Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Who do you think creates the most accident?
Drunk Drivers 20 54.05%
Slow Pokes driving waaay slower than speed limit 14 37.84%
Speeders 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2003, 06:38 AM   #1
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Who do you think creates the most accident?

Personal Opinion: slow pokes creates more accidents than a speeder. If you drive fast, you might create something called tunnel vision and didn't notice everything around you but you're still focused to the things infront of you. But if you're behind a slow car and tried to pass it, cars behind you will have a hard time braking. Especially going around trucks, we have minimum idea what's going on up front.
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
none of the above, IMO i'd say inexperienced drivers, over confident drivers, and people who insist on traffic sewing at high rates of speed.

If I was forced to choose from your list, I'd say the drunk driver or the speeder.

If you're going so fast that you can't react to a slow moving vehicle ahead of you then you're going waaaay too fast for a public road.

Remember, driving below the posted speed limit isn't illegal (unless it's obstructing traffic).
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #3
SickFinga

none of the above, Jon creates more accidents then all those above all together
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
I'd have to go with ThinAir.

Thinair, Are you a scientist or something? You seem to know A LOT. I mean A LOT about everything man.
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
Gamite

I think the most accidents occur when a driver isnt paying attention and doesnt realize that the driver in front of him is breaking until its too late. Or when tail gaters get too aggressive.

I've driven during rush hour numerous times and this is the most common accident.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Irresponsible Drivers and Drunk/Drugged Drivers are number 1!
Slow drivers and Inexperienced drivers number 2 cause they go 45 MPH in a 70 MPH zone(for example) and you just....get an accident
Speeders are last cause most of them have LOTS of experience

I dont really have a reason for number 1 cause u all no it all

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan

Last edited by ///Milk; 03-11-2003 at 03:31 PM.
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #7
Miguel
...Delt Smash

I say hot girls cause the most accidents
Old 03-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #8
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

Where's the choice for women drivers???? senior citizens???? Bitchass soccer moms driving their SUV's while talking on their cell phones????
MACI4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

Souped up honda civics cause the most highway accidents

And Kilt wearing catholic school girls cause the most in town accidents
Old 03-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #10
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by ///Milk

Speeders are last cause most of them have LOTS of experience
I disagree on that.
Anyone can speed, remember? More like anyone who has a heavy right foot can definitely speed all they want. I've seen tons of speeders on the freeway, but the way they deal with traffic and take the curves tells me that they don't have a LOT of experience.

I usually think that most drivers get into accidents because the driver is aware of knowing how fast they're going, but they're unaware of what to expect, i.e. incoming traffic, unexpected animals, the way how the cars in front will react to a speeding car approaching them from behind.

Just think of it, not everyone are experienced drivers. Some are new while some still have no idea how to judge distance and speed. A good example that I witnessed...Sitting in my friend's car, he was speeding on the freeway on the right lane (don't remember why he didn't change lanes but maybe b/c there were cars on the two left lanes I think). A car from the highway enterance ramp was going to merge onto the our lane. The driver changed lanes right when my friend was going to pass him and all of a sudden, my friend jammed on the brakes and starting cussing at the driver. Obviously the driver merging onto the highway either did not see my friend approaching very quickly or they couldn't judge the speed that my friend was travelling at.

We're driving on the roads with drivers of different expereince levels so everyone will react differently.

It's a hard topic to conclude who will cause the accident.
Aggressive drivers may cause their own accidents due to reckless driving, but at the same time less experienced drivers may get theirselves into accidents b/c they don't know how to react to certain situations.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:18 PM   #11
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
no offence to anyone but chinese drivers are bad, especially 40+ ones, they go like 20km/h, they cant drive for shit man.......
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 08:47 PM   #12
speeddemon65
1st Gear Newbie

I say that it comes down to everybody, some ar irresponsable, other dont know how to drive for shit and yet, they're driving. Many, drink and drive(those deserve to get in car accidents) who is stupid enough to drive and to let someone drive when they're drunk? Speeders, too some don't have the esperience and others get distrated with the adrenaline rush of going so fast. Now, you want to stay out of car accidents, and decrease your chances of causing one, Speed when you have the chance, Drive slow in residential areas, follow the rules when in the city(don't get stinged by those idiots amatuers in Hondas, Acuras, Toyotas..... They cause the most accidents in the city for trying to drag race in school zone and residential areas, cuase that's where they tned to race, here in my city. So hey we all have the chance af being a damn statistic or being an example to others, whatever we do is up to us.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:30 PM   #13
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat
I'd have to go with ThinAir.

Thinair, Are you a scientist or something? You seem to know A LOT. I mean A LOT about everything man.
Yes, I am a scientist.

And pretty much any disraction is all you really need to have a mishap if you're unlucky, a really hot girl on the side of the road, a cell phone, a ferrari in the lane beside you....anything.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #14
bart320i
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bavaria
no offence to anyone but chinese drivers are bad, especially 40+ ones, they go like 20km/h, they cant drive for shit man.......
very true man. I deal with body shops and dealerships on a daily basis (it my job) and 80%+ of the people coming in and out of body shops are asian. Especially Honda body shops. When they come rent cars from us we have to verify if it is there fault and most of them it is.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:50 AM   #15
speeddemon65
1st Gear Newbie

On that I would have to agree with you guys, I've seen asian drivers on the freeway where the limit is 65mph.....65mph, and they're doing 40. THat's so freaking stupid. and then, they drive like they're scared of something.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: