Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #46
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Ya, you know working for minimum wage is alot of fun. Axe the unions so that we can work for our selves in service. 10 bucks an hour to pick up trash, loads of fun.

Sirex you union loving lemming..Stop saying without unions we dont have a high standard of living.Last time I look around my place %100 of the workers make good wages and we're not a slave to the unions dues or demands.In fact we were "asked" to join a union but %95 of the workers said no fuc&^ing way.I got some inside information from a reliable source,strike will end this week.Probably Wednesday,the main problem is the 416 union,they are ones getting the sick day banks,the other unions arent getting that sweet ass request.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #47
sirex
King Sirex

you can thank the unions for your rights at your current place of employment, which Im 100% sure your job can be replaced by a lemming for 1/2 your wage.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #48
Oyster
4th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Oyster
just heard on cp24 that you can not charge for this type of service

beware of snitches as you need to be licensed and certified.

Finds range from $4,000 to millions of $$$
Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #49
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^yep. Its an environmental fine, which can be huge. Glad buisness isn't in my name

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #50
sirex
King Sirex

wha?

private trash collection cant be charged for?? i dont understand?? are you illegally dumping?

I dont see how it can be illegal to pick up someones garbage and drive it down to say turtle island, or any other private garbage disposal company.

hell you can call any company that gives out bins, and rent a garbage bin 20 yards or so, for a weekend and charge people to fill it up. same idea.

Last edited by sirex; 07-05-2009 at 07:00 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #51
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
no one said it can't. we actually just agreed on the exact opposite.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #52
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Something like you as the home owner being able to do electrical work, plumbing etc. for yourself but you can't do it for someone else..it's to protect companies who are in this business against small businesses like those popping up everywhere now.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
Something like you as the home owner being able to do electrical work, plumbing etc. for yourself but you can't do it for someone else..it's to protect companies who are in this business against small businesses like those popping up everywhere now.
not really.. the big companies have their own dumping yards, licences, certificates, etc.

so say you start picking up trash too, where are you going to take it too?? probably one of those private companies.. they make money anyway.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #54
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Not many of them have their own dumping yards (costs a lot to create/maintain), but they do have certificates, licenses, pay all kind of fees..and small businesses like those during this strike don't do that.

Paying $50-100 for 1000kg of waste is cheap when you'll charge $800-1000 for it, but if you're paying everything else (those licenses, certificates) it takes away a lot from the profit.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #55
sirex
King Sirex

I hear what youre saying.

And obviously if its a law, its a law.

Im just thinking about this... Youre a private resident, usualy the city picks up your trash which you pay for yearly + through taxes.

So instead, you say well **** this strike, I need my garbage gone. So you call up a private company like propones to pick it up. They charge you 40$ to empty your trash.

Lets say they take it to Turtle island. They still gotta pay to dump it.

The private companies that exist, that do this, they never took from residential places in the first place. So its not exactly lost profits.. You lost the potential to make More profits, but then again no you haven't, all you have to do is compete with the smaller businesses.

and if youre a succesful business in the first place, I dont see how that would hurt.

Now obviously, if these new private enterprises are doing illegal dumping, etc, and charging rediculous low cost, and doing mass pick up and Picking up from customers that were with private companies from before, then yes, i see a problem.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #56
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
wha?

private trash collection cant be charged for?? i dont understand?? are you illegally dumping?

I dont see how it can be illegal to pick up someones garbage and drive it down to say turtle island, or any other private garbage disposal company.

hell you can call any company that gives out bins, and rent a garbage bin 20 yards or so, for a weekend and charge people to fill it up. same idea.
It's not that you can't, you just have to have a certificate from the ministry of environment - basically states that you know where you are dumping this, what's illegal, what's harmful, etc.

Heard this on 680 news tonight too.

It's not illegal to pick it up for free, but if you charge for the service without the proper documentation, you can be fined from $5000 to $4 million.

Deep
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: