Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

Is this a Husky wolf mix?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNJ-ks-z4Aw

Im going to pick up a Husky or Chow Chow in the fall.I own dogs before and its time again for another one.Take a look at this beast its a Husky Wolf mix right?...Im not getting a mix but honestly this dog looks like it can scare the crap out of anyone.Im getting a breeder recommended by the Humane Society,they have strays for adoption but I rather pick up a pure bred one.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
magnus
6th Gear Member

Looks like a fat husky.
If its a mix its not with what you call wolf. Its more likely with a Malamut.
I just think its a husky but overweight.
I have two. A husky and a cross husky with canadian wolf.
Huskies are the smaller of the Spitz group and they dont bark they howl. This one howls pretty deep for a husky but it might be the sound.
They are great dogs but...and make sure you keep in mind this....they need a great deal of attention and can not be wolked without a chain or lease(or how you spell it). If you get one make sure you never allow him to eat anything that has not been cooked well enough as blood is a No No to them.
Also make sure you drop a spoon of olive oil in his meal. Makes the fur shine!
I love mine to death and one of them is 17-18 yo and still going strong.
Make sure they have allot of walking as they need it dearly and keep in mind that a husky can run non stop for approx. 30km with 30km average speed so if he runs...you better be fast and fit to catch him!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
magnus
6th Gear Member

BTW mine is a thorough bred sixth generation and his father was in Siberia with two golds!!!! Worth every penny!!!!!

Lo they do call to me
Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

thats one big boy!
Honestly most strays are pure bred.
Here is the problem with large bred dogs... they are normally more prone to health conscerns; Hips, knees, arthritis etc.....
Not to mention the new Dog Liscensing crap and bs u have to pay EVERY YEAR about $120
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Looks like a fat husky.
If its a mix its not with what you call wolf. Its more likely with a Malamut.
I just think its a husky but overweight.
I have two. A husky and a cross husky with canadian wolf.
Huskies are the smaller of the Spitz group and they dont bark they howl. This one howls pretty deep for a husky but it might be the sound.
They are great dogs but...and make sure you keep in mind this....they need a great deal of attention and can not be wolked without a chain or lease(or how you spell it). If you get one make sure you never allow him to eat anything that has not been cooked well enough as blood is a No No to them.
Also make sure you drop a spoon of olive oil in his meal. Makes the fur shine!
I love mine to death and one of them is 17-18 yo and still going strong.
Make sure they have allot of walking as they need it dearly and keep in mind that a husky can run non stop for approx. 30km with 30km average speed so if he runs...you better be fast and fit to catch him!

Thats amazing man!
I too have a purebred German Rottweiler with about 5 generation competition schz... Champion.
He is 10 now and still strong as a bull! He isnt exactly what he used to be ofcourse but he is still quite strong and active. He is abit weaker in the rear legs but other than that he is sharp, and fit!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
magnus
6th Gear Member

Yep same with mine. Rear legs not 100% but when we walk he still pulls like a train!

Lo they do call to me
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
xlash
Still learning....

Please think twice before buying from a breeder. There are lots of homeless and abandoned dogs in shelters who could do with a loving home. You've owned dogs before so you'd be an ideal person for some of these dogs. Just search. I'll look around for Huskies if you want but just think twice about buying from a breeder.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

I agree with Xlash im hoping to go to a rescue shelter and get atleast One to keep my guy company! They deserve it adn are most times GREAT dogs!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
xlash
Still learning....

Breeders are in it for the money. They are trying to sell you a 'product' whether or not that 'product' is the right one for you. Rescues, on the other hand, are in it to find the best possible match between dog and human. If there are behavioural or health issues, a rescue will want you to know about these things to be sure that you are able to make the commitment. A breeder, on the other hand, has no reason to disclose any issues with the puppy. A perfect example of that is this pup who is available for adoption:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=13665802
Breeder should have picked up on this before but didn't. Rescue is putting it right out there so people know that this dog has a health issue.
Here's a link to the Husky rescue in Ontario: http://www.siberrescue.org/

You can communicate with them about any puppies that may be on the way if what you want a puppy. It looks like they are also in urgent need of foster homes so perhaps he could even foster with prospect of adoption if all goes well.
Here's a link to the Chow rescue in Ontario: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/ON67.html

Be aware of the ethical issues. The fact that there is a dog and cat overpopulation crisis in North America to the point that 7 cats and dogs are born to each child born each day. In the US, 80,000 dogs are euthanized each week because there are not enough homes. When you buy, you are adding to the demand and therefore supporting that overpopulation. When you adopt, you save a life and free up a space in the shelter for another dog.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #10
joeys323ci
2nd Gear Member

I could'nt agree more, about getting a dog from a rescue. I just got my doberman/rottie from bullies in need awesome experience. plus if you get an older dog you wouldnt need to house train it

blair 3 041

blair 044

blair and storm
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #11
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

^^hey man that's a good-looking pitter you got there. any more pics?
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
He looks like a Malamute to me, he is too big and too square to be a husky.
A Malamute is a very big powerful dog.
I had one a long time ago, he was amazing, but a lot of work.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 AM   #13
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
He looks like a Malamute to me, he is too big and too square to be a husky.
A Malamute is a very big powerful dog.
I had one a long time ago, he was amazing, but a lot of work.
That is what i thought but after looking at him more he is missing some details.
For example malamutes have a bulkier head with shorter nose.
He may have a malamute ancestor but that is a husky.
Malamutes are more or less the same dog just bred in different location. They are of the spitz group(working dogs) along with samoyets.

Lo they do call to me
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #14
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

I doubt it's a wolf cross, that would be pretty rare, I have a husky, Akita mix (Molson), and at 10 yrs old, she is still as active as a pup. People often confuse her with a Malamute. Mine's ears never stayed up, would look a lot meaner if they had, but I have seen her howl like a wolf once in her life, weird to witness, but she has so many different expressions, I definitely see the lineage to wolves.

I'll agree with what others say, definitely strong, when she gets stubborn and doesn't want to go a certain direction, tough to change her mind. And as other have said, fast for their size, at a leashfree park, she chased and kept up with a Whipit...just didn't have the desire or stamina to keep up for a great period of time. And in case you didn't notice, loves the snow

If I were to get another dog, I would do another cross, other than yearly check ups, hasn't cost me a thing, wereas my golden retreiver has cost me a small fortune since day 1, but continues to be happy at 11yrs old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Molson eyes closed1.jpg (195.7 KB, 63 views)
2001 330Cic
addbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addbhp View Post
I doubt it's a wolf cross, that would be pretty rare, I have a husky, Akita mix (Molson), and at 10 yrs old, she is still as active as a pup. People often confuse her with a Malamute. Mine's ears never stayed up, would look a lot meaner if they had, but I have seen her howl like a wolf once in her life, weird to witness, but she has so many different expressions, I definitely see the lineage to wolves.

I'll agree with what others say, definitely strong, when she gets stubborn and doesn't want to go a certain direction, tough to change her mind. And as other have said, fast for their size, at a leashfree park, she chased and kept up with a Whipit...just didn't have the desire or stamina to keep up for a great period of time. And in case you didn't notice, loves the snow

If I were to get another dog, I would do another cross, other than yearly check ups, hasn't cost me a thing, wereas my golden retreiver has cost me a small fortune since day 1, but continues to be happy at 11yrs old.
Gorgeous dog but i would say she looks more like an Akita on roids!
Spitz group dog are all awesome. They are possibly the longest running true friends of hummans hence why they bond so easily and have a friendly nature.

Lo they do call to me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: