Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #46
jello_g
4th Gear Member
 
jello_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 720


Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
ya youre going to make some serious coin from all those pennies after you factor in the cost of the pennies, then the cost of melting them down and stripping the copper off them........
This is feasible for a large quantity of coin, not the smallish sum like the amount transacted by Jordan in the video; and if you had the appropriate technology to separate copper coins from the batch. The technology to separate base metal coinage already exists.

Did someone piss in your corn flakes this morning?
__________________
1988 BMW Dinan M3 2.6 Stage II

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 PM   #47
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member
 
bimmer318ti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: mississauga
Posts: 1,695
Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
I got a solution...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/COUNTER-COIN-OR-T...lenotsupported

LOL
__________________
Visit " My Square One Condo " for all your Mississauga condo news
bimmer318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #48
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello_g View Post
This is feasible for a large quantity of coin, not the smallish sum like the amount transacted by Jordan in the video; and if you had the appropriate technology to separate copper coins from the batch. The technology to separate base metal coinage already exists.

Did someone piss in your corn flakes this morning?

no because your post is stupid to actually think youre going to make more money, off of pounds of pennies, when its predominately Zinc.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #49
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
no because your post is stupid to actually think youre going to make more money, off of pounds of pennies, when its predominately Zinc.
Welcome to the discussion, too bad your late and missed the best part, which got cleaned up.
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #50
jello_g
4th Gear Member
 
jello_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
no because your post is stupid to actually think youre going to make more money, off of pounds of pennies, when its predominately Zinc.
I was going to post an article of the RCM's active campaign of removing base metal coinage because of the cost savings generated.

But since you can't hold a discussion in a civil manner, I decided it's not worth my time.

I'm glad you don't drive a BMW. It would be a shame to the community.
__________________
1988 BMW Dinan M3 2.6 Stage II

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #51
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
i chuckled , at what a doucebag this kid is!

W O W - WHAT A BATTLE HE JUST WON!! FREEDOM, to be a douchebag & pay people in pennies & tie up police resources/
bet some 1 was getting raped in a parking lot 2 blocks over.

heres a novel idea: dont park in towaway zones! if you do just pay the bill & get on with ur life..

4 pages over this Hot issue of true importance, now thats truely ****n epic.
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #52
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,230
I hear they want a urine sample to pay your bills now to make sure it's really you and you aren't paying with drug money...
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #53
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
i chuckled , at what a doucebag this kid is!

W O W - WHAT A BATTLE HE JUST WON!! FREEDOM, to be a douchebag & pay people in pennies & tie up police resources/
bet some 1 was getting raped in a parking lot 2 blocks over.

heres a novel idea: dont park in towaway zones! if you do just pay the bill & get on with ur life..

4 pages over this Hot issue of true importance, now thats truely ****n epic.
because they wouldn't respond to a 911 call instead if it came through.


Nice retarded assumption though
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #54
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
I hear they want a urine sample to pay your bills now to make sure it's really you and you aren't paying with drug money...
that would be something worth getting worked up over, no?
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #55
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,667
by the way, it's illegal to melt down coins
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #56
europrince
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North York
Posts: 6,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Welcome to the discussion, too bad your late and missed the best part, which got cleaned up.
ah, the sensorship
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #57
jello_g
4th Gear Member
 
jello_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
by the way, it's illegal to melt down coins
Depends which country of origin the stock is from and which country is doing the melting.

Censored thread? I'm done.
__________________
1988 BMW Dinan M3 2.6 Stage II

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #58
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello_g View Post
Depends which country of origin the stock is from and which country is doing the melting.

Censored thread? I'm done.
LOL you got the best answers.
first its; not all coins are made of zinc. true, maybe you can go through the box to find the copper ones.
second its; its not illegal in other countries!11. True, but are you going to take a Boat of coins accross the sea or over the border in a truck to melt them down and make 100$? Lol. OoooooOOOoooo

genius man.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 08-02-2009 at 06:46 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015