Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

You kinda hope the dealerships are honest...but

http://www.break.com/index/mercedes-...-customer.html

Hate to say this but this is the norm for majority of dealerships.I know guys at the Steeles Mercedes dealership and they tell me stories all the time about "major repairs" that in reality was a easy fix.The sad part is the owners of these cars can afford the repairs and rarely make a fuss on the repair bills.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Seen it before but I'm not surprised.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
Furious
BMW again.

they buy from a site where the cars are in accidents, some major some minor.. its like an ebay for wrecks the best price wins.. it all depends on condition etc.. ive seen it personally.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

mercedes at steels is not very nice dealership... bought 4 vehicles from them not satisfied with them, they will F*ck you over if you dont know stuff.

Service is nice tho.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #5
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER View Post
mercedes at steels is not very nice dealership... bought 4 vehicles from them not satisfied with them, they will F*ck you over if you dont know stuff.

Service is nice tho.
i completely agree!!! they are assholes there!

My dad last year went there to buy a mercedes after work.. dressed in his work gear (construction).. and the salesman was such a jerk... didn't believe my dad had the $$ to afford one!

Made comments about my dad being lower class etc... my dad almost knocked him out!! i was there with him and freaked on the guy!

one week later my dad bought the mercedes at a small private dealership and we went back to the mercedes dealership on steeles.. called the same guy over.. gave him the finger and told him to f*&^ himself and drove off!

i will never buy a car there!!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #6
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

I somewhat see there point tho; sunroof doesnt work=you need a new one...$6500, problem solved. OR we charge you $130/houre chasing the problem, may or may not find anything, then we give you a $500+ bill for removing a rock! Wich may or may not solve the problem (if more damage was gone). So i have to say they did it rigth, replacing all faulty parts...After all, if you drive a $100K+ car, and $6K is too much, you should; A: Buy a Kia, or B: Dont get it fixed at the dealer...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
blastedM3
Jane & Finch

^^^My older bro had some bad experiences there with his E55...His rear bearing was gone and when he took it to the dealer ship they told him it was his diff that was leaking and it would cost close to 7gs to have it repaired or something like that.

Later on at a different benz mechanic found out that it was only the bearing and had it fixed for under $500.

He never went back there again.

1997 E36 M3-Sold
1991 318ci-Project Car-Almost Done
93 Honda HB-Daily Beater
blastedM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Regardless of what you paid for the vehicle 6000 frame what was actually just a stuck rock is redic.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
Regardless of what you paid for the vehicle 6000 frame what was actually just a stuck rock is redic.
Yea I love this logic of if you can afford a car you can fund wars in 3rd world countries.
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
daytona
6th Gear Member

Eurostyle your a retailers dream customer.Do not question the bill and the shop is always right.He paid for a certified mechanic to take a look,how hard is it to pull the panel off and look at the rails or motors?.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
TNation
Banned

interesting vid.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
I somewhat see there point tho; sunroof doesnt work=you need a new one...$6500, problem solved. OR we charge you $130/houre chasing the problem, may or may not find anything, then we give you a $500+ bill for removing a rock! Wich may or may not solve the problem (if more damage was gone). So i have to say they did it rigth, replacing all faulty parts...After all, if you drive a $100K+ car, and $6K is too much, you should; A: Buy a Kia, or B: Dont get it fixed at the dealer...
Last time I checked I paid for the work to be done, I can bring my car in to my mechanic and he can check everything and if only a hose needs to be replaced that's all I'm paying for is the installation of the hose.
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #13
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
Eurostyle your a retailers dream customer.Do not question the bill and the shop is always right.He paid for a certified mechanic to take a look,how hard is it to pull the panel off and look at the rails or motors?.
Did anybody say they didnt tho? To be fair, they could have looked at it, and not find the problem (wich happens sometimes) and just done the easy thing like SO many places...just replacing parts!

I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that this kind of thing happens ALL the time, and people dont even know it. Most dealers take the easy (and more profitable) way to solve problems; they replace parts rather then finding real problems.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

That's like taking your car in because of some engine problem and because the tech can't (or won't) look for the problem he says that you need a new engine and it'll cost you $30k..fair?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #15
europrince
6th Gear Member

That's why we call them stealers.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: