Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Garbage strike, who's in the loop?

I have a question about the rules on the temporary garbage drop off...

As far as I know (from the city web site..), you're allowed to bring in garbage that you would normally put out in your residential garbage pickup (no industrial stuff, but just random garbage from your house that can't be recycled or placed in the green bin), as well as "green bin" stuff (ie. organics). And you're supposed to keep your recycling / yard waste at home I guess until they start picking that up again.

I've dropped off garbage succesfully at one site, where they were normal and didn't bother me (I just had 2 bags, threw them in like others were doing and left). This was at the beginning of the strike.

Anyways, today I went to a different one (at Lakeshore and Windermere) to drop off 2 more bags. One bag was filled with only organic green bin stuff. The other bag was just normal dry household garbage. They took the one I had the green bit stuff in no problem but the guy wouldn't take my other one.

He basically asked me what it was in there and I said just garbage from my house, nothing wet (as that stuff goes in green bin). He said they don't take that. He said they only take "kitchen stuff", stuff that's smelly, etc. He said for normal garbage (that one would put in the garbage bin on garbage day) I just have to keep it at my house, since it doesn't smell, and refused to take it.

Now, I didn't really want to talk back because I didn't really follow what they are supposed to take, and I don't like to argue when I don't even know what I'm talking about so I just left and took it to another site.

But anyways, now that I went home I looked online and I can't seem to find any truth to what he's saying. So can someone tell me if he's right, or if he's being a huge asshole ?

He kept on talking about how this is only for "emergency garbage" that will stink up the house, etc, and I asked him what I"m supposed to do with normal garbage then, and he said to keep it at home until garbage collection starts again. The problem with that is that a) I don't want to have a dump in my house / yard because these ****s are on strike, and b) I can only fit 2 garbage bags in the garbage bin for my house, for anymore I have to pay. So, if this keeps going on for a while I can't just simply put it in my garbage bin, I would have to buy more tags to put on the extra bags that I have stockpiled, which is complete bullshit as that s hit should have been picked up for free if it hadn't piled up at my house due to the strike.

Thing is, it didn't say any of that on the website... and I'm kind of pissed off now, since he should have taken my ****ing household garbage...

Edit: I actually just saw that if you have extra garbage when it resumes again you don't have to use tags, they'll take it for free. But my other point still stands.

Last edited by BlitzSix; 07-16-2009 at 07:36 PM.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

pfff..... shoud've just left it there and drive off...
Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
xlash
Still learning....

That's crafty harassment from what I can tell. But I have heard of picketeers pulling out car mirrors and harassing pregnant women. At the start of the strike most Torontonians sided with them because of their dislike for David Miller but thanks to some of the these specimens the city residents are absolutely fedup with their nonsense.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
www.trashtoronto.com

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
I have heard of picketeers pulling out car mirrors and harassing pregnant women.

wtf?! strike or no strike, you pull my mirror, I pull your head out of your shoulders...

off topic a little, there are 2 smoking hot young chicks picketting in front of Etobicoke Civic Centre (West Mall/Burnhamthorpe), well, not eally picketting, just sitting on lawn chairs tanning IN THEIR BIKINIS....well worth driving by!!!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I probably would have just left it there. **** him.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I would have left it there. Waht could he do?

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

I would take it to city hall and drop it at their front door.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
Miguel
...Delt Smash

you realize its management working at the actual dumpsites, not union people right?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

God bless etobicoke!!!
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
I text you to pick up my garbage IVAN... drunk falker!
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
God bless etobicoke!!!
Thank super-conservative Doug Holyday for outsourcing Garbage in that region.
Quote:
Doug Holyday is a city councillor in Toronto, Canada, who represents Ward 3 which is part of Etobicoke Centre. He was the last mayor of the former city of Etobicoke, which was merged into Toronto subsequent to the 1997 municipal elections. He was also a member of the Metropolitan Toronto Council from 1994 to 1997, and previously served as an Etobicoke councillor for nine years. One of Toronto council's staunchest conservatives, he is noted for his fiscal conservatism and tendency to oppose public spending measures.

Holyday has lived his entire life in Etobicoke, and was a successful businessman before entering political life.

In addition to his fiscal conservatism, Holyday has also supported conservative policies in other fields. He has proposed removing the homeless from Nathan Phillips Square, and was the only member of council not to vote for a resolution describing homelessness as a national disaster. He once castigated plans to close certain streets in downtown Toronto for a "car-free day" as "catastrophic", saying that that would have a negative impact on businesses. Holyday also supported reducing the number of councillors, and voted against childcare subsidies. He also voted against holding an inquiry into the MFP computer leasing scandal. In 2003, Now Magazine cited this voting pattern in naming Holyday Toronto's worst councillor.[1]

Holyday ran for the Legislative Assembly of Ontario as a Progressive Conservative candidate in the 1987 provincial election, but lost to Liberal Linda LeBourdais by over 6,000 votes. He was asked to run for the Tories in the 2003 provincial election, but declined.

Holyday did not face serious opposition in the 2003 municipal election or the 2006 municipal election and has been re-elected without difficulty.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #13
daytona
6th Gear Member

At the Ingram drop off I seen a elderly italian women gave hell to two fat striking workers stopping her from dropping off more than 3 bags,she had maybe at most 5 bags.The scum strikers blocked her from dropping off the other two bags and she yelled at them in english and italian and everyone behind her started to yell at workers also.The union rep there tried to explain their "issues" and she told them to "F off".Really come on she was waiting for over an hour and she must have been at least 70 years old,why does unions think they are entitled to items when %90 of the other residence are suffering thru a recession.Yes Miller screwed up by giving the rest of the unions a raise during a recession but it must stop some where.%70 of the city budget goes to wages.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by punnzzells View Post
I text you to pick up my garbage IVAN... drunk falker!
My buisness partner is taking care of it for a few days, i gotta do my ****ing PST returns

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
well get off of max and get down here...
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: