Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
The-Traveler
2nd Gear Member

Chris, my neighbours had their 1994 Dodge Caravan stolen out of their driveway at lunch time a few years back. And this is a quiet residential part of Mississauga.

I also want a shock sensor becuase of the kids that play hockey and soccer in their driveway... give them another reason to avoid hitting my car.

:-)
The-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
arsevader
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
Chris, my neighbours had their 1994 Dodge Caravan stolen out of their driveway at lunch time a few years back. And this is a quiet residential part of Mississauga.

I also want a shock sensor becuase of the kids that play hockey and soccer in their driveway... give them another reason to avoid hitting my car.

:-)
My 8 year old daughter could steal a 1994 dodge caravan. Vans are very popular thefts to be used in other crimes.

Newer BMWs are a different story. Most cars of this type are broken into to steal what's inside rather than steal the actual car. If someone wants your car they will get it no matter what alarm you have.
'03 320i
'96 Volvo 850R
arsevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
piotrek636
formerly Lucky

when I got my car, the remote was just locking and unlocking the car, after a visit to the dealer the guy who was doing the programming asked me if I want to turn the alarm On, I said yes that would be nice I thought it was already on, then he asked if I want the lights to blink when locking/arming unlocking/disarming.

ever since he did that I noticed the red light on my rearview mirror started to blink when I lock the car, so turns out my alarm was disabled but it was already in the car.

weird ... check with another dealer, maybe they are trying to scam you, who knows.
piotrek636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
Steve@ASPTuning
2nd Gear Member

I'm going to see if I can activate my red clown nose to blink... All E46's I believe were pre-wired for an alarm if someone was to ever install the alarm.
Steve@ASPTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #20
piotrek636
formerly Lucky

He asked me if I want the turn signals / blinkers to flash when I arm/disarm the car, the red clown nose started blinking after the programming as well.
piotrek636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
The-Traveler
2nd Gear Member

Tischer shipped with the UPS ground method and I got charged $55 for customs and 44 in tax.

The alarm install was easy, but getting to the siren was the hardest part.

Programming went well and everything work now. :-) Thanks everyone.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #22
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I did the exact same thing yesterday... installed (myself) an alarm (bought from Tischer) in our '04 ZHP 330i. Took me 30mins complete. You'll still need to get it activated from a shop though.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #23
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
Tischer shipped with the UPS ground method and I got charged $55 for customs and 44 in tax.

The alarm install was easy, but getting to the siren was the hardest part.

Programming went well and everything work now. :-) Thanks everyone.
Good to hear, glad everything worked out

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #24
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Modic? So what exactly needs to be done to get the lights to flash when you lock/unlock? Be nice to see to know I pressed the right button as I walk away, its freakin silent so I am stearing all the time lol
Old 08-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #25
The-Traveler
2nd Gear Member

My alarm beeps twice when unlocked and doesn't make a sound when locked unless something (other than the driver door) is open.

I had to have the dealer program it. 1 hour in labour.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #26
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Beeps because of the dealer or before because this thread on e46 fan makes it sound like there is no stock beep?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10231545

Crazy confusing what is stock and available. Im just taking the car E46 325xi to the dealer and asking what they can do, get it to beep, flash whatever but clearly no alarm.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #27
Young Gun
Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Beeps because of the dealer or before because this thread on e46 fan makes it sound like there is no stock beep?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10231545

Crazy confusing what is stock and available. Im just taking the car E46 325xi to the dealer and asking what they can do, get it to beep, flash whatever but clearly no alarm.
My car has no alarm yet the lights flash when I lock and unlock it. Twice when I unlock, once when I lock. The clown knows lights up after a few secs...

This can be programmed by the dealer. If I were to buy an alarm kit like him right now I wouldnt need to go get it programmed cause mine is already activated.

If the lights didn't flash and the clown nose didn't come on I would need to get it activated. Make sense?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #28
mamou01
1st Gear Newbie

Hello the traveller,

I bought an E46 325i 2004 last week and I had the same questionning... I went to a mechaninc and he said the alarm is on the car but the siren is not there. He said not to worry they all come like that. Lights are blinking but no sound!!! The key with the chip is quite enough as an alarm and he said no to pay $800.00 - $900.00 for a siren... Good luck

AL
mamou01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #29
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamou01 View Post
Hello the traveller,

I bought an E46 325i 2004 last week and I had the same questionning... I went to a mechaninc and he said the alarm is on the car but the siren is not there. He said not to worry they all come like that. Lights are blinking but no sound!!! The key with the chip is quite enough as an alarm and he said no to pay $800.00 - $900.00 for a siren... Good luck

AL
The chip key prevents them from starting the car, but nothing prevents them from breaking your window and stealing whatever you have inside. At least with siren, there is an audible alert to deter thieves.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #30
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
My car has no alarm yet the lights flash when I lock and unlock it. Twice when I unlock, once when I lock. The clown knows lights up after a few secs...

This can be programmed by the dealer. If I were to buy an alarm kit like him right now I wouldnt need to go get it programmed cause mine is already activated.

If the lights didn't flash and the clown nose didn't come on I would need to get it activated. Make sense?
Thanks, this is clearer than that other thread lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: