Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2003, 04:39 AM   #1
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Angry Dick Police Stirke Again!! Help!!!!!!!

Well i got my FIRST speeding ticket one SATURDAY!!
allow me to start this story, i was picking up food for my mom at this CROATIAN bar place, on tomken, and as i was leaving this cop starts eyein me!!
as i drove by him he just gave me a HUGE STARE DOWN!!!
so as i was driving down TOMKEN i wasn't speeding that bad probably around 85 and it was a 60 zone i beleive!!
so ANYWAYS, i kept lookin in my rear view mirror and i didn't see any police, then as i was about to make a LEFT onto COURTNEYPARK i signaled and all and the light was red, so as i look in my mirror i see the cop FLY UP to the light looked like he was in a rush, so i notice its the SAME COP from the CROATIAN BAR, and he was still eyeing me, i thought nothing of it cause he was in the fast lane and i was in the turning lane!!
so as the light turns green i make a LEFT and he cuts off some guy in the turning lane and gets behind me, i knew what was gonna happen next, he busts on the lights and i pull over, he asks me for liscence and all and asks me why i was coming from the BAR!! asks me if i knew how fast i was going, i said no i was paying attention to the road!!
so then he tells me i was doing 90 in a 60 zone!!
and he asks me if i've ever been in trouble with the law, i answered NO, and then he comes back with a ticket for doing 10km/h OVER!!!!!!!!
saying i did 70 in a 60 zone and its only a 50 doller fine!!
well, what to do, i'm gonna go fight it cause i won't let him win cause he was just being a DICK!!!
but i wanna know what i can say!!
cause i can't have this ticket my insurance will SKY ROCKET if i loose, HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:45 AM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

go to court, and ask to see when the radar was calibrated, if its past a year then you are free, and if he fails to show the papers your good to go...good luck!

thank marecar for that tip

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:11 AM   #3
Soldo
6th Gear Member

i don't think i radar was involved, cause he wasn't RADARING ME!!!!
he just was following me i guess, and saw i was going faster than other traffic!!
this guy was out SOLELY TO GET ME!!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:49 AM   #4
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Jerks.....you can never get rid or 'em......**sigh
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:59 AM   #5
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
i don't think i radar was involved, cause he wasn't RADARING ME!!!!
he just was following me i guess, and saw i was going faster than other traffic!!
this guy was out SOLELY TO GET ME!!
It was an experience just like this that turned me into the pig-hater that I am today Dont get me wrong, we have beaten the good cop/bad cop topic to death here and I think we all know that the type of pigs that pull stunts like this ARE NOT the same cops that bust drug dealers and put murderers behind bars.

but back OT, You my friend must go to a first appearance meeting, they will most likely drop it all together if you dont have any previous convictions.
This pig has just screwed you. He has no proof of how fast you were going but check the bottom right of your ticket. Did he mark it with a big "R"? This means he REDUCED the speed that he allegedly caught you at , thus the prosecutor will be hesitant to lower it when it comes time to meet the judge.
If it comes down to you vs. him in front of a judge (dont worry it never does) he will lie, he may accuse you of driving erratically or at EXTREME speeds.

sorry this happened to you.. you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:34 AM   #6
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
Did he mark it with a big "R"? This means he REDUCED the speed that he allegedly caught you at
You just gave me a new meaning for the R emblem!
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:07 AM   #7
Gamite

Someting like that happened to me, I was FLYING along dixie on the bridge over the 401. and when I was almost over, what did I see? a cruiser comming off the highway! I was like, OH SHIT, So I hammered the brakes till I got down to 70, and I stayed on the limit, the crusier pulled around two cars, and right up on my ass, "I was thinking oh shit, he got me for sure" but I made a right and pulled into Husky (where I worked at the time) and he didn't follow.... whew. talk about lucky. (knock on wood)

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:01 PM   #8
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
Someting like that happened to me, I was FLYING along dixie on the bridge over the 401. and when I was almost over, what did I see? a cruiser comming off the highway! I was like, OH SHIT, So I hammered the brakes till I got down to 70, and I stayed on the limit, the crusier pulled around two cars, and right up on my ass, "I was thinking oh shit, he got me for sure" but I made a right and pulled into Husky (where I worked at the time) and he didn't follow.... whew. talk about lucky. (knock on wood)
When they follow you like that, they’re running your plate, and checking the drivers’ license of the owner of the car. And if they’re being thorough, will see if the driver matches the description of the owner. If the owner of the car &/or the plate of the car have any questionable history, or arn't the owner of the car, get ready for the red lights.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #9
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Sorry, but you "weren't speeding too badly, around 85 in a 60 zone?"

What do you consider badly, if not nearly 50% over the speed limit?

Sorry bud, but having the ticket already knocked down to 10 Km/h over is lucky for you. Pay the $50 and get on with it.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:52 PM   #10
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
fight the ticket, you'll probably win anyway, the cop more than likely wont show up for a $50 ticket. Even if you lose, it's only $50, i wish my tickets were only $50, mine were over $300

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #11
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Dude, why were you mad at the cop? You broke the law, and now you have to face the consequences. Why would you speed right after you saw a cop anyway??
Old 03-10-2003, 03:01 PM   #12
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

most of you guys know i got my ticket, im booking the court date today too but i dunno what to say abotu the radar...hey jon, do i say exactly what you wrote above?!?
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #13
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Just go schedule a firt appearance meeting. It'll be quick and painless, they'll probably drop it in there.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:34 PM   #14
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
**** that pig.. you should said i wasnt speeding.. not i was paying attention to the road.. now he can bs any answer he wants on you...

i hate those pigs.. u shoulda shot him
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #15
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
I'm with mkgino on this one, why the fu*k would you speed if you saw a cop right there that was lookinng at you?
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: