Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

UFO lands in ottawa river!?

aliens in ottawa?

Quote:
Object found at site of Ottawa R. search
But crews don't yet know what it is after reports of possible crash

Rescue workers searching the Ottawa River say they have found something -- they don't know what -- in the area where dozens of people reported noise, lights and a possible crash on Monday night.

During a media update around 1:30 p.m., Ottawa police Const. Alain Boucher said officers have located a large object about 30 feet below the surface, but they don't know what it is. They're hoping an underwater camera will identify the object. No police divers have entered the water.

Searchers have spent all day trying to determine what, if anything, crashed in to the Ottawa River near the Deschenes Rapids at about 10 p.m. on Monday. Dozens of witnesses reported they saw lights and heard a loud bang, or other noises, at about 10 p.m. Some thought it might be a small plane crashing. Others wonder if it was just fireworks. One witness speculates it could have been a meteorite.

Their calls sent emergency crews from Ottawa and Gatineau racing to the area, and sparked a search which lasted several hours before being called off. Today, crews are back on the river, including a search and rescue chopper from CFB Trenton.

"We heard a very loud sound, the first time I heard something that loud," said Lola Saadi, who lives in Parkway Towers not far from the river edge.

Police said their original reports were that something appeared to be hitting the water just before 10 p.m. in the area of the Ottawa River Parkway near the Britannia Yacht Club and the Deschenes Rapids.

A search crew Monday night spotted something in the water and police Tuesday were investigating to see if it was anything significant. Otherwise, there is no physical evidence of an aircraft crash.

Const. Alain Boucher, spokesman for Ottawa police, said there were enough credible reports to send rescue and recovery resources to the river.

Just before noon, police were preparing to send out sonar equipment. The river in the area is between four feet and about 23 feet deep.

This morning fire department boats, as well as the Ottawa police marine unit, joined by Gatineau police, are involved in the search. Ottawa police weren't sure if they would be able to send divers in because the current might be too strong. Officers do have an underwater camera on the boat.

Other witnesses offered varying thoughts about what they saw and heard.

"Around 10 p.m. I heard a noise sounded like a loud bang," said Bill Fung, who lives along McEwen St. overlooking the Ottawa River Parkway. "My roommate said that could be an explosion from fireworks."

"I too heard a very loud bang preceded by a brief whistling noise which made me think, at first, that it was fireworks," said Jeffrey Vachon, who lives near the river in Aylmer. "However, I strongly suspect that what occurred was not a plane crash but rather a meteroite hitting somewhere near the Deschenes Rapids/Ottawa River area."

He said the noises were so loud it sounded "as if it happened next door from my home."

Paramedics at the scene last night during the first search said they had multiple eyewitnesses report they heard a big bang and saw an explosion over the water.

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa.../10283071.html
that would be cool if it was infact a metorite.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

neat story... I wish I had scuba gear
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

Apparently the comments on the Ottawa Citizen's story regarding this are hil-ar-i-ous.
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

news last night said it was probally fireworks.
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: