Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #31
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Seriously, just buy a BUNCH of meat and beer. The ottawa crowd will assemble in your yard and get the 5er and your 3er completely up to snuff.

We may require tents; it might be more than a day, lol.
Haha, thats an awesome idea!! Even if I got it running 100% I think I would still end up selling it. I think I just need to move on and pick up something new.

Either way BMW wrenching or not we should definetly all get together for BBQ/ Beer's
oldskool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #32
Lee in Ottawa
5th Gear Member

I will not allow a 4cyl (s14 exempt) to take the place of the other e30 you never drive or work on. First off I know nothing about the m42 and I always seem to be the one fixing your cars. Secondly your e30 needs a few hours of love and tinkering to run cherry, and it runs fast too why downgrade? Thirdly if you bring home another e30 Dad will kill you.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #33
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Ottawa View Post
I will not allow a 4cyl (s14 exempt) to take the place of the other e30 you never drive or work on. First off I know nothing about the m42 and I always seem to be the one fixing your cars. Secondly your e30 needs a few hours of love and tinkering to run cherry, and it runs fast too why downgrade? Thirdly if you bring home another e30 Dad will kill you.
DOWNGRADE???????? wow someone's got no m42 love.....
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #34
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
DOWNGRADE????????
You're surprised to hear that a smaller, less powerful, and less expensive engine is a downgrade?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #35
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Indeed, downgrade.

Anyway.. I shall begin the chant.

bbq.

bbq.

BBQ.

BBQ!

BBQ!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #36
chromius
6th Gear Member

B
Old 08-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #37
everlast

B

Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #38
chromius
6th Gear Member

Q!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #39
dannyb
4th Gear Member

Hungry?
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #40
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
You're surprised to hear that a smaller, less powerful, and less expensive engine is a downgrade?
LOL oh man some people make me laugh.....wow I am so not going to get into this over the M42 once again....I have already posted how you can have the same or more power with little work......how the hell does price come into it, if you think the m42 is cheaper you ****ed.....this is getting old fast...bigger is not always better unless you are and over consumer brought up in the 80's who hasn't given up that mine is bigger therefor better..
Old 08-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #41
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
LOL oh man some people make me laugh.....wow I am so not going to get into this over the M42 once again....I have already posted how you can have the same or more power with little work......how the hell does price come into it, if you think the m42 is cheaper you ****ed.....this is getting old fast...bigger is not always better unless you are and over consumer brought up in the 80's who hasn't given up that mine is bigger therefor better..
ummmm except the key word in your statement is "...with a little work". Well, if you do a "little work" to the M20, then you're back to square one with the m20 still ahead.

I realize you're an M42 fan, and I'm sure it's a great engine, but don't try and make it out to be something that it's not.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #42
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
ummmm except the key word in your statement is "...with a little work". Well, if you do a "little work" to the M20, then you're back to square one with the m20 still ahead.

I realize you're an M42 fan, and I'm sure it's a great engine, but don't try and make it out to be something that it's not.
I will say the same to you, don't go calling something you know nothing about a down grade.....cause you just did what you said not to do.

I never said they are better all bmw motors are rock solid and perform....non of them should be over looked. They are different and require different work to modded......and people hate thinking they have something better and realize they just got smoked
Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #43
everlast

LOL.. easy fella! You're right, every motor has it's strong points. But when you say "realize they just got smoked".. what are you saying? An M42 would "smoke" an M20? I bet to differ.

Also remember everything is relative. If you think an e30 is fast, think again. It is a SLOW car. I recall a Top Gear episode where the E30 M3 did a lap on the track, and it was slower than a new Peugot commuter car.

Hell, the 0-60 on the 318is is slower than my wife's base model Mini Cooper. 9.3s to 8.5s, and the Cooper will turn circles around an e30 chassis. I still love the E30, but I'm under no illusion about it.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #44
everlast

Oh, and my M20 *is* faster than your M42. Always was. Chipped with exhaust it was very lively. Turbo is *VERY* lively.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #45
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

its is all relative your right.....and guy's please realize....I also own a 93 325is.....every model has its strong points.....and most cars are not left stock.....also there is more to some people then 0-60 times

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: