As many of you know, i've been looking to fix the rust on my car...
So finally... i've completed my DIY rust fix...
It was easy, but tideous and took a long time... Just remember that this was all done at home and it's not the greatest job in the world. But, it'll last and satisfy me.
1) Identify the rust spots.
2) Punch or sand the rust spots with 80grit teeth papers. I kept sanding until the surface is smooth, and the rust is gone.
3) BONDO. If needed, piece of metal body patch.
4) Sand the dried bondo to the shape of the car.
5) Repeat steps 3~4.
6) Tape off the repaired spots.
7) Spray paint the colour, dry, clear coat.
8) Identify small chip areas that rust. Touch up brush paint.
passenger side fender (punched and sanded)
passenger side fender, body patched and bondo'ed... repeated like 5 times...
the trunk (not punched or sanded... yes this is how i bought the car)
the trunk (sanded and a little bondo)
the trunk (metal body patch... the trunk seal was bondo'ed too later)
passenger side door bottom (sanded)
driver side bottom, along the driver side rear bottom (sanded and bondo)
passenger side rear fender (punched and sanded)
passenger side rear, below the tail light