer reviewed published article. Otherwise a media journalist can chose aspects of the study they wish to publicize and you don't get the whole truth.

"In conclusion, cannabis and tobacco smoking are each associated with a distinct pattern of lung function changes in young adults. Cannabis was associated with evidence of hyperinflation and increased large airway resistance, with little evidence of airflow obstruction or impairment of gas transfer, whereas tobacco was associated with airflow obstruction, gas-trapping and lower transfer factors. These findings suggest that smoking cannabis and tobacco have different physiological consequences for the lungs."
__
Hancox et al. (2009) "Effects of cannabis on lung function: a population-based cohort study" European Respiratory Society
doi: 10.1183/09031936.00065009

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
magnus
6th Gear Member

Smoking Canabis and the effects of it....

And you end up sexy as.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Homer_Simpson.jpg (51.6 KB, 71 views)

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: