Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #31
sirex
King Sirex

lol sueing you for what making his penis feel small?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #32
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek View Post
Serves you right for a.) buying a compass b.) installing blue headlights in said compass.

Install regular bulbs and replace the harness, costs only a few bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...%3A1|72%3A1171
the problem was the factory headlight was shorting out at the connection. i replaced it with aftermarket bulbs because they offer better light. i drive in the country allot so i chose the whiter light they weren't blue the bulbs are blue the output is white. (now i have regular bulbs)

and the harness that they want to replace is the whole harness not the connector! a new harness is 600+ i have heard from jeep forums

Last edited by W2WDETAILING; 07-08-2009 at 07:32 PM.
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #33
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
lol sueing you for what?
for taping the argument and posting it on you tube the purpose of the video is for audio the actual video was of the floor
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #34
sirex
King Sirex

i guess you can try to sue someone for anything these days. Is recording audio illegal or something?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #35
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
Zach to sum things up here you admittedly made a mistake and did not read your invoice properly the dealer did there job the TIPM module was reset using your existing brioken bulb just like the work order explains. A year has past since your original inspection. T touch base on the Drama Queen comment wow you leaving the dealership cursing and swearing with ladies and children present in the drive thru that's a Drama QUEEEN all over $65 I guess the detailing bussiness is slow
get owned

Quote:
Serves you right for a.) buying a compass b.) installing blue headlights in said compass.

get pwned again

hahaha what an owning
this Zach guy sounds like a real tool, who swears at service managers over $65 bulb? Come on man, get some class. You're the guy who bought the Compass in the first place hahaha
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #36
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
get owned

get pwned again

hahaha what an owning
this Zach guy sounds like a real tool, who swears at service managers over $65 bulb? Come on man, get some class. You're the guy who bought the Compass in the first place hahaha
yeah ok kellys blue book shut the **** up and its not a 65 dollar bulb dumbass
Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #37
mirek
6th Gear Member

The picture you posted said "head light bulb socket holder is broken" that is 6$, what is 600$?
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #38
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
The picture you posted said "head light bulb socket holder is broken" that is 6$, what is 600$?
i was told they dont replace the connector that they have to replace the whole harness. i didn't think much about it. i knew the end piece could be changed but the last thing im going to do is butcher wires in a newer vehicle.

but the "head light bulb socket holder is broken" isnt the connector on the car but the piece from the bulb.... apparently is sooo clear in the papers but you just proved that its not buy confusing the two. i was incorrectly informed about the headlights i was under the false pretense that the light was fixed, untill it went back out and i found the piece in my glove box.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #39
Junaid
4th Gear Member

let him sue you, it will bring embarrassment to his own dealership, he will be known as the dealership that sues customers...lol that cant be good for business

Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #40
mirek
6th Gear Member

if you replaced the bulb what's the problem then? you're confusing.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #41
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
hahaha what an owning
So you insult the OP in the 3rd person as if he didn't actually start this thread, and then continue to further insult him directly. Then you somehow find it appropriate to talk about having class.

It doesn't matter if it's a $65 issue or a $6500 issue, it's a matter of principle. If you bring your car into a dealership to get serviced and they tell you they fixed the problem, and then you find out later that they didn't fix it properly do you just go to another shop to get it fixed, or do you go back and tell them that they made a mistake and get them to fix it? Then when you go back and try to tell them that they made a mistake all they do is try and pass the buck and tell you that it's your problem, not theirs. Even the invoice they gave him is garbage, it mentions that the wires are charred, the headlight bulb socket holder is broken, and the connection is not tight. Their remedy was to clean the terminals and tell the owner to replace his bulb? First of all if the connection is not tight it is going to cause arcing which is probably what caused the charring of the wires, so just cleaning it up and putting it back together is not going to solve the problem. Secondly if the headlight bulb socket holder is broken, shouldn't their remedy state that a new headlight assembly, or bulb holder, or wiring harness is required? It appears that this was mentioned verbally but it is not indicated on the invoice anywhere.

People like throwing around the word "sue" to scare people off. Just make sure that you have your case laid out if for whatever reason this dealership is serious about suing you.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #42
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
can someone explain this to me a little betteR, the video doesn't work , and I dont think I fully understand the problem between all the capital letters, etc.

So far what I understand is that something burnt out because of a broken bulb. The techs cleared the CPU of the problem, but the put the same broken bulb into the socket, causing the problem again.

In any case, you realize your customer traveled all the way out to see you, you know he bought his car from you and could potentially bring in more clients/etc, and yet instead of fixing something that you say is oonly worth 65$ you make him go through this agrevation of dealing with customer service?

E30 you called W2W cheap for 65$, well wtf he spent how many thousands of dollas on his car from your shitty dealer ship in the first place. Im not saying give customers free shit but you can show some professionalism in this manner anyway. If your customer doesn't act profesionally, doesn't mean you should act like a big baby either and dick around your customers.
The bulb was broken because he tampered with it and unfortunetly warranty only covers manufacturers defects so the part wasn't covered and the customer decided he didn't want to replace the parts needed so they broke again.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #43
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Thank you why is this so hard for other people to get. You mess with a vehicle that has warranty and then something brakes how is that covered it's not a defect. When the problem was explained before looking at it he would have been told it was covered...when we got in there and found that it was broken because of something the customer did no that isn't warranty.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #44
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Quote:
lol sueing you for what making his penis feel small?
In this country it is illegal to tape someone with audio without their knowledge which is what Zach has done. On top of this it is even more illegal to post said video/audio on the internet/public forum without the consent of all parties in the recording.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #45
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
So you insult the OP in the 3rd person as if he didn't actually start this thread, and then continue to further insult him directly. Then you somehow find it appropriate to talk about having class.

It doesn't matter if it's a $65 issue or a $6500 issue, it's a matter of principle. If you bring your car into a dealership to get serviced and they tell you they fixed the problem, and then you find out later that they didn't fix it properly do you just go to another shop to get it fixed, or do you go back and tell them that they made a mistake and get them to fix it? Then when you go back and try to tell them that they made a mistake all they do is try and pass the buck and tell you that it's your problem, not theirs. Even the invoice they gave him is garbage, it mentions that the wires are charred, the headlight bulb socket holder is broken, and the connection is not tight. Their remedy was to clean the terminals and tell the owner to replace his bulb? First of all if the connection is not tight it is going to cause arcing which is probably what caused the charring of the wires, so just cleaning it up and putting it back together is not going to solve the problem. Secondly if the headlight bulb socket holder is broken, shouldn't their remedy state that a new headlight assembly, or bulb holder, or wiring harness is required? It appears that this was mentioned verbally but it is not indicated on the invoice anywhere.

People like throwing around the word "sue" to scare people off. Just make sure that you have your case laid out if for whatever reason this dealership is serious about suing you.
If the video was still up the you could see that Zach admits to being explained about the problem a year ago at which point he had decided to do nothing about it because he didn't want to pay. We were able to get the bulb working for him at the time but it would have gone out eventually which it did.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: