Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #16
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

You can carry a baseball in your car legally. If you pull out the bat and start threatening people with it, now it becomes a weapon. The same goes for golf clubs, hockey sticks, 2x4 piece of wood, tire iron etc.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #17
daytona
6th Gear Member

If its good enough for Rodney King its good enough for me.Plus you can actually use it in a emergency...these bad boys also comes in a 7D set up.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

fuuu feel like this thread should be a poll:
how many have had their vehicles searched on some cops 'intuition' basically for no reason at all?

Supreme court quashes drug conviction (35kilo's of Coke) over illegal search

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...socialcomments
the comment section is interesting.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

its not illegal...

i crossed the BORDER with nothing in my trunk but a sub box and a baseball bat in plain sight.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #20
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeker View Post
i don't understand why so many of you carry this stuff and never use it. What is your intention? It's as though down the road you anticipate the probability of encountering a confrontation at some point. If you keep this sort of thought in your mind or even in the back of your mind long enough eventually you'll attract this situation. Is this something you really want?
+ 1
Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #21
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
Jail time ain't worth winning the arguement!!! If you find youself regulalry in a posotion where U need to defend yourself to that extent, maybe it's time to change where U hang out or maybe it's you that needs to change..... Almost 50 now and have never found myself in a position that can't be talked through...... That is an alternative.... talking!!! try it next time b4 you reach for a weapon of any nature (and yes I have guns in the house; for hunting, not protection) and always a bseball bat in the trunk (for ball, not defence)....
nachos23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #22
Ihavenocar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
I don't understand why so many of you carry this stuff and never use it. What is your intention? It's as though down the road you anticipate the probability of encountering a confrontation at some point. If you keep this sort of thought in your mind or even in the back of your mind long enough eventually you'll attract this situation. Is this something you really want?
-10 its not the fact that you are looking for trouble its just a matter of being prepared for anything because you never know what will happen like a girl carrying pepper spray or even carrying around first aid ... not that u expect to be harmed its just for the odd time that this may possibly happen
Ihavenocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
tdotbimmer
2nd Gear Member

BMW comes standard with some deadly tools in the tools compartment.

Tire rod.
Phillips screw driver
Pliers

Plus a can of MAF cleaner, WD40 should help when the car breaks down.

1992 E31 850I aka M3'S FATHER -- Brilliant Red/Black Interior
2 Wallets' List:
19" DPE LS15 - 19X8 F | 19X10 R | NITTO INVO 245/35/19 F | 285/30/19 R
2002 E46 aka M3'S STEP SON -- Topaz Blue Exterior/Tan Interior
tdotbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #24
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavenocar View Post
-10 its not the fact that you are looking for trouble its just a matter of being prepared for anything because you never know what will happen like a girl carrying pepper spray or even carrying around first aid ... not that u expect to be harmed its just for the odd time that this may possibly happen
+1... i've heard of some pretty crazy confrontation of people coming up to someone's car. so if you have something, at least you can some what protect yourself.

its like americans carrying guns around with them, but just as serious lol.
ProStreetDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
Please show me the law that states its illegal? What kind of a country do you think we live in? Most of the time i carry a m16-14sf knife on me, a weapon is defined as a tool used to harm someone else, just because i have a knife/bat/golf club doesnt mean im going to use it to harm someone else. Ill challenge any police officer anyday of the week on this subject, there is no law against carrying an item. Hell did you even know a person can carry a rifle as long as the magazine is out of the rifle, the mag can hold ammunition and be in the person pocket while the rifle on the persons back, yes, im not shitting you, its legal, might get you looks, but its legal. Note for this example you have to have your firearms licence to acquire said rifle.

Ignorance =/= law

Pay a ****ing lawyer you dipshit, i'm not looking up the law for you. My lawyer told me this herself, she doesn't lie to me.

And no, even with your PAL you cannot "carry" a rifle around with you, you dipshit, you can only have it with you if you're transporting it to a range.

seriously. dipshits. they're ****ing everywhere.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #26
noid
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
Pay a ****ing lawyer you dipshit, i'm not looking up the law for you. My lawyer told me this herself, she doesn't lie to me.

And no, even with your PAL you cannot "carry" a rifle around with you, you dipshit, you can only have it with you if you're transporting it to a range.

seriously. dipshits. they're ****ing everywhere.
You must clearly be mistaking a Pal for an RPAL, in which case you need a Authorization to transport (att) to transport your pistols and restricted guns, by the most direct route to and from the range.

You sir are the dipshit, learn your rights.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #27
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #28
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
no. i dont want to learn shit.

I dont want someone getting ****ing arrested for following your (wrong) advice.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 AM   #29
xlash
Still learning....

Why not go take some kick boxing lessons? Or any kind of martial arts. That will be good for you mentally and physically. You'll be taught to avoid and keep out of confrontation and if need be you can defend yourself against somebody with a baseball bat.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #30
Rice
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
If its good enough for Rodney King its good enough for me.Plus you can actually use it in a emergency...these bad boys also comes in a 7D set up.

I have one of these too. These things are bright and have great range! I guess it's good to use as a weapon of defense too
Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: