Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2003, 10:01 PM   #31
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
I would book my court date, or pay the fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
alright good REBUDLE!!!!!!
but you always say the same thing!!!!!!
and why woluld you book a court date if your just GONNA pay the ticket anyways!!
GOOD ONE SMARTY PANTS!!!
lol
Hmmm, read that again out loud a few times and see if it sinks in.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:06 PM   #32
Soldo
6th Gear Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, MY BAD!!!!
well SOMEONE feels like a DUMBASS (ME!!)
Old 03-11-2003, 03:32 AM   #33
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by G~G
I got a 15km/h over speed limit and I just paid it and thats it... i don't think my insurance company even found out,, cuz it didn't go up at all!!!
most insurance companies allow one grace "minor" ticket. If you get caught again they will charge you for 2 tickets and your insurance will be higher than Gladdo on a vacation in Amsterdam.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:47 AM   #34
Soldo
6th Gear Member

nope, maybe the NICE companies do it that way, but my PRICK company uped the policy on me just after ONE MINOR ticket!!
Old 03-11-2003, 04:33 AM   #35
teamsta
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
theres PLENTY OF GRAY AREA, its not just black and white man!!!
You broke the law, the police enforced it AND dropped the fine down... they did their job, that's what we want them to do right? I speed, but I don't bitch about it like a 16 year old if I get caught...

Quote:
Originally posted by Betray
i hate those pigs.. u shoulda shot him
Wow... what a moronic post.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #36
Softy
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, see he has NO IDEA how fast i was going cause he just came after me just to be a "GOOD COP" and hassle a TEEN in a car thats probably NICER THAN HIS!!!!
and yes it DOES affect my insurance cause when i got to renew it it will show up as a MINOR CONVICTION, and therefore INCRESING MY RATES!!!!!!!!
so YES i AM COMPLAINING and NO i WILL NOT PAY THE TICKET!
My take on this:
He followed you because you were leaving the vacinity of a bar. I think this is a better way to catch potential drunk drivers then following people leaving a church. I can almost garantee he didn't give a second thought about what kind of car you drive, if anything he thought it was your parents car anyways. Grow up, just because you drive a bmw doesn't make you special.

If you were doing 85 in a 60 zone, even without a radar he could tell you were speeding. When he asked you about it you said you didn't know how fast you were going... ie stating you were not paying attention while driving. Never a good idea.

Finally, insurance companies base their prices according to risk... you my friend are a high risk client. You colourfully pointed out to the whole board in your post saying how not everyone can follow the speed limit and think you should be able to push your car to its max potential. You don't respect the speed limits which are posted for your own safety. You deserve to pay more! Because of people like you my rates go up too because I get classified as high risk also because I'm a young male. Quit whining, I think it's the rest of the board that should be b!tching about you causing our rates to go up. Next time just leave home 5 minutes earlier and follow the speed limit.

You broke the rules. Plain and simple.
Softy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:16 AM   #37
teamsta
1st Gear Newbie

Amen
Old 03-12-2003, 03:30 AM   #38
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Softy
My take on this:
He followed you because you were leaving the vacinity of a bar. I think this is a better way to catch potential drunk drivers then following people leaving a church. I can almost garantee he didn't give a second thought about what kind of car you drive, if anything he thought it was your parents car anyways. Grow up, just because you drive a bmw doesn't make you special.

If you were doing 85 in a 60 zone, even without a radar he could tell you were speeding. When he asked you about it you said you didn't know how fast you were going... ie stating you were not paying attention while driving. Never a good idea.

Finally, insurance companies base their prices according to risk... you my friend are a high risk client. You colourfully pointed out to the whole board in your post saying how not everyone can follow the speed limit and think you should be able to push your car to its max potential. You don't respect the speed limits which are posted for your own safety. You deserve to pay more! Because of people like you my rates go up too because I get classified as high risk also because I'm a young male. Quit whining, I think it's the rest of the board that should be b!tching about you causing our rates to go up. Next time just leave home 5 minutes earlier and follow the speed limit.

You broke the rules. Plain and simple.
SORRY OFFICER!
It'll NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!
i mean FUK YOU!
some of us DO get judged just because of the car we drive i never said HALF the things that you claim i said, but THANKS FOR PUTTIN WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!
and i appologize for incresing your insurance rates since your SUCH A PERFECT DRIVER!!!!!!!!
again, I APPOLOGIZE!!!!!!!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:33 AM   #39
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
SORRY OFFICER!
It'll NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!
i mean FUK YOU!
some of us DO get judged just because of the car we drive i never said HALF the things that you claim i said, but THANKS FOR PUTTIN WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!
and i appologize for incresing your insurance rates since your SUCH A PERFECT DRIVER!!!!!!!!
again, I APPOLOGIZE!!!!!!!
LOL..very confusing..?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:35 AM   #40
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
So let me get this straight . Just because everyone else speeds. It is ok . YOU said you were doing like 85. Yet still like a kid your complaining about the ticket. You "were" speeding. Screw the grey area or the eyeballing!. You were speeding and got ticket you probably deserved.Plus he lowered so it dosent affect your points. It is not like he was hunting you. Give us a break. Your insurance is unfortunate but you got caught. Besides rates for younge drivers are what they are for exactly the mentality your showing by crying "I BROKE THE LAW BUT SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE SO IT"S OK".
BTW>>>>>>FLAME AWAY!! >>>LET YOUR IMMATURITY SHOW

Last edited by Jase; 03-12-2003 at 03:52 AM.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #41
Soldo
6th Gear Member

i was refering to SOFTY as being a POILICE officer with his SOFT ASS cryin about how hes a PERFECT DRIVER and its MY fault (or people LIKE me) that his insurance rates are high, and how i'm a HIGH RISK DRIVER cause i only have ONE ticket against me for NOT HAVING INSURANCE ON ME!!
so CLEARLY you can ALL see that since i don't have a piece of paper with me at all times in my car, i am a HAZARD on the road!!
Old 03-12-2003, 04:47 AM   #42
teamsta
1st Gear Newbie

Well believe it or not, he represents the majority of people. When you hit your 16th Birthday maybe you will see the world from a more realistic, and less self centered view. There's no death penalty for going 80 in a 60 zone, but it's also not the end of the world if the police actually do their job and give you a ticket that you deserve! If you were more mature you could admit that to yourself....
Old 03-12-2003, 06:48 AM   #43
Foc us
4th Gear Member

No point arguing soldomatic, they have a point!
On the other hand, yeah officers like to challenge people with their stare, they looked at your car and judge if you're rich enough to buy a nice looking car. And believe me, they can stop you with no reasons at all, as long as you looked "suspicious" ( which comes to their own BS judgement). Maybe they have to fill that month's quota, or maybe your car was on their little black list (rumour)!
All I can say is you're at a wrong place at a wrong time, fight it or not fight it, it's up to you but no point arguing further more, especially you might ticked off one of the officers in Max and he decided to let every officer know your plate number, why cause more trouble? Just be cool and do whatever you have to do.
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:57 PM   #44
Soldo
6th Gear Member

whatever!!
i know there are people that agree with me!!
and i know what happened, the cop was a JERK end of story, you know there IS such a thing as a BAD COP!!!
and he was ONE!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #45
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Amen.......May this issue rest in peace......
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: