Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
daytona
6th Gear Member

these days you need a laptop and software to narrow down %95 of the problems of the newer cars.So the BS about mechanics taking items apart to find the problems does not apply to the newer cars.My mechanic owns the most basic garage you can get but he fixes BMW to Fords.He can tell you by just putting it on the lift and reading the codes to tell you what is wrong with the car...one hour at most.Electronics he contracts out the job but anything mechanical he does in shop.One car he had was a Nissan 350Z..out of warranty,the owner brought it to Nissan and got a quote for $2200 for a tranny problem,my mechanic fixed it for him for $600 and using all OEM parts.You can have all the newest gadgets in the world at your shop but the bottom line is the knowledge of the mechanic,the "certified" mechanics at Benz normally fixes the most problematic items on certain models so they know whats exactly is wrong so for them to quote $6000 for a sunroof is insane.I know the Benz SUV had major issues with the motors losing power at certain speeds and my buddy at Steeles knew exactly what the issues was and so did the dealership but they still charge 3 hours shop hours just to look at the problem.He knew the exact problem since fixes 4 -8 a week for the same issues but he still had to put it on a lift to make it look like work was being done.Just say he took long coffee breaks for those inspections.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Hence why I have no problem, and have gone to different shops to make sure I get the same answers. Obviously My car is not longer in the 60k+ value but non the less it being a bmw does put it in a much higher repair rate then a chevy aveo for example. If I don't agree with what my mechnic has told me 100% I will take it to another shop just to be damn sure.

I have also found Downtown BMW to be full of arrogant pricks. Many time's that I have gone in to buy parts for my car, I have had pretty crappy service. It's lie they see a young guy and turn their heads away. And thats just for parts, I can imagine what they would say if I was to go a buy a car. I had a friend that had an experience like this at a Mercedes dealership where they wouldn't sell him a car. So the next day he returned with his dad who owns a newer Benz (bought from that dealership) and is a loyal customer from them. The dad talked to the sales manager, and was able to get some upgrades on the car for free.

Jay
Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

The mechanics are usually good - it's the managment that need to drive up revenue that does the screwing.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #19
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3speed View Post
i completely agree!!! they are assholes there!

My dad last year went there to buy a mercedes after work.. dressed in his work gear (construction).. and the salesman was such a jerk... didn't believe my dad had the $$ to afford one!

Made comments about my dad being lower class etc... my dad almost knocked him out!! i was there with him and freaked on the guy!

one week later my dad bought the mercedes at a small private dealership and we went back to the mercedes dealership on steeles.. called the same guy over.. gave him the finger and told him to f*&^ himself and drove off!

i will never buy a car there!!
Ya bro I remember that!! lol
Your dad was pissed!!!
That dealership if full of money grabbing leeches!
FTL
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #20
daytona
6th Gear Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/offbeat/comm...ta_dealership/

I "lost" my portable GPS at a dealership once,left the car overnight for a repair,came back next day and the GPS is missing,I leave it inside the trunk when not using it,I report this to the service manager and he told me to file a insurance claim.I told him straight one of his workers stole it and he said there is no proof.He did reduce the repair bill by $100 but the GPS cost $300.I couldnt win since I could not prove it was inside the car.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/offbeat/comm...ta_dealership/

I "lost" my portable GPS at a dealership once,left the car overnight for a repair,came back next day and the GPS is missing,I leave it inside the trunk when not using it,I report this to the service manager and he told me to file a insurance claim.I told him straight one of his workers stole it and he said there is no proof.He did reduce the repair bill by $100 but the GPS cost $300.I couldnt win since I could not prove it was inside the car.
Just another dimension of stealerships.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #22
TNation
Banned

my dealership is really honest, i'm part of Dixie Autogroup with over 950 vehicles in inventory.
anyone who wants a $150 in cash or a cheque if you know someone looking for a car, PM me. I can get almost any vehicle.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #23
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
my dealership is really honest, i'm part of Dixie Autogroup with over 950 vehicles in inventory.
anyone who wants a $150 in cash or a cheque if you know someone looking for a car, PM me. I can get almost any vehicle.
shameless plug much?! $150 referral? That's it? Peanuts man, peanuts. I'll pay $500 to $2000 depending on the car! :p

Dixie automall is up with the best of those stealerships. I wouldn't be calling or thinking of them as honest. You just started working there, Im sure you'll learn a lot! Did they hire you as lotboy/assistant? I don't get why you haven't gone to get your sales license yet! Although you'll probably make more money this summer being the lot attendant than selling cars for Dixie autogroup!

Btw, gotta love your fail of a prediction for the Canadian dollar equaling USD this summer! I guess I'm throwing away that Honda I was saving for you! J/k
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
shameless plug much?! $150 referral? That's it? Peanuts man, peanuts. I'll pay $500 to $2000 depending on the car! :p

Dixie automall is up with the best of those stealerships. I wouldn't be calling or thinking of them as honest. You just started working there, Im sure you'll learn a lot! Did they hire you as lotboy/assistant? I don't get why you haven't gone to get your sales license yet! Although you'll probably make more money this summer being the lot attendant than selling cars for Dixie autogroup!

Btw, gotta love your fail of a prediction for the Canadian dollar equaling USD this summer! I guess I'm throwing away that Honda I was saving for you! J/k

Yeah $150 isn't bad, I don't deal with exotics or pricey cars. We deal with cars from about $5k to $65k at the most. You know, what 80% of the population buys, dumbass. I like this work vs work I had at Toyota last summer, each sales job has provided me with unique challenges.
I have my OMVIC and I'm in sales there, Dixie has 12 dealerships, much more than you and your so-called importing job. Your lack of car knowledge combined with your lack of intelligence must be hurting your wallet, or your lack of a good credit score.
The US dollar will be on par with the Canadian dollar, give it time. It was at 94 cents in June ; )
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #25
daytona
6th Gear Member

My referral is Rendered...he really help me look for my car.You need a car you should talk to him......
Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #26
europrince
6th Gear Member

Tnation, no need to throw insults at others. Rendered certainly knows his stuff. Second, I guarantee you the CDN dollar won't be on par with the USD any time soon. In the future, yes. Soon, no.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #27
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
That's like taking your car in because of some engine problem and because the tech can't (or won't) look for the problem he says that you need a new engine and it'll cost you $30k..fair?
Fair...no
Real...you bet!!!

Not long ago i had a customer who spent about $3K at BMW dealer, trying to solve an idle problem...After they changed and fixed many things, he came to me for a mass airflow sensor. When i installed it, i discovered the old one was installed BACKWARDS!!! You would think that a BMW tech can see the big arrow stamped on the damn thing!!! Instead, they kept changing parts, and hopeing something works!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

the reason for all this bullshit is the same as all the other bullshit trades that exist, and Im sorry Im not trying to throw bombs here or hurt anyones feelings, but anyone with a bit of an education, with some common sense, and not totally retarded can DO 90% of all trades jobs, in cluding being a mechanic.

But, they dont have TIME, or the tools, and so leave it in the best judgement of mechanics, etc. You look at mechanics and nothing is fixed, everything is replaced for the most part. From sensors, to new motors, new bearings, etc. I spent 3 hours changing my ****ing cars water coolant pump at my friends shop. It would have cost 250$ for the labour, without the part. The shit is so brainlessly easy its incredible.

With computers, the cars being so advanced now, like Daytona said, you plug it in the computer and the thing tells you EXACTLY where to look.

So too keep the trade alive there is no charge rate for this shit, dealers, mechanics can do and say whatever they want and charge whatever they want, espeically to people that dont know squat, and you get taken for a ride of your life on some bullshit.

But because were a society of door knobs if they were the badge of authenticity, they are some how certified proffesionals. Whooopdidoo!1 Somehow that badge of bullshit gives them the right to charge whatever they want. No wonder why people are leasing cars now adays
Old 07-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #29
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
the reason for all this bullshit is the same as all the other bullshit trades that exist, and Im sorry Im not trying to throw bombs here or hurt anyones feelings, but anyone with a bit of an education, with some common sense, and not totally retarded can DO 90% of all trades jobs, in cluding being a mechanic.

But, they dont have TIME, or the tools, and so leave it in the best judgement of mechanics, etc. You look at mechanics and nothing is fixed, everything is replaced for the most part. From sensors, to new motors, new bearings, etc. I spent 3 hours changing my ****ing cars water coolant pump at my friends shop. It would have cost 250$ for the labour, without the part. The shit is so brainlessly easy its incredible.

With computers, the cars being so advanced now, like Daytona said, you plug it in the computer and the thing tells you EXACTLY where to look.

So too keep the trade alive there is no charge rate for this shit, dealers, mechanics can do and say whatever they want and charge whatever they want, espeically to people that dont know squat, and you get taken for a ride of your life on some bullshit.

But because were a society of door knobs if they were the badge of authenticity, they are some how certified proffesionals. Whooopdidoo!1 Somehow that badge of bullshit gives them the right to charge whatever they want. No wonder why people are leasing cars now adays
Sorry to say it, but this is how most North American customers are! They dont know better, and dont stop to think about it, and just pay for whatever! And its not just the automotive industry, its everywhere! For example; my dad had a tooth ache years ago, for some reason went to a new dentist who told him it needed a $600 root canal done...he then went to our regular dentist and got just a filling done, saving the tooth...Same with the natural gas companys, they come for inspection, shut your gas saying you have a leak and need a new $1500 furnace! Then independent contractors do a check (and i know that from close frineds) and find NO leaks at all!!! Just a scam to scare people to buy more things! The list goes on and on...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #30
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post

+1, and it's not getting better any time soon.

BMW Waterloo quoted 2 hours labour + parts to change the air filters on the M5. Because it has Dinan CAI they said that they have to take off the front bumper to get access to the filters. I looked at it at home, took off 3 screws to remove a piece of the cowling on the underside of the car and lone behold the filter was right there and accessible. It took me 20 minutes and the bumper didn't need to come off (even if it did that's only a 10min job anyways).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: