Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-24-2003, 07:22 PM   #16
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by nos_fx
Fieros are ok, I would never get in one in fear of it bursting into flames. Your car is one of the only Fieros I like
Thanks!
I know what you mean about them bursting into flames, there's one in the background there under a blue tarp in my driveway. It was a 4banger (the only ones with the fire issue), and it burst into flames, but lucky me, i bought it off the owner for $200, and used the chassis for my f355 kitcar.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:51 PM   #17
Shotta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Shotta
yeah u gotta empty ur pockets for the turbo, and the cramped engine bay doesnt help the situation either! after im done with the car i'll run it on the track for a season then rip the motor back out, im currently reading up on how to swap the 3sgte motor into my car, it looks pretty hard but i think i can pull it off, my car would flyyyyyy with that motor for sure, 220hp stock

New Project Car In Da Mix
Shotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:20 PM   #18
nos_fx
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotta
yeah u gotta empty ur pockets for the turbo, and the cramped engine bay doesnt help the situation either! after im done with the car i'll run it on the track for a season then rip the motor back out, im currently reading up on how to swap the 3sgte motor into my car, it looks pretty hard but i think i can pull it off, my car would flyyyyyy with that motor for sure, 220hp stock
The 3SGTE engine would kill!!! Tho I think your number might be wrong, from 1990-95 (94 & 95 US only) it came with 200hp, then in 95-99 (JDM only) that engine had 245hp. I don't think there was ever a 220hp version. The 200hp 3S could easily be made to have well over 220hp. The 245hp version dosn't work well with 91 octane fuel, in Japan they have something liek 104 octane gas.

That swap would KILL, but its all custom.

Last edited by nos_fx; 03-25-2003 at 09:26 PM.
nos_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:28 PM   #19
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

http://www2.msstate.edu/~sgn1/MR2/mod/turbine.htm

ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:17 PM   #20
Shotta
5th Gear Member

This should sum up my thoughts on that link - >

Old 03-26-2003, 02:20 PM   #21
Shotta
5th Gear Member

Quote:
The 3SGTE engine would kill!!! Tho I think your number might be wrong, from 1990-95 (94 & 95 US only) it came with 200hp, then in 95-99 (JDM only) that engine had 245hp. I don't think there was ever a 220hp version. The 200hp 3S could easily be made to have well over 220hp. The 245hp version dosn't work well with 91 octane fuel, in Japan they have something liek 104 octane gas.

That swap would KILL, but its all custom.

my bad, i was told 220. 200 still is impressive, the power to weight ratio would be amazing, I was reading this tuner magazine the other day and they were testing out this 87 mr2 that was turbo+s/c+nos, they gave it a pretty bad rating because of the cramped engine bay, plus they didnt like how it leaked out oil onto their dyno lol, but the car had something like 300hp

Old 03-26-2003, 06:46 PM   #22
nos_fx
2nd Gear Member

Was that last years Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Challenge? I have that, silver right? Ya HKS sold a kit to make your 4AGZE a Turbo AND SC, cool idea and gives good power but reviews of it are not good...oh well. And the MR2 in the link is slow too (as I've read) A tuned SC engine or a 3Sgte is the best way to go for a trully fast MK1 IMO.

What is your insurance on your 2? I get my G2 in a little over a month, so I'm starting to look for a good deal. Just wanted to know what to expect / would be reasonable. Thanks.

-klye-

ps Still love your 2, when do you get it back from the shop...pics?
Old 03-26-2003, 08:13 PM   #23
Shotta
5th Gear Member

insurance for me is a bitch, ive had my g2 suspended 2 times, im spending around $3500 a year for the mr2 alone.

Im not exactly sure when the car will be done, im doing ALL the work myself, engine+body, so far ive made custome engine mounts and i have the new motor bolted up, im waiting for my new axels to come back from the machine shop, after that i need to make up a new shifter cable because the original is way to short, then i just have to wire up the ecu and it will be running.
bodywork wise i still have to finish moulding the front apron to the car, im still measuring it up and making adjustments, i took off all the mouldings and filled in the little dip with fiberglass to give it a more smoothe effect, im trying to find some side skirts but im having no luck, when i do get them though im gonna mould it into the body (1 peice body)

wow all that work seems simple when i type it out.. i wish it was that simple foreal lol i do a little everyday so it should be out by the summer

Old 04-04-2003, 02:43 AM   #24
brian_m3
2nd Gear Member

ya my buddy has a white mr2 turbo he was at import fest car is really fast.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:54 PM   #25
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

wow, that fiero is nice!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 08:07 PM   #26
nos_fx
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brian_m3
ya my buddy has a white mr2 turbo he was at import fest car is really fast.
I think I saw it there...MK2's are fast!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #27
Shotta
5th Gear Member

Quote:
I think I saw it there...MK2's are fast!!!
yeah i think i know the car 2, there is also this kid in the richmondhill area that bought a done up white mk2, i'll respect his car but not him cuz he didnt mod it himself, if u want full respect then mod it the way u want to! but sweet car none the less

Old 04-08-2003, 09:59 PM   #28
nos_fx
2nd Gear Member

OH man...I would never buy a pre-moded car! two reasons

1-ITS BEEN RACED!!! which means its more worn out then the KM says
2-I want to do it my way!!! Thats just the way I am...my way or no way! (When it comes to cars.)
Old 04-08-2003, 10:00 PM   #29
nos_fx
2nd Gear Member

*Note new sig!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: