Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Porter86
shiftin gears

Send a message via MSN to Porter86
3rd Annual Crussin' for a Cure Canada

Alright ladies and Gents of maX, on Sun Sept 13th 2009 at Chinguacousy Park in Brampton, is the 3rd Annual Crussin' for a Cure Canada. This is a ONE day only car show, intended to increase the awareness of Prostate Cancer, hosted by US TOO! Brampton-Prostate Cancer Support. The gates open at 7:30am, and show hours are 10am-4pm. There will be a nice variety of cars for everyone to enjoy, and plenty of car related vendors set up. There is no registration fee this year, aside from park entrance fee, but donations are greatly appreciated. Donations of 20$ and over does grant you a tax receipt. And for every 25$ collected, will pay for someones, or maybe your free blood test that day. All proceeds are going to the Wellspring Chinguacousy which is one of the six Wellsprings Cancer Support Centers in Ontario.

The park is fairly simple to get to. The address is 9050 Bramalea Road, Brampton, ON L6S 6G7. Nearest intersection is Bramalea Rd, and Queen St E. The Parks in the North West corner.(see map) I am seeing what I could possibly do to set up for cruise before hand, or find a restaurant near by where we could meet and get breakfast. It is strongly urged that we arrive in a group and not to separated, cause they just put the cars in order as they arrive to the park, this way we could hopefully take up a couple rows back to back! A cruise would be nice but it would be a short and early cruise and it would probably all be city streets,lol(if someone has an idea fell free to say so). All that's needed for registration, is to fill out theses next couple lines and email me (Matt) @ mporter86@rogers.blackberry.net or e46330i@hotmail.com . This "registration" is for the paper that will display your car info(if you do email me, please let me know your user name as well):

Owner(s):
Make:
Model:
Year:
Vehicle name/Custom plate:
Club affiliation: maXbimmer, (any others like bcc n what not)
Stock/Custom:

and if you want, add your email for info on other shows.

There is going to be 20 People’s Choice awards that will be presented at 3 p.m. As well there will be trophies for Ladies’ Choice, Kids’ Choice and Most Active Club(I'm sure maXbimmer can get that one).

There's more on the website about the show and what the goal is and stats from other shows. All that can be found at www.cruisinforacurecanada.com

If you would like to set up a vendor spot there please contact Jim Dorsey by email @ jim.dorsey@ustoo-brampton.com or phone @ 905-453-3038.

Bomber-Gal-2009.png

park circled.jpg

flyer as pic.jpg

Want to start a list on the thread as well like all other events, so just copy and paste please:

1: Porter86
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:

If anyone has an ideas for a mini cruise or a restaurant that we could meet at for breakfast feel free to bring it up.
Porter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Magical24
2nd Gear Member

Hey Matt if i dont have to go to Europe that month then im in just remind me in a bit lol or before i miss the sign ups
Magical24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Porter86
shiftin gears

sweet keep posted.

We are looking at having over 500 cars, we made a connection with the classic car group that meets at Sherway Canadian Tire on saturdays, and there all going to come out. Its should really be a great time, hope some of you are interested!!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Porter86
shiftin gears

no one? seriously???
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
pawcio
6th Gear Member

i just saw this today for the first time. i can't say for sure now but i'll keep the date in mind.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter86 View Post
no one? seriously???
you should have bumped this thread weeks ago if you wanted people's attention, the last time I remember seeing this thread was over a month ago.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I will probably come shoot the event for my blog. Am I reading correctly that to enter a car/team is free?

I could see about getting some TorontoMazda3 members to come out.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
Porter86
shiftin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
you should have bumped this thread weeks ago if you wanted people's attention, the last time I remember seeing this thread was over a month ago.
I wasn't around couple weeks ago bump it. Figured it would've had some interest while away.

Yeah entrance is free...have to go to the website n send in the registration form, the only fee is park entrance fee.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: