Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #16
DYMO
JDM soul

how much trouble would it be to convert to obd1?
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #17
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

To be honest thats getting past my knowledge, I believe its more or less changing out the intake manifold to one from an m50, but im not 100% if thats true or if there is more involved.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #18
DYMO
JDM soul

ah cool. i looked into it and apparently its a simple MAF swap. how simple that is, i dont know XD
Old 08-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
clean looking car....hope your plans for it work out.

you will have to post pics of the transformation as it progresses

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

350whp is not happening with any streetable NA BMW I-6. You're looking at LSx Vette swaps.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #21
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Nice clean E30, I almost snapped my neck when i seen it drive by @ the bbq and I was like WTF is that RHD? Ultra-unique for sure.

Just to echo what others have said, With a s52 N/A or any I-6 or 4 you're not gonna reach 350rwhp without teh booost.

I'd bet that 316 is super-light, throw in a s52 OBDI and it will be a handful!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #22
DYMO
JDM soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Nice clean E30, I almost snapped my neck when i seen it drive by @ the bbq and I was like WTF is that RHD? Ultra-unique for sure.

Just to echo what others have said, With a s52 N/A or any I-6 or 4 you're not gonna reach 350rwhp without teh booost.

I'd bet that 316 is super-light, throw in a s52 OBDI and it will be a handful!
my sentiments exactly

i'm definitely putting in a S52 now, though my friend was trying to talk me into tuning the stock engine and sticking on ITB's blah blah blah XD

im still lost for brake upgrades. any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #23
DYMO
JDM soul

so a few things have been done to the car since i bought it, and a few more things coming

for one, i stuck on a set of aftermarket rims that W2W sold me
and an engine swap. (originally suppose to get a S50 but during install they found the oilpan was cracked, so there was fear that the engine might be toast as well. suffice to say i got an upgrade)

right now i got a few parts sitting in my room waiting to go on, including a aftermarket steeringwheel (Nardi Woodgrain, classy ), ireland racing overfenders, and bits of interior trim.

im picking my car up from bimmersport this week, im looking forward to it

Old 11-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #24
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

that is looking hawt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so since i actually know how to drive RHD...think i can give your "new" a spin? unless you're putting it away for winter of course :p
Old 11-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #25
Nguyen_E30
0011 0001 1000

what motor did you swap in? s50?
Nguyen_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #26
cormier
6th Gear Member

Way to go man swap sounds awesome.... you end up getting an s50/s52 then? And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYMO View Post
- suspension and brake upgrade. what do you guys suggest?
Any thoughts as of yet? I'll be interested to see how the car handles when you get it back

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #27
DYMO
JDM soul

AHHHH time to upgrade. lean back, kick up your legs, and enjoy the story

so its been a while since i've updated everyone on whats going on with my "whip".
since i've made this thread, i've learned alot about BMW's, and E30's specifically.

i ended up putting my car away for the winter... though winter caught me off guard. i quickly learned that S52 + open 4.10 diff + first snow of the season + summer tires = bad scene.
so i put her to bed and started to do alot of researching on what to do next.
I kept her in the underground parking lot under my condo, and started her up once a week. One day in december, i returned to find HUGE dents in my passenger side. SOMEONE(S) HIT MY CAR! either it was one really bad hit+scrape, or 3 separate incidents. My fender was completely smushed in, there was a dent in the door and rear quarter panel. The worst was that they had ripped off the trim on the side, and mangled my euro metal front bumper
HOW was this possible? my super gave me the best possible spot (in a corner) yet someone managed to hit the one area that was exposted to traffic... I promptly moved my 316 aboveground and behind the condo, where there is one parking spot that is completely isolated from the rest of the parkinglot. i figured she could survive the winter as long as she sat andi didnt drive her over salt. i was right for the most part, though the paint suffered.

unfortunately i got distracted shortly after. alot happened in my life that i didnt want.
after a brief run-in with the cops, i figured it was time for a change of scene. I dropped out of art university, left my job, and basically cut all of my "friends" out of my life.

I went into hiding for a few months, and returned having found motivation to continue where i left off. I started apprenticing at a garage. We specialize in exhaust fabrication, but also do general repairs.
I also starting hoarding parts again. I picked up a 3.25 LSD, Euro Hella smoked smileys, M shift knob+boot+ebrake boot, rear disk brake conversion, fenders (to replace my destroyed fender and the rusted one on the other side), M-tech1 replica spoiler w/CF splitter, and new mirrors. I also talked with Jeff from Ireland Engineering and he agreed to trade my overfenders for his new overfenders w/recessed rivet slots straight up. So i sent them back and my new ones are currently on their way.

I also recently purchased a 1987 325ix coupe euro-spec from George at Simply Cars:

(dont mind the mismatched wheels, it didnt come with rims so i had to take the spare and fit my own wheels onto the car)

it's an amazingly clean car, though its missing the harness and ECU (which looks like they need to be ordered from germany because of the euro plugs)
Its a shame i'll be parting her out. I know, BLASPHEMY! but im tight on money. I got her for a steal, and i can get the parts i need for my 316 off the ix for MUCH cheaper than trying to source them separately (like those minty fresh euro bumpers, which are $1000 from the dealer). This also means i'll have extra parts for sale if anyone wants them
she goes up on the hoist tomorrow. but i wont let her die in vain!
she'll live on in my 316

So thats whats happened so far. What do i have planned? sandblasting all the components that have yet to go on my car (LSD, brake conversion, fenders) and get the car ready for paint. She will be repainted in Teknoviolet, with red and black(carbon fibre) accents.
Other fabrications include custom shift boot, extending Richie's SSK (ratrod/bozo style), CF side mirror deletes and custom mounted mirrors, and custom designed emblems for the hood and trunk.
in the meantime i'll be hoarding more parts, which include IE 3 springs, (undecided) shocks, watanabe RS rims, wheel stud conversion, panoramic racing mirror, CF oem-style hood, FC3S front brake conversion w/drilled corrado rotors, Recaro racing seat (in red), takata 4 point harness, and Richie's SSK.

phew... that took a while.
if you've made it this far, congrats! and thanks for reading.
i'll have more pics up as the project evolves and i come up with more crap

Last edited by DYMO; 09-24-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #28
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Sounds like it's been a hell of a year for everyone around here.

Sorry to hear about the destruction of your fender. Sounds like you have a lot to be working on over winter. Can't wait to see how she comes along!

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #29
DYMO
JDM soul

new siggy

just wanted to see what my car will look like done

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: