Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
xlash
Still learning....

WTB: multi unit (rental) property in or near Hamilton

Let me know if you know somebody who is selling/wants to sell a multi unit property that can used for rental purposes in Hamilton or nearby areas such as Burlington, Ancaster etc.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

not being a smartass, but why don't you just look on MLS.ca?
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

^thread./
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
LOL exactly!

MLS's reach is a lot larger than that of this forum. Please go find a realtor!
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
I am looking at MLS. But there are private listings outside MLS too despite it being relatively small. If there's an opportunity to bypass the 8% realtor fees why not capitalize on it?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
atm2000
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
I am looking at MLS. But there are private listings outside MLS too despite it being relatively small. If there's an opportunity to bypass the 8% realtor fees why not capitalize on it?
if you're buying, you don't pay any fees to the realtors. it's the seller that pays the realtor fees.
atm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm2000 View Post
if you're buying, you don't pay any fees to the realtors. it's the seller that pays the realtor fees.
It's true, but not really. There's an inherent conflict of interest, being that although you have enlisted an agent to represent your interests, he/she is ultimately trying to make the most money possible. AFAIK, the commission is agreed upon between seller and seller's agent, and then seller's agent decides what cut the buyer's agent will get. It only stands to reason that the more the property sells for, whatever the arrangement, the more that the buyer's agent will take home. Call me cynical, but you gotta wonder just how hard they negotiate on your behalf.

If this is what you meant, Xlash, then I see your point. However, with the deals and interest rates to be had out there right now, there's never been a better time to buy and you really can't lose. I'd let an agent to the legwork. They have an inside track on things before they hit MLS too, so your chances of finding exactly what you're looking for are way higher with a realtor, IMO.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
atm2000
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
It's true, but not really. There's an inherent conflict of interest, being that although you have enlisted an agent to represent your interests, he/she is ultimately trying to make the most money possible. AFAIK, the commission is agreed upon between seller and seller's agent, and then seller's agent decides what cut the buyer's agent will get. It only stands to reason that the more the property sells for, whatever the arrangement, the more that the buyer's agent will take home. Call me cynical, but you gotta wonder just how hard they negotiate on your behalf.

If this is what you meant, Xlash, then I see your point. However, with the deals and interest rates to be had out there right now, there's never been a better time to buy and you really can't lose. I'd let an agent to the legwork. They have an inside track on things before they hit MLS too, so your chances of finding exactly what you're looking for are way higher with a realtor, IMO.

granted - but at the end of the day, you're only putting down what you can afford. otherwise, you'll be over your head, ie sub-prime meltdown in the US.
atm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
europrince
6th Gear Member

^ the buying agent must work hard on your behalf because if you don't buy, he doesn't get paid. If you don't like the terms of a deal, no matter how much your buying agent says the terms are right, you'll walk away and he/she gets nothing. the inherent nature of this compensation agreement dictates that your buying agent work his/her hardest for you.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #10
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
Wow 8% in Hamilton? Is that different than the rest of Ontario?

And buying...you pay nothing.

The last time I bought something, I cut a deal with the vendor realtor. Went as double agent and beat the bitch down like a point and half. The savings was like $6K
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Craigslist !!!...1

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: