Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

s54 swap?

hey guys.. i have been looking for some info on an s54 swap into a non m but i havent been getting that much out of it, so i was hoping that you guys could help me out.. so i have sourced a engine, ecu, and rear subframe with lsd.. what else do i need to do the conversion. im guessing radiator, fuel pump, tranny, clutch, flywheel. I am planning to use the 6 speed manual tranny to keep things simple. but this will all be going into my 05 320i sedan. I know i will need an ews with a matching key. but it also has to match the ecu right? so basically im screwed unless i get it from bmw which will cost millions.. so i am also doing research for bypassing ews, and found a few solutions which do not seem to be too complex. thanks for your help!
rider-. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Tom
4th Gear Member

pm

hey man not many ppl have done this, kev on the forum has tho kevin325, anyways its kind of a bitch if the engine doesnt include ECU or DME, Im prety sure DME is not that exspensive if needs to be reprogrammed but the ECU good luck its millions like you said... but this swap is 10+ g and one month of hard labour that isnt easy if your not a mechanic good luck! you need the trailing arms... I think everything else you covered, also you need the DSC instead of our cars that have ASC... I would go buy a m3 especially since ur car is a 4dr, but its your money do what you want with it!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
piotrek636
formerly Lucky

dont do it !

half decent M3's are going for about low $20 K's now.

sell your car and add some $$ and buy the M3. TRUST ME !

and Kevin is a brave guy with deep pockets
piotrek636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

the thing is i am getting a s54 longblock wiht all manifolds and stuff.. plus the m3 rear subframe and all for a steal of a price... (under 2000$) so this is the only reason that i wanna do the swap, I have great mechanic skills and have 2 -3 mechanic friends who will be assisting me with the swap, these mechanics do a minimum of 1 engine swap every week but have never done this particular swap so i thought id ask you guys. Also a main factor in this decision is I am 21 years of age, and insurance companies like to rape me with a giant black dildo up my ass. with the 320 insurance i wont have to worry about this. Plus i feel it will be amazing to have maximum sleeper status in my 4 door sedan
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

also, on another note, i have almost completed my m60 swap, which I was also told not to do because of cash reasons, but it has almost been completed for under 5000$
Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Tom
4th Gear Member

Lol

holly shit dude, 2 gs for all that... I would question if its stolen or not. honestly if its not the person selling you it better be your dad or family or there crazy in the head rich! Somethings who cares if you buy something and its cheap cuz its stolen right but trust me bro if it is you will get raped by an even bigger dildo by the police once they look in your engine bay and find a stolen engine, I actually know a guy who bought a type r motor and tranny and got ****ed in the ass by a road side checkup (he said over 100 ricers were pulled over checking for illegal/stolen parts) because it was stolen and the sad part is he paid full price and didnt even know it was stolen!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member

^^^ Lol, Tom this isnt an everyday occurence, once in your entire life you will probably ever get pulled for an engine vin swap, if you actually think this will happen to you in a beamer you are crazy, i would laugh at an officer if he tried to pull some shit like that. With a 320i e46 he isnt attracting that much attention.

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.

This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
Tom
4th Gear Member

lol

Idn man it could happen! Im just saying becareful where you buy shit from, not just cuz it could b stolen but the motor could be seized or something to, anyways I dont know where buddys getting these parts from but 2gs or less for all those parts is INSANE... o well dont say i didnt warn you if u get raped by the popos, Also I have been pulled over myself and a cop saw my smoked out tails/exhaust and questioned me about my hids and all my guages and shit... just shit you dont want to deal with, anyways its all good if he gets the parts and installs it himself, your right theres not to much chances of him getting inspected but you never know! especially if he does the quad exhaust conversion, youd be suprised some cops are BMW fans to they know whats up! enough rambling.... lol
Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

well how much can i get for the complete swap... engine, tranny, all computers, ews, keys, rear subframe complete... im leaning towards not doing the swap anymore and getting an NSX.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 AM   #10
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

There is NO way anyone will sell you a legit S54 swap for under $2K, even if they were on some serious crack!!! But if your are ok with buying someones stolen motor, then you are all good!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #11
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

the swap actually was given to a friend as payment and my friend was urging me to do the swap so he was practically giving it to me at that price. but now i told him to just sell it for regular price since i decided not to do the swap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: