Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #106
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

what's the place called??
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #107
brunp
2nd Gear Member

edp82, could you provide details on the manufacturer....this may help moving this forward....

Paul
brunp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #108
edp82
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edp82 View Post
here's a link to the website...

http://www.cf-tec.com/imagegallery.html

http://www.cf-tec.com/Products/Auto.htm

CF Technologies has been manufacturing carbon fiber hoods and trunks for over 5 years now. We have not only manufactured components for the automotive enthusiast down the street, but we have been the exclusive supplier for several major North America brands. Now we are striving to reduce the middle players and give you the end user a better more affordable price.

Each and ever automotive component is hand crafted in North America to ensure and maintain a high quality aftermarket component. We do not import containers from overseas with low end quality parts to ensure we get a high mark up on our customers. From start to finish our products are manufactured in house. We start by building the molds for the surfaces, and then we manufacture a few parts for testing and fitting before we release it to our customers.

Our carbon fiber components start with a proprietary clear coat mix, which gives the product its first protective layer from the elements and the sun it is fully UV stable and will not yellow cloud or become extremely brittle with a change in climate. This proprietary coating is easily drilled, sanded or filed if needed for things such as hood washer nozzle installations. The core layer consists of a 5.7oz twill style aerospace grade carbon fiber fabric that is made in the USA. In the case of automotive hoods and trunks we bond a fiber glass inner frame to this top surface to give it some rigidity. All of our inner frames have more than 95% of the OE frame structure still in place to ensure a solid finished product. Please review our key features below and then see how we stack up against our competition.
please see above
Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #109
brunp
2nd Gear Member

bump...I want this to happen....deposits, please make their way to edp82.

For those that didn't have not sent in their deposits, are you guys in it?

paul
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #110
thatguy
1st Gear Newbie

tell the company to setup a paypal account. they will have my payment on the same day.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #111
brunp
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
tell the company to setup a paypal account. they will have my payment on the same day.
could you perhaps call them to determine if they are willing to do this? Contact info should be readily available....

Paul
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #112
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Whats the price for an e39 M5 CF hood?
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #113
brunp
2nd Gear Member

so is everyone just giving up on this? Come on....this is for an "E36 coupe" hood. Fits the convertible since it is the same part number. Spring is around the corner......

I will be really disappointed if this doesn't happen.....
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #114
edp82
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunp View Post
so is everyone just giving up on this? Come on....this is for an "E36 coupe" hood. Fits the convertible since it is the same part number. Spring is around the corner......

I will be really disappointed if this doesn't happen.....
unfortunately with the lack of interest now this deal has fell through...

you should put a stop payment on the cheque you mailed... i'll mail it back to you.

im taking my car out of storage for April 1st, and thus my hood will not be available to make a mold.... if anyone else has a spare hood we can continue this project into the summer... the manufacturer is ready to start when we have the 6 deposits.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #115
brunp
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
unfortunately with the lack of interest now this deal has fell through...

you should put a stop payment on the cheque you mailed... i'll mail it back to you.

im taking my car out of storage for April 1st, and thus my hood will not be available to make a mold.... if anyone else has a spare hood we can continue this project into the summer... the manufacturer is ready to start when we have the 6 deposits.
grunt, grunt, grunt.....this is disappointing as the price point was sooooo good.

You have my mailing address, I assume....and thanks...

Paul
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #116
Eurotakeover
BMW Obsessed

as soon as I find another job... you got me!

if anyone wants to donate a hood?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #117
edp82
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunp View Post
grunt, grunt, grunt.....this is disappointing as the price point was sooooo good.

You have my mailing address, I assume....and thanks...

Paul
if you want i can hold the cheque until further notice... we might have something take off in the spring... its your call.. pm me yer address again.

thanks
eric
Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #118
VKInnovation
1st Gear Newbie

Hey if anyone is still interested in doing a E36 group buy I can help out. I work at CF Tec part time and will be handling things like this for them.

Organizing and handling group buys, big orders, customer service via email etc etc. I'm working as a afiliate of CF Tec as VK Innovations. I mainly do Subaru related work and some other unique stuff.

But I'm here to help!

So let me know and we can get this going again.

Oh Eric, never let you but I see your ride at your work all time time. If you see a red Subaru Forester in the afternoons, that's me Come talk to me if there's anything.

Cheers
Vince
VKInnovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #119
brunp
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
if you want i can hold the cheque until further notice... we might have something take off in the spring... its your call.. pm me yer address again.

thanks
eric
I just recently found a cF hood out in Kingston that I am getting for $400 and am picking up in a little over a week. Thanks though.....much appreciated.

Paul

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: